ms Westerdam Sail-Away October 17, 2015

Copper10-8

It's the 2nd edition (1st was just 3 days ago) of the sail away of the undisputed "Queen of the whistles", the 3rd of the Vista-class vessels, ms Westerdam. She's scheduled for a 1600 departure (subject to change as always) from Port Everglades' Berth #26.

Upon departure, under Captain Rens van Eerten's leadership, WEDM will be sailing a 7-Day Eastern Carib voyage

10/17/2015 Sat FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

10/18/2015 Sun At Sea

10/19/2015 Mon Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos

10/20/2015 Tue San Juan

10/21/2015 Wed St. Thomas

10/22/2015 Thu At Sea

10/23/2015 Fri Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

10/24/2015 Sat FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/index.php

I will do my very best to be here for sailaway (Fooled you, Autocorrect!:cool:). I usually stay at the hospital until after 1, but I will put my watch on my other wrist to remind me to leave in plenty of time. I don't want to miss any of the fun. It really is a darned nuisance getting old.:eek:

Currently in the terminal waiting to board!! Best sail away is when I'm on the ship!

Hope you have a great cruise. Would you mind checking, please, on what the internet is on board? Last Spring there was a great deal which worked out at under $10 a day, just wondering if they are still doing that.

Unlike Wednesday, Westy is starboard side alongside today. Her staff captain, Geert-Jaap, must have wanted his sailors to do maintenance/wash down on that side. She's going to have to be thrown in reverse all the way to the turning basin on departure today. Backing up with no rear view mirrors ;)

The Westerdam and a Princess ship - lot of toots and the Love Boat Theme - can't get any better than that!!

Sadly, only the Royal Princess and Regal Princess have the musical horns.

Thanks for posting this Copper. It's how we know what we're looking at out our window. (Seriously.) The itinerary is a nice touch, too.

Lots of wild donkeys on Grand Turk Brian! ;) Looks like a bit nicer day compared to yesterday

Unlike Wednesday, Westy is starboard side alongside today. Her staff captain, Geert-Jaap, must have wanted his sailors to do maintenance/wash down on that side. She's going to have to be thrown in reverse all the way to the turning basin on departure today. Backing up with no rear view mirrors ;)

:eek::eek::eek: good thing it ain't me.