"Some amazing changes coming to Celebrity fleet" announcement mid-week this week!

days@sea

Has anyone but me actually been up there to that barren, wasted, ugly space that needs this?

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

I can't remember last time I was up there. Maybe in 2005?? I've been on deck 12 forward for sail away going under the Verranzo-Narrows Bridge, but have no need to go up to the sports deck.

I was able to book aft AQ cabins on Infinity for two cruises next year.

E-mail this am from Celebrity explaining their big changes for deck 12 aft on Infinity and Summit. Cabanas during the day and a movie screen at night with a new sound system....

What will this do to the privacy and enjoyment of the 5 AQ aft cabins on deck 11? And the noise increase for all deck 11 cabins?

They said food would be available (for an additional price) in the cabanas, and I'm guessing they will charge for the cabanas, All about $$$$$

Don't know whether to cancel cruises or try to change cabins, we don't want to be in a fish bowl.

I posted this earlier today on another thread. Thought I'd add my two cents here....

Did you look up when you were on the balcony? Deck 12 Sun deck is a very public area where I saw loungers and also people at the railing watching the wake (over the Deck 11 aft cabins). The walkers/joggers also go up/down the stairs from deck 11 on both sides to do their full laps. That public access was a huge concern for everyone when they put in those cabins but no one talks about it now.

As we don't use the pool, the changes to the Solarium and a sitting area on the top deck like the Lawn Club would be a huge plus for us. Just concerned as I don't see any protection from sun or rain. I am not sure the movies would be an attraction but willing to see how we like it. As far as the Special rest. changes, because we are happy with the MDR we rarely use them.

I can't remember last time I was up there. Maybe in 2005?? I've been on deck 12 forward for sail away going under the Verranzo-Narrows Bridge, but have no need to go up to the sports deck.

The space didn't even exist in March 2005. It was created when they added the deck 11 Cabins, before that, it was air.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The space didn't even exist in March 2005. It was created when they added the deck 11 Cabins, before that, it was air.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There was no deck 12 when the M Class ships were built with a sports deck? I'm sure there was a deck 12 with a basketball court I remember the kids playing basketball on our previous cruises.

I thought the new aqua cabins were made out of the fun factory on deck 11 aft?

There was no deck 12 when the M Class ships were built with a sports deck? I'm sure there was a deck 12 with a basketball court I remember the kids playing basketball on our previous cruises.

There was no deck 12 aft. On deck 11, where the Aqua Class cabins are there was a kids club and other recreation space (I don't know, but it didn't have a deck 12 above it aft. Deck 12 was added new, as the roof to the new deck 11 cabins.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Take a look at the old boat in post 242 here.

It will show the kids factory etc. spaces, and that the roof want really a usable space, it had a lot of glass etc.

There was no deck 12 aft. On deck 11, where the Aqua Class cabins are there was a kids club and other recreation space (I don't know, but it didn't have a deck 12 above it aft. Deck 12 was added new, as the roof to the new deck 11 cabins.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I thought they were talking about the area with the baskeball court.

Exactly, remember the Luminae Build ended up in the complete opposite locations of the MDR than was initially stated and documented in the Suite Perks FAQ.

And remember how the announcement about Luminae created such a tempest in a teapot:

"The decorations look awful! (gasp!)

...the chairs are ugly!(oh my!)

...the menu looks terrible!(gag!)

...the meanies at Celebrity hate me!(boo-hoo!)

...they are taking space away from us common folk in the MDR!(i'm going to faint!)

...Celebrity is making too much money! (Huh? Do you really want to sail with a line that is not making a profit?!)

...I'm gonna cancel my reservations and switch to: insert alternative cruise line here..."(go ahead)

The Celebrity people who monitor this forum must want to pull their hair out. Or just laugh.

I thought they were talking about the area with the baskeball court.

That area is TINY. There is an entire, new, completely wasted space (except for some random lounge chairs with no pads) up on deck 12 aft, above those cabins.

Here is a picture I took in Santorini, of the same space on Constellation, where I believe (and would bet) the Terrace is going to go.

21437430883_f5c0275e7b_k.jpg

I've been up there many times and thought, wow, what wasted space, they could do so much with it and make it like S-Class.

It makes total sense to me!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Here is where they ran "the show" when we were on the Summit this past May

The arrow points to the screen and starts where I was standing when I took it (about) looking starboard to port

5b68u0.jpg

Here's what it looked like

1zqavbk.jpg

Here's the artists rendition, taken from the port side looking starboard

infinity-summit-refresh-460x256.jpg

The Celebrity people who monitor this forum must want to pull their hair out. Or just laugh.

