Decorating Stateroom Doors

......I guess that now kids are taught "Common Core" reading and math in school now-a-days I guess those kids can't recognize numerals on the cabin doors.....much like the cave men scratching symbols on cave walls, this now will be the norm of communications.......I'm thinking about decorating my plane seat on my next flight....what do you think?????:eek:

Well...we TRIED! Some knucklehead kept moving our university's team mascot magnet all over the place. I was irritated and by the third day we gave up & took it down.

Maybe someone was just having some innocent fun. At least it was not stolen.

I think the door decorating idea is cute. But then I am a retired elementary librarian who loved to do bulletin boards.

I am going to Alaska in June. What theme could I use?

Maybe someone was just having some innocent fun. At least it was not stolen.

I think the door decorating idea is cute. But then I am a retired elementary librarian who loved to do bulletin boards.

I am going to Alaska in June. What theme could I use?

I guess I would not use 'icebergs'....but maybe penquins.

I've always thought that door decorations were silly, but with a family cruise booked entailing five cabins and an equal number of grandkids, I'm starting to rethink the issue. I'm trying to think of something tasteful that won't attract the attention of pranksters but would be visible for those looking for it.

We usually sail over Halloween (we get back on Halloween this year :mad:), so we buy a Halloween door covering from the Dollar store and tape it on our door. It makes it so very to find the room when traveling down the endless corridors.

They will still have a Halloween party onboard for you to enjoy.

I put a small photo of us on the door. It is in a magnetic frame that you can buy in the craft stores. I do it because my other half doesn't always pay attention to the door numbers.

So this way he can just find the picture. Plus the stewards seem to like it as they know where we belong. Never had anyone steal it or mess around with it.

We toss up magnetic Scrabble letters. Each day we start a phrase and our neighbors add to it, etc. It becomes interactive, fun, and quite entertaining. We'll be sailing over Halloween in a few weeks and the Indy embarks on the DW's birthday so we'll have a few Halloween something's from the $$ store up as well.

Our third cruise was on Disney and Disney cruisers tend to go all out with door decorations and fish extenders (places for people to leave notes or knick knacks). Ever since I have been making one magnetic sign per door (even when it's just the hubby and I on the ship with no kids-as others have said it helps us easily find our room). I include the ship, the dates, and the stops. All of the magnets I made are now on the refrigerator out in the garage for us to remember every time we go in the fridge to grab something.

I'm cruising next month for my honeymoon, and I ordered an 8x12 "Just Married" magnet on Vistaprint- both to decorate our car with on our drive to the port, and to put on our cabin door. We're the kind of outgoing people that like the public recognition haha. It will also be my birthday during the cruise- I hope my husband-to-be gets the servers in the MDR to make a big deal about it :)

I've always thought that door decorations were silly, but with a family cruise booked entailing five cabins and an equal number of grandkids, I'm starting to rethink the issue. I'm trying to think of something tasteful that won't attract the attention of pranksters but would be visible for those looking for it.

We usually end up with about 4 cabins and take write on/wipe off magnetic boards (that are used in high school lockers and can be purchased for a dollar at the Dollar Stores). We leave each other notes about where we are during the day. As it turns out, people we don't even know start leaving us notes too. By the end of the cruise, it gets to be quite fun!

We usually end up with about 4 cabins and take write on/wipe off magnetic boards (that are used in high school lockers and can be purchased for a dollar at the Dollar Stores). We leave each other notes about where we are during the day. As it turns out, people we don't even know start leaving us notes too. By the end of the cruise, it gets to be quite fun!

Good thing I've never cruised on April 1st, the temptation might be too much.

Interesting idea. And if DW and I want some alone time together, we can wipe the slate clean and blame it on vandals! :)