"Some amazing changes coming to Celebrity fleet" announcement mid-week this week!

days@sea

TO me the idea seems to be more about providing a lounge gathering space that will also be showing movies. It seems a more interactive space and not a go sit in a dark silent room and watch a movie.

I honestly don't think the sound levels will be much higher than the current background music being played.

The design is certainly not meant to provide a "cinematic" viewing experience.

[quote name='SantaFeFan']It appears that the rooftop terrace will be one deck higher than the sun deck, which is directly above the deck 11 cabins. This would make it two decks higher than those cabins. Here is the floor plan for Summit's sun deck. The area marked is higher than that deck.

[IMG]http://members.trainorders.com/4thdistrict/Cruising/rooftop%20terrace.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

TO me, it looks like they are building this space not center but only on the port (bottom side of the above image) side of some obstruction - which appears to be the wall the TV hangs on. The drawing does not appear large enough to be covering the entire (or even half) width of the deck. Edited by cle-guy

[quote name='cle-guy']It's funny to me, that there are a bunch of people about to literally jump ship over the fact that the deck 11 AQ cabins may be noisy, it's the only reason they booked etc.

Also funny that somehow the noise form the live music played at the aft bar isn't bothersome, yet the noise from a movie upstairs is going to be ear shattering and cause rumbling vibrations that will explode their bottle of cheap X 'champagne'.

Or somehow the activities on the sports courts now aren't causing any grief (including the movies they run on occasion), but the activities being planned up top now somehow will.

Those cabins are only like 3 years old...they haven't been a traditional staple since the ship was put into service in the 2000's.[/QUOTE]

Say what? I never seen any loud live entertainment at the Oceanview bar at 11pm.

BTW the artist rendering shows it at the aft not sports foredeck area. Edited by A Sixth?

[quote name='A Sixth?']Say what? I never seen any loud live entertainment at the Oceanview bar at 11pm.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't believe I have seen any LOUD entertainment back there, before or after 11 PM. Most of the times I cannot even hear the entertainers over the people talking, eating, etc.

[quote name='CruisingChick']I agree. I don't believe I have seen any LOUD entertainment back there, before or after 11 PM. Most of the times I cannot even hear the entertainers over the people talking, eating, etc.[/QUOTE]

LOL I have heard the noise from my wife slurping up the "cheap" sparkling wine now and then.... :p

(cle-guy you of all people should know the difference between even cheap Champagne and a fair sparkling wine. Don't make me report you to the Comité Champagne (Comité interprofessionnel du vin de Champagne).

Nobody expects a French inquisition! :eek::D

[IMG]http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/0/05/NOBODY_EXPECTS_THE_SPANISH_INQUISITION!.jpg[/IMG]
(French Spanish they all worked the same deal)

[quote name='cle-guy']It's funny to me, that there are a bunch of people about to literally jump ship over the fact that the deck 11 AQ cabins may be noisy, it's the only reason they booked etc.

Also funny that somehow the noise form the live music played at the aft bar isn't bothersome, yet the noise from a movie upstairs is going to be ear shattering and cause rumbling vibrations that will explode their bottle of cheap X 'champagne'.

Or somehow the activities on the sports courts now aren't causing any grief (including the movies they run on occasion), but the activities being planned up top now somehow will.

Those cabins are only like 3 years old...they haven't been a traditional staple since the ship was put into service in the 2000's.[/QUOTE]

Agree
We had an aft A1 on the Summit last cruise said no more of that because of music from bar below and hot on the balcony. Booked A2 for the upcoming Infinity.

[quote name='need2bespoiled']Heck yes! The only thing that could make it better? Including it in the Unlimited specialty Dining packages for upper end suites.

I look at it like this, there seem to be some people who feel:

Change = bad
Status quo = good
Good old days = best

Of course not all change is good, but since no one has seen these changes yet, it is hard to judge. It seems to me, they're taking an ugly, underutilized space, and ADDING something all cruisers can use. I've been up there for a chef's table, and to lay in the sun to escape a crazy pool deck. I prefer the option for more free amenities (MUTS), more public space, with potentially great sea views and a new venue including another dining venue (even if it is pay/a la carte). I know there are 43 cabins up there and 86+ people who may be impacted with some noise, but that is still TBA and the rest will be minimal to no impact to other cruisers. The screen is on the very aft end of the ship and doesn't look quite as large as the ones by the pool, with most seating closer to the screen (allowing lower volume). With all the soft material they seem to be adding up there, sound may be less of an issue