I have corresponded with a couple of them who monitor this site offline. They get lots of laughs from this forum for sure.

And remember how the announcement about Luminae created such a tempest in a teapot:

"The decorations look awful! (gasp!)

...the chairs are ugly!(oh my!)

...the menu looks terrible!(gag!)

...the meanies at Celebrity hate me!(boo-hoo!)

...they are taking space away from us common folk in the MDR!(i'm going to faint!)

...Celebrity is making too much money! (Huh? Do you really want to sail with a line that is not making a profit?!)

...I'm gonna cancel my reservations and switch to: insert alternative cruise line here..."(go ahead)

I hear you, the MUTS thing "X" style IMHO sucks and I was there when they test fired it up.

I just prefer Celebrity over Princess with whom I used to cruise several times a year (still like them too)

Edited by A Sixth?

I have corresponded with a couple of them who monitor this site offline. They get lots of laughs from this forum for sure.

What's their reaction when you bring up the never-ending website issues?? !! :eek::D:eek:

Here is where they ran "the show" when we were on the Summit this past May

The arrow points to the screen and starts where I was standing when I took it (about) looking starboard to port

5b68u0.jpg

Here's what it looked like

1zqavbk.jpg

Here's the artists rendition, taken from the port side looking starboard

infinity-summit-refresh-460x256.jpg

Totally agree. Except they're mounting the bottom of the new screen at the top of where the temporary screen was.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What's their reaction when you bring up the never-ending website issues?? !! :eek::D:eek:

Your timing couldn't be better. :-)

Just yesterday, we were asked to start accumulating a single list of the most common website issues we get from customers.

I have been posting many. We have a single form on a GoogleDocs that we are all adding the issues to as we come across them. I've listed half a dozen issues or so far.....

• Not showing taxes till last step of booking
  • Adding gratuities to the bill even if one picked free gratuities or at least make a note it will be removed so people don't freak
  • the Jr. fiasco
  • Adjust BBB pricing display so it only offers perks that are financially helpful to the customer
  • Make it easier to "go back" in a reservation process to the start without losing it all
  • Display ALL open cabins, not just 5, so people can seek connecting cabins easier
  • Make Luggage tag ordering simpler, like add a check box as part of OLCI to mail them automatically if one wants them, don't require a visit back

If you have a pet peeve or 2, email them to me, happy to add them if not already there. But we do need specifics, and links to failed pages etc. are most helpful.

This is way off, first, if your read the entire thread, you'll see from the last pic you posted, that is an OLD pic and there are now two more "golf balls further aft" for 6 total.

I took this two days ago of Summit in Portland, ME (well, almost):

Whoever made that deck plan is just guessing, but it is a really bad guess and a bad rumor.

The area you show in the chart is the area where the funnel is, and unlikely to become the terrace. The terrace is likely to be the wasted space behind the funnel on deck 12.

Has anyone but me actually been up there to that barren, wasted, ugly space that needs this?

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

I already admitted that I was wrong in post #317. Do I need to admit it again and again? :D ;) :)

Edited by SantaFeFan

Cle....It's actually sad that you've even been asked....after all "celebrity cruises" has been with us for well over a year. This is just another case of one hand in celebrity hasn't a clue about the other. If Celebrity Cruises can't summarize the issues, they need a new job. BTW...You should probably start another thread...but here are a few....

If you want adds....

How about showing actual pre-cruise visa requirements on asian cruise...not on site anywhere. (are visa's issued on the ship?)

How about the "call celebrity three times with a question and see if you get the same answer even twice."

How about having to reserve each night of select dining starting from scratch. Related...how about only being able to reserve for 4 people when you have a party of 6?

How about showing fares on the celebrity site, only to be told they are "special travel agency fares so we don't have to honor them on a price adjustment"

A favorite...how about showing that aqua class includes all concierge class perks.

should I go on.....

Edited by ghstudio

Cle....It's actually sad that you've even been asked....after all "celebrity cruises" has been with us for well over a year. This is just another case of one hand in celebrity hasn't a clue about the other. If Celebrity Cruises can't summarize the issues, they need a new job. BTW...You should probably start another thread...but here are a few....

If you want adds....

How about showing actual pre-cruise visa requirements on asian cruise...not on site anywhere. (are visa's issued on the ship?)

How about the "call celebrity three times with a question and see if you get the same answer even twice."

How about having to reserve each night of select dining starting from scratch. Related...how about only being able to reserve for 4 people when you have a party of 6?

How about showing fares on the celebrity site, only to be told they are "special travel agency fares so we don't have to honor them on a price adjustment"

A favorite...how about showing that aqua class includes all concierge class perks.

should I go on.....

