Printing airline boarding passes from Ipad

sissylala

Don't some airlines allow the option to 'print' the boarding pass directly to the ipad w/o an actual printed copy?

I know that it's possible to get a mobile boarding pass on a smart phone such as an iPhone so would think it could also be downloaded to an iPad.

I'm not very experienced with the procedure but think it's only possible to download one boarding pass per device.

Another option is to print the boarding pass at an airport kiosk once you arrive at the airport.

For anyone checking luggage we can get a boarding pass at the same time.

I check-in online (or have someone at home do it) from the ship & print a boarding pass when checking in my luggage.

For anyone checking luggage we can get a boarding pass at the same time.

I check-in online (or have someone at home do it) from the ship & print a boarding pass when checking in my luggage.

When we fly Southwest, always have our kids check us in on the 24 hour mark and then we check luggage and get our boarding just like you said.

I download my boarding pass to app on my phone. Either Delta or Southwest. Haven't printed out since it was offered. Also have same apps on IPad so it should work as well. It just is easier and even though I'm pretty old, I try to embrace the new technology. Everything up on it including my frequently TSA priority. Once it is loaded, seems to be pretty fast to bring up.

I download my boarding pass to app on my phone. Either Delta or Southwest. Haven't printed out since it was offered. Also have same apps on IPad so it should work as well. It just is easier and even though I'm pretty old, I try to embrace the new technology. Everything up on it including my frequently TSA priority. Once it is loaded, seems to be pretty fast to bring up.

Agreed, this method is much more convenient than printing aboard ship, as the Internet Cafe is always jam packed with people on the last day all trying to print their boarding passes.

I've been relying only on e-boarding passes on my smartphone for a few years now; especially when concluding a cruise. I've done this successfully with all the following airlines: American, United, Alaska, Delta, Lufthansa, Virgin, Jet Blue, and even some small regional airlines such as Horizon Air (Pacific Northwest) and Cape Air (New England).

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Can I use my IPad to print boarding passes to the printer in the Internet Cafe or do I have to use Princess Desktop computers.

I don't know if it's available on all airlines, but I check in on my iPhone, and they scan the phone at the gate for the boarding pass, no printing involved. You just need to download the app for your airline.

Edited by bigchid

At some airports, on Southwest we observed pax with downloaded boarding passes on their devices, who were being directed to the desk for a hard copy to be scanned.....odd!

How easy is printing out boarding passes on the Ruby ....or is it crowded in the Internet area.?

(Easy on Celebrity....never been on Princess)

How easy is printing out boarding passes on the Ruby ....or is it crowded in the Internet area.?

Many passengers often want to check in and print out their boarding passes, so it could be crowded.

If you just want to check in and print out the boarding passes at the airport, it will take less time since the extra steps to print will take a bunch of Internet time with so many people using the Internet at the same time.

Only for Southwest airlines which assigns boarding positions based on check-in time is it important to check in as soon as possible. If you are not on Southwest, you can wait until later in the day when the crowd in the Internet Cafe will have gone.

Great suggestions...thank you

We always do early bird on SW, but believe early on line check in gets better A position...

Like the idea of having relatives do it for us ( they'll be east....we'll be west) Otherwise we will do our best online and print them out when we check in at airport...

Hoping for luggage valet..????????

Check in on your iPad. With the boarding pass showing on the screen, press the Home Key (the round button on the face of the iPad) and the On/Off button simultaneously. This will snap a photo of the screen, which you can access through the photos icon. You can then call it up on the screen when you get to the airport, or you can email the photo to your iPhone and do the same a bit more conveniently.

Also, most airlines have kiosks at the airport that will allow you to reprint your boarding pass. Or the check in agent will do it at the bag drop.

Check in on your iPad. With the boarding pass showing on the screen, press the Home Key (the round button on the face of the iPad) and the On/Off button simultaneously. This will snap a photo of the screen, which you can access through the photos icon. You can then call it up on the screen when you get to the airport, or you can email the photo to your iPhone and do the same a bit more conveniently.

Also, most airlines have kiosks at the airport that will allow you to reprint your boarding pass. Or the check in agent will do it at the bag drop.

Thanks so much for this.

We always do early bird on SW, but believe early on line check in gets better A position...

By the time you can check in online, it will be past the time that your position in line was already assigned. Per the Southwest web site:

"We'll automatically check you in and assign your boarding position within 36 hours of your flight's departure - that's 12 hours before general boarding positions become available. While EarlyBird Check-In doesn't guarantee an A boarding position, it improves your seat selection options to help you get your favorite seat."

On a recent trip I used my boarding passes on my Apple Watch to go through TSA security on Ontario, CA and Seattle, WA and to board two Southwest flights and one Alaskan Air flight. I could have done it with my iPhone or copies of my boarding passes on my iPad but I wanted to see how it worked with the Apple Watch. No problems.

It also might be worth the $20 per person to have Princess do the EZ Check (assuming it's available for your port/airline). $20 they check you in, give you your boarding passes, and deliver your bags directly to the airline.

It also might be worth the $20 per person to have Princess do the EZ Check (assuming it's available for your port/airline). $20 they check you in, give you your boarding passes, and deliver your bags directly to the airline.

How about San Francisco ? I heard they don't have EZ check at that port. Can anyone confirm , one way or another? If they do, it is worth it, IMO.

Edited by bananawindnj