Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Have fun, Karen! Are you going on a cruise from there, I assume?

We will be looking to book Vancouver to Hawaii at this time next year for 2018. I am also open to Celebrity and will be looking for the South Pacific cruise options, too. Does anyone know when Celebrity will be opening their bookings for fall of 2018?

I would be interested in Celebrity, too. However, their Vancouver to Hawaii cruises in Sept 2016 and 2017 have one less port stop/island than what I have seen posted for Radiance. . . . I would like to maximize the number of islands I visit.

I would be interested in Celebrity, too. However, their Vancouver to Hawaii cruises in Sept 2016 and 2017 have one less port stop/island than what I have seen posted for Radiance. . . . I would like to maximize the number of islands I visit.

Yes. I have seen that, too. But, since they open their bookings much earlier than RCI has done I may just book them when they are released and then cancel if RCI has a better itinerary.

Have fun, Karen! Are you going on a cruise from there, I assume?

We will be looking to book Vancouver to Hawaii at this time next year for 2018. I am also open to Celebrity and will be looking for the South Pacific cruise options, too. Does anyone know when Celebrity will be opening their bookings for fall of 2018?

Yes, thanks, Ginny! We are on Radiance from Honolulu to Vancouver. 6 days around the islands and 5 days at sea. Radiance will then go into dry dock and after that, Alaska. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Yes, thanks, Ginny! We are on Radiance from Honolulu to Vancouver. 6 days around the islands and 5 days at sea. Radiance will then go into dry dock and after that, Alaska. :)

I just subscribed to Bill's live thread he started this morning, so I will be cruising with you again, this time virtually!:o I hope we have fun!:cool:

If Celebrity follow the last couple of years, around November will see the next set of itinerary releases.

Apparently Cruise Critic has better information than RCL or Cruise Cal.

Heres the link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6958

New Ports and New Itineraries.

If anyone is looking for the Repositioning on the Ovation From Singapore to Sydney which I'm, here is the itinerary. It is a 14 Night cruise from Singapore leavign 23rd November.

Singapore> Perth>Adelaide>Hobart> Sydney.

Bookings open Thursday! For C& A Members??> don't count on it.

No change in the status of the UK website in regard to Anthem sailings in April 2018. RCI looking for £5K+ for a 7-day trip in an SOV cabin compared to less than £4K for same week in 2017. US site offering an approx £1K saving on that quote I see. Don't they like us any more :confused:

Not sure if anyone knows it yet but the itineraries for Australia and New Zealand has been released on Cruise Cal..

Voyager, Explorer and the Radiance and Ovation.

The repositioning cruise on the Ovation hasn't been released yet though.

So, any idea where Legend is going? She don't seem to be deployed in Caribbean too.

The UK website still has Legend going to the Caribbean with itineraries being released in May 2016. Whether or not that is correct, I do not know.

Thanks. It's curious, where would she go in Caribbean? And why it wasn't released among the other ships? Weird... Could she going to Cuba too?

Thanks. It's curious, where would she go in Caribbean? And why it wasn't released among the other ships? Weird... Could she going to Cuba too?

I have no idea. I can't imagine her going to Cuba also. Someone mentioned Panama Canal, but I don't know why that wouldn't have been already released. Your guess is as good as mine.

The UK website still has Legend going to the Caribbean with itineraries being released in May 2016. Whether or not that is correct, I do not know.

Cruise Industry News states at the end of the Oz deployment article that Legend will leave Australia and head to Europe in 2017.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/14507-royal-caribbean-announces-2017-2018-australia-season.html

I have no idea. I can't imagine her going to Cuba also. Someone mentioned Panama Canal, but I don't know why that wouldn't have been already released. Your guess is as good as mine.

Another possibility. Would explain why the european cruises will end sooner than the usual...

Cruise Industry News states at the end of the Oz deployment article that Legend will leave Australia and head to Europe in 2017.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/14507-royal-caribbean-announces-2017-2018-australia-season.html

She will be in Europe until october, as far as we know. Remains to be seen what will happen after that.

Ovation of the Seas is using Radiance of the Seas bookings at OPT in Sydney for the extra cruises in Jan/Feb17.

Radiance cannot dock at the other terminal in Sydney because she will not fit under the bridge.

Royal claim on Facebook that Radiance will use OPT.

Royal has been getting abused on social media about not being honest what is happening.

Ovation of the Seas is using Radiance of the Seas bookings at OPT in Sydney for the extra cruises in Jan/Feb17.

Radiance cannot dock at the other terminal in Sydney because she will not fit under the bridge.

Royal has been getting abused on social media about not being honest what is happening.

This might sound weird but any chance Radiance could do a tender while anchored in the Harbour? I don't know how that works, and to be honest the chance is very remote for it to happen and very tedious i suppose

This might sound weird but any chance Radiance could do a tender while anchored in the Harbour? I don't know how that works, and to be honest the chance is very remote for it to happen and very tedious i suppose

I would say that is impossible. Remember, it's a turnaround day, not a port of call.

A couple of those Radiance bookings are actually bogus - she is cruising elsewhere at the time. I'd dig up the exact dates but I'm on Serenade about to depart Ft Lauderdale. [emoji3][emoji41][emoji481]

It's been missing since they came out with the new schedule. It's a 12 nighter and the itinerary is on cruisecal and the sailing also shows up on RCCLs 2017-2018 flyers.

I have been told several times by Resolutions that it's coming out soon.

I'm still waiting, though.

Edited by svillager

It's been missing since they came out with the new schedule. It's a 12 nighter and the itinerary is on cruisecal and the sailing also shows up on RCCLs 2017-2018 flyers.

I have been told several times by Resolutions that it's coming out soon.

I'm still waiting, though.

Thanks but it's basically another Southern. I was hoping for a 2017 Western. There are none. I wonder why they held that date back....perhaps pricong as always a lower priced timing. Time will tell. Vicki