Lotus Spa Question

custompcsys

We will be leaving on the Emerald next Saturday from Barcelona for her TA to Ft. Lauderdale, but we are actually flying out tomorrow to spend a few days in Spain pre-cruise. The DW went out today to get her pre-cruise mani/pedi and about 20 min later I get a text telling me both the places she uses, which are normally open Sundays, are closed! (gasp! :eek:). Because of our schedule we won't have time for her to go tomorrow, so to keep the peace (and my sanity :rolleyes:) I told her to make an appointment at the spa when she gets on board get it done there.

While to me it's well worth the investment for 2 weeks of peace and quiet, she says it will pain her to pay that much more money to have it done on board. I know it will be more than on land but I can't believe it will be THAT much more. Can anyone give me an idea about how much it will be for her to have her nails done? I went on the personalizer and it wont let you book within 7 days of the sail date. And yes I realize part of the price will be the product hard sell :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I can't help on price, but do want to comment that the spa onboard offers discounts off and on through the cruise, including something like 50% off on port days which include departure day.

Port days will always be cheaper for the spa and they typically run specials. When you board go up to the spa as they will have the most availability when you board vs a few days into the cruise giving you some flexibility when you cruise.

As a side note, while expensive, DW and I are firm believers in that you get what you pay for and have always enjoyed our massage/acupuncture treatments so I would hope the other side of the spa would be just as good. Just be prepared for the sales pitch as you will invariably "need to use" some kind product going forward. A simple no thank you has always worked for us in the past.

Thanks :) And thanks to everyone for the reminder about port day discounts.

Just returned from a TA on the Caribbean Princess

On the last day there are two charges on my final statement from the Lotus Spa Beauty Salon Service

Item 113 for $40.25

Item 108 for $57.50

Don't ask me what they were for because I never asked her

Probably nails and hair?

Just show your cruise card and be surprised when you receive your statement

At least when charged on the Princess Visa card you get additional benefits:)

Howard

Not a Nail/Hair question...

Is the Enclave (spell that right?) the equivalent of the "Thermal Spa" on Carnival? Meaning, can you pay for Enclave access for the entire cruise which would allow you use of the Hot Tub, Steam/Sauna Rooms, Heated Lounge Chairs and everything else?

And if so, is this something we need to book as early as possible since they (maybe) only sell a limited number of passes?

We were going to book a couples massage but then thought for the price, we might be able to get access to the Enclave for the entire week.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks

Not a Nail/Hair question...

Is the Enclave (spell that right?) the equivalent of the "Thermal Spa" on Carnival? Meaning, can you pay for Enclave access for the entire cruise which would allow you use of the Hot Tub, Steam/Sauna Rooms, Heated Lounge Chairs and everything else?

And if so, is this something we need to book as early as possible since they (maybe) only sell a limited number of passes?

We were going to book a couples massage but then thought for the price, we might be able to get access to the Enclave for the entire week.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks

Yes, that's what the Enclave is, only available on Royal class ship, purchased for entire week, purchased on boarding - first come first served. Something like $199 for the week or similar..

The Enclave also has the Hydro-therapy pool along with the saunas, steam rooms & heated tile beds. Ships like the Emerald & Caribbean Princess have thermal suites, which have everything but the hydro pool.

My understanding is that Enclave passes go fast, so I would make it an early stop.

We will be leaving on the Emerald next Saturday from Barcelona for her TA to Ft. Lauderdale, but we are actually flying out tomorrow to spend a few days in Spain pre-cruise. The DW went out today to get her pre-cruise mani/pedi and about 20 min later I get a text telling me both the places she uses, which are normally open Sundays, are closed! (gasp! :eek:). Because of our schedule we won't have time for her to go tomorrow, so to keep the peace (and my sanity :rolleyes:) I told her to make an appointment at the spa when she gets on board get it done there.

While to me it's well worth the investment for 2 weeks of peace and quiet, she says it will pain her to pay that much more money to have it done on board. I know it will be more than on land but I can't believe it will be THAT much more. Can anyone give me an idea about how much it will be for her to have her nails done? I went on the personalizer and it wont let you book within 7 days of the sail date. And yes I realize part of the price will be the product hard sell :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Leave her home and take someone else!:D;) LOL

It usually costs $55 for mani and $75 for pedi. They also have specials during the cruise. Bottom line is that it will be more than what it costs on land. It's a nice relaxing experience.

I have done a few ice and fire mani/pedis on Princess and rarely receive a sales pitch. More often they lecture me on how to maintain my nails (I don't get regular mani-pedis; it is a vacation treat). I don't think they sell a lot of nail stuff.

For massages/body treatments, when I am filling out the form as I check in, I write in big letters across the bottom: NO SALES PITCH. The treatment person definitely sees that. If they pitch me anyway (which rarely happens) then I adjust the gratuity accordingly for disrespecting my wishes.

• 9 months later...

Last time we were on the Emerald (last year) my wife had her nails done at the Lotus Spa. She booked the service on board. She prefers Acrylic nails, and was very satisfied with the service. We are booked next year again on the Emerald (Sydney to LA), and are trying to book in advance through the cruise personaliser for the Lotus Spa the same service. When we go into cruise personaliser for Onboard Services, and select the Lotus Spa, we are offered the "Basic Manicure". which takes 30 minutes. Any one knows that an acrylic fill nail and polish is more like 2 hours. There seems to be no other options. HELP.

Last time we were on the Emerald (last year) my wife had her nails done at the Lotus Spa. She booked the service on board. She prefers Acrylic nails, and was very satisfied with the service. We are booked next year again on the Emerald (Sydney to LA), and are trying to book in advance through the cruise personaliser for the Lotus Spa the same service. When we go into cruise personaliser for Onboard Services, and select the Lotus Spa, we are offered the "Basic Manicure". which takes 30 minutes. Any one knows that an acrylic fill nail and polish is more like 2 hours. There seems to be no other options. HELP.

One other option: Book when you get on board the ship.