Happy sailing,
Jenna[/QUOTE]

IMO you are both "right one." Amazing that someone would cancel a cruise without fully understanding the impact which is likely to be have no negative impact IMO. Of course we will not really know for sure until next year. I guess there is just a general lack of "trust" in the people making the changes and probably a built in resistance to most changes. Overall I feel that Celebrity continues to improve the overall experience for me, the attraction of new cruisers, and the shareholders return on investment. Of course the days of cruising in an inexpensive inside cabin and enjoying all the features on a cruise ship are long gone.

[quote name='A Sixth?']

(cle-guy you of all people should know the difference between even cheap Champagne and a fair sparkling wine. Don't make me report you to the Comité Champagne (Comité interprofessionnel du vin de Champagne).[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but you missed that I used quotes, and did not capitalize the 'C' in Champagne! ;)

I had to take a wine class in college, any my professor harped on how awful we stupid americans are with our disrespect of the traditions of france!

Will this be on both sides of the ship ? We are booked port side AQ 1. I will wait and hear reports back from Infinity. I am a light sleeper so I will cancel if too loud. We are traveling with another couple in the next cabin and they will cancel too. CC, AQ and Suites are already sold out. The few West Coast departures are always $$$. I have no problem with daytime noise, it`s the evenings that would bother me.

[quote name='upwarduk']The OP in this thread has had an email from Celebrity:
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2267609[/url][/QUOTE]

I also got an email.

Here's a link to the message:

[url]http://view.email.celebritycruises.com/?j=fe5916707c610178711c&m=fe741570746504797615&ls=fdfc1d747660067f75147876&l=fe9a17747565037977&s=fe2c1674736c027c701572&jb=ff3115747c64&ju=fe2610727d630c7b771771&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20955548&rid=246861512&mes=Celebrity%20Insider%20Refresh%20IN%20and%20SM%20Oct%202015%20EM&emsc=CELMASSPLAY00EM&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=VWSPLASH&r=0[/url]

[quote name='cle-guy']ahh, but you missed that i used quotes, and did not capitalize the 'c' in champagne! ;)

i had to take a wine class in college, any my professor harped on how awful we stupid americans are with our disrespect of the traditions of france![/quote]

lol!!!! :d Edited by A Sixth?

[quote name='need2bespoiled']
I look at it like this, there seem to be some people who feel:

Change = bad
Status quo = good
Good old days = best

Of course not all change is good, but since no one has seen these changes yet, it is hard to judge. It seems to me, they're taking an ugly, underutilized space, and ADDING something all cruisers can use. I've been up there for a chef's table, and to lay in the sun to escape a crazy pool deck. I prefer the option for more free amenities (MUTS), more public space, with potentially great sea views and a new venue including another dining venue (even if it is pay/a la carte). I know there are 43 cabins up there and 86+ people who may be impacted with some noise, but that is still TBA and the rest will be minimal to no impact to other cruisers. The screen is on the very aft end of the ship and doesn't look quite as large as the ones by the pool, with most seating closer to the screen (allowing lower volume). With all the soft material they seem to be adding up there, sound may be less of an issue

Happy sailing,
Jenna[/QUOTE]

YES!!!

YES Again.....

Why is it that new things are nearly ALWAYS met with such resistance???:rolleyes:

[quote name='cle-guy']I also got an email.

Here's a link to the message:

[url]http://view.email.celebritycruises.com/?j=fe5916707c610178711c&m=fe741570746504797615&ls=fdfc1d747660067f75147876&l=fe9a17747565037977&s=fe2c1674736c027c701572&jb=ff3115747c64&ju=fe2610727d630c7b771771&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20955548&rid=246861512&mes=Celebrity%20Insider%20Refresh%20IN%20and%20SM%20Oct%202015%20EM&emsc=CELMASSPLAY00EM&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=VWSPLASH&r=0[/url][/QUOTE]Cute but the old expression "don't quite your day job(s)" seems appropriate .;)

[quote name='upwarduk']The OP in this thread has had an email from Celebrity:
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2267609[/url][/QUOTE]

Yes, but heirs is because they have booked Aqua on Deck 11 aft.