If you have a list with real links I need them emailed. I would need a Link to the pages you have issues, with. Also, only website related, can't help with phone center issues.

I don't see it as sad, at all, perhaps Celebrity just finds these threads to be full of information that is almost useful. This is why I need a link to a problem page to add. We are giving very specific details.

One thing I did add is making sure special fares have their restrictions more clearly articulated so folks know if they will lose perks etc for changes.

cle....you and I are both regulars here and on cruises.

Obviously there is no way to link to a significant lack of information on visas for asian cruises....the complaint is that it doesn't exist. BTW, this is what triggered the call celebrity 3 times item...because you will get three different answers if you call asking about visas for vietnam, etc.

The reserve select dining issue is obvious if you go to reserve select dining and try to just book a reservation for the first and second day of the cruise. Do you really need a link to the page where you do a reservation for select dining?.

Do you really need a link to the aqua class perks page that doesn't just say "includes all of the concierge class perks PLUS"?

Come on...you're beginning to sound like celebrity :)

Edited by ghstudio

curt....you and I are both regulars here and on cruises.

Obviously there is no way to link to a significant lack of information on visas for asian cruises....the complaint is that it doesn't exist.

The reserve select dining issue is obvious if you go to reserve select dining and try to just book a reservation for the first and second day of the cruise. Do you really need a link to the page where you do a reservation for select dining?.

Do you really need a link to the aqua class perks page that doesn't just say "includes all of the concierge class perks PLUS"?

Come on...you're beginning to sound like celebrity :)

we are trying to give them a list good enough they can go right there and knock it out. Links are needed.

As we guide thru bookings we stumble across the anomalies, so we document as we go as we incur them, copying and pasting URL's and bad text as appropriate.

I added the Asian visa issues already ;-) as I've had lot of problems with it - I already had the link to the page that has the bad info. the official policy is to use VISA Central to organize the VISA as per the Before you Go - Getting Prepared section of the site. The list they provide via link in the X FAQ does have procedures for China and Vietnam, and detailed information for multiple countries in fact, but no Japan, but again, it says to contact VISA Central for all VISA processing, giving account numbers and contacts for several countries. So this is a problem, knowing that Vietnam, the ship provides visa for example.

Don't hate the messenger, I'm, trying to help here, just need what I need to do it. :-) I also don't want to keep popping here and copying and pasting, I want it in email so I can flag it and handle several at once.

I have never tried to reserve specific dining times, so that issue with select is new to me, I have no idea where I go to do that for example other than during the reservation process. If I had a customer ask me, I would chat up one of my other chat colleagues for an assist or reply with my stock "we are not Celebrity staff, but rather avid cruisers with a passion for our favorite cruise line, Celebrity"

Another reason for wanting specific links, is that the same information is found in multiple places on the site, and updating 1 doesn't do the other. So maybe you tell me to go to the aqua page, and the one I go to is already proper, and I'm not seeing the missing info you see on another page. We've stumbled across 3 completely unrelated Shore Excursions planners for example, only 1 of them is functional. It's odd that there are 3 of them one can find with a search, but only 1 works. So we've asked to fix or remove the bad pages, as an example.

Edited by cle-guy

we are hijacking this thread...but:

1) if you go to celebritycruises.com and search for aqua class you get a useless list of pages...which don't include any description of aqua class at all.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/siteSearchResults?query=aqua+class&Search=

2)http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-aqua-class-stateroom

compare the amenities...obviously Aqua doesn't get the welcome bottle of champagne or the afternoon savories...etc.

3)for select dining reservations:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruiseplanner/category/2011/booking/dynamicdining

Cle-guy, here's an example of something that happens a lot when trying to book a solo cruise on Celebrity's website: there are "no verandas available" when you try to book for 1 person in the room, but if you change to 2 people in the room amazingly plenty of veranda cabins are available.

Here's an example that I just experienced:

Booking for 2, http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruises/cruise-package-RF07W178?packageid=RF07W178&dest=CARIB&shipCode=RF&shipName=Celebrity%20Reflection&sailDate=1151205&cabincls=BALCONY&promoType=80

Go in and change to just 1 adult in the room and there are no verandas available. Sorry, I tried to give you links but the links don't save for the actual # of people in room etc. selections. At least you have the date and cabin type and ship there.

Or, if they DO admit they have veranda rooms available, the price is more than twice the per-person price if you had booked for 2. (Sorry, not going to play around with the site until I find an example of that, but it happens often.) I find it hard to believe this is all intentional on Celebrity's part. Maybe it is, but it seems a shame that they don't want my business if I'm sailing solo and don't want to be relegated to an inside cabin.

Edited by bottomfeeder