X can continue to change and evolve over time, look for cost saving and revenue generators and keep our cabin fares relatively steady over time.

Alternative, which would be far simpler for them and really easy, just never innovate again keep all as it is now, and as costs increase, just raise cabin fares to cover the extra costs. No need to analyze, think or do anything, If costs go up 3 million, raise cabin fares by 3 million. easy peasy.

I imagine we'd be in for a bit of sticker shock within 3 years or so, which would then cause the rumblings of X has priced itself outside of reality, they are pricing themselves like a white glove tip end cruise line.... Edited by cle-guy

[quote name='A Sixth?']

That area would be a better spot IMHO but the test runs were all run over the deck 11 A1s and at the Oceanview bar end of the ship.

Further the artist rendering shows in at the stern where the four spheres pods are

[IMG]http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/images/cel_whats_new/infinity-summit-refresh-460x256.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote name='cle-guy']TO me, it looks like they are building this space not center but only on the port (bottom side of the above image) side of some obstruction - which appears to be the wall the TV hangs on. The drawing does not appear large enough to be covering the entire (or even half) width of the deck.[/QUOTE]

After reading the e-mail link provided by cle-guy in post #311 which says "The Rooftop Terrace will be on the 12th deck of the ship, at the aft end.", and looking at more recent photos of summit than the one I had posted earlier, I think you are correct and I am not. Edited by SantaFeFan

[quote name='SantaFeFan']
Of course, this idea is based on just a rendering, and that rendering may not be 100% accurate - or barely, in fact. But from the information provided so far, the raised area above the sun deck seem to me to be the most logical area.

We will all have to wait and see. :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly, remember the Luminae Build ended up in the complete opposite locations of the MDR than was initially stated and documented in the Suite Perks FAQ.

[quote name='cle-guy']The part of the MUTS no one has acknowledged, is this is also being touted as a new dining venue.

I love the idea that they finally have an outdoor al-fesco dining space available (besides buffet), even if it will only be snacks and sandwiches and lighter fare (assume the case since no real dining tables there, just long areas and small tables).[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if you will be allowed in the area to watch the movies if you are not eating? Will it be an additional pay dining facility with the attraction of watching the film i.e. no admittance if you're not eating (which is where they will generate further income)? Or possibly more like the Gastro Bar i.e. food available, but you can still sit and just drink (btw, I've never seen anyone eating there)?

I'm wondering if you will be allowed in the area to watch the movies if you are not eating? Will it be an additional pay dining facility with the attraction of watching the film i.e. no admittance if you're not eating (which is where they will generate further income)? Or possibly more like the Gastro Bar i.e. food available, but you can still sit and just drink (btw, I've never seen anyone eating there)?

My guess is it won't be a door cover charge like The Porch or lawn Club Grill, but rather work more like GastroBar does, anyone can use the space, and just call a bartender or server over to order if you want to.

It appears that the rooftop terrace will be one deck higher than the sun deck, which is directly above the deck 11 cabins. This would make it two decks higher than those cabins. Here is the floor plan for Summit's sun deck. The area marked is higher than that deck.

rooftop%20terrace.jpg

This is way off, first, if your read the entire thread, you'll see from the last pic you posted, that is an OLD pic and there are now two more "golf balls further aft" for 6 total.

I took this two days ago of Summit in Portland, ME (well, almost):

21856913558_761f87c449_b.jpg

And another:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5836/22044777675_4ca2b340da_b.jpg

Whoever made that deck plan is just guessing, but it is a really bad guess and a bad rumor.

The area you show in the chart is the area where the funnel is, and unlikely to become the terrace. The terrace is likely to be the wasted space behind the funnel on deck 12.

Has anyone but me actually been up there to that barren, wasted, ugly space that needs this?

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

I was able to book aft AQ cabins on Infinity for two cruises next year.

E-mail this am from Celebrity explaining their big changes for deck 12 aft on Infinity and Summit. Cabanas during the day and a movie screen at night with a new sound system....

What will this do to the privacy and enjoyment of the 5 AQ aft cabins on deck 11? And the noise increase for all deck 11 cabins?

They said food would be available (for an additional price) in the cabanas, and I'm guessing they will charge for the cabanas, All about $$$$$

Don't know whether to cancel cruises or try to change cabins, we don't want to be in a fish bowl.

I posted this earlier today on another thread. Thought I'd add my two cents here....