Has Anyone Sailed On Oasis or Allure At Full Capacity "Sold Out"

TooDamFine

Hi there. Has anyone sailed on Oasis or Allure when it was at full capacity. If so, was it crowed were there waiting time for dining and other activities on the ship. Was your trip still enjoyable? I am cruising11/29-12/06/2015 on Allure of the Seas :):D;)

Edited by TooDamFine
Typo

I don't know what OA's guest numbers were last week, but I'm guessing they were pretty high. The crowding and lines were much worse than the week we did on AL back in 2011.

What's odd is that both cruises were over Halloween, so it's difficult to blame the holiday. I was also thinking that the extra cabins they've added to her might be part of the problem. I was missing the Radiance and Vision Class ships to be sure.

Edited by DarthGrady

Hi there. Has anyone sailed on Oasis or Allure when it was at full capacity. If so, was it crowed were there waiting time for dining and other activities on the ship. Was your trip still enjoyable? I am cruising11/29-12/06/2015 on Allure of the Seas :):D;)

Back when Oasis was brand new and had 2 broken lifeboats, I cruised with something like 5400 passengers. My next Oasis cruise, there were 6300 passengers. It felt the same to me. Windjammer was a mess, but the rest of the ship was like any other cruise.

It's always sold out! With a little preparation, I've never felt crowded in 14 days on Allure. If you are a sheep who follows the masses maybe you will feel crowded. (That was meant for traffic.) If you know how to avoid certain areas at certain times its a great week. We don't do MTD, so there is no waiting for dinner for us. If you wait till the last sea day to try the flowrider or the zip line, yes it will be crowded. We avoid parades on the promenade, though with planning you can make that more bearable.

Edited by BillOh

Been on both, never waited for dinner. Never waited for breakfast (If you know where the eat such as Johnny Rockets for breakfast). Never waited for shows. (make reservations). Getting on and off the ship, always was just as fast as any other ship. Lunch on boarding day - no lines or wait, because you just need to go to the alternative buffet in the solarium. It all works fine if you stay away from the windjammer.:D

I don't know what OA's guest numbers were last week, but I'm guessing they were pretty high. The crowding and lines were much worse than the week we did on AL back in 2011.

What's odd is that both cruises were over Halloween, so it's difficult to blame the holiday. I was also thinking that the extra cabins they've added to her might be part of the problem. I was missing the Radiance and Vision Class ships to be sure.

The Captain announced that the guest total last week was 5837

Been on both, never waited for dinner. Never waited for breakfast (If you know where the eat such as Johnny Rockets for breakfast). Never waited for shows. (make reservations). Getting on and off the ship, always was just as fast as any other ship. Lunch on boarding day - no lines or wait, because you just need to go to the alternative buffet in the solarium. It all works fine if you stay away from the windjammer.:D

That is a fact!

We were talking to a staff member on our October 10th Oasis who said that they were at capacity almost every week while Allure was in Europe. She actually admitted it caught them off guard. I never noticed a difference from our other Oasis Class cruises. As long as we stayed away from the Windjammer we were fine. I'll admit they have us pretty well trained to avoid peak times in any food venue but our routine is no different on any other class of ships or cruise lines.

Last week.

Too big.

Public areas too small.

Too crowded.

Long lines,

Snarly passengers and crew.

Run away. As fast as you can.

Never again.

I agree with the public areas too small and the snarly passengers and crew. And would like to add,

Completely disorganized express departure

We were on this sailing as well. We didn't like the layout of Oasis. I prefer the Freedom class. I wouldn't say never again, but it would take a heck of a deal to get me back on an Oasis class ship.

Edited by depplep

We have sailed over March Break the last two years on Allure, and I'm pretty sure the ship was sold out. We didn't find it too crowded at all. Just make sure you have all your reservations for the shows pre booked, we had early dining so we never encountered a wait for dinner. 90% of the time we just walked up to a bar and got service right away. Just try to avoid the elevators when getting out after a show, maybe walk up one or two decks.

I think the reason the two night sailing felt so busy was because most people wanted to do and see everything in the little time they had. Probably a lot less lounging on that sailing.

Enjoy your cruise! You'll have a great time!

As others have said the Oasis/Allure usually sail pretty much full.

If you plan your day you can avoid most of the crowds. Make sure to have your reservations made, you can always change them if you find they don't fit your schedule.

Check the boards by the elevators to see how full the various eateries are. If you see the one you were looking at is red, try another. You can find a place to get in and out fairly quickly.

Avoid elevators right after a show. Take a walk through the promenade or central park and go to the aft elevators instead of jumping on the ones right outside the theater.

We have done Allure twice with a pretty full ship and were able to avoid most of the crowds.

I have sailed Allure and Oasis about 14 times. They are always sold out or perhaps a few rooms empty. It never really feels crowded to me.

The flow of people is somewhat unpredictable. As such, some venues are at capacity. The secret is to get there about 15-20 minutes early and walk right in.

Some venues are popular on one sailing and those same venues sit empty on the next. It is interesting how different age groups and different cultures have different interests.

I have never had a bad time on Oasis class ships. Peaceful and relaxing.

My next sailing is this Saturday.

We sailed Allure in March (spring break) a few years ago, the announced pax count was a little over 6200. Never really felt crowded or waited in a line for anything other than ice show tix! Otherwise it seemed no more crowded than any other cruise. In fact there were times when I wondered where everyone was...just our experience.

I did the 2 night Allure and it was sold out. Lines were unbearable. Line for Windjammer at Breakfast, Line for Park Cafe, Line to get a drink at bar...

Horrible, but it could be cause it was a 2 day.

Oh wow, thanks for your input.

I have sailed 3 times at sold out capacity and a fourth coming up. Never felt crowded to me at all. DO NOT use the opinion of people that have only taken a 2 day cruise... (of course they have a right to their opinion) what I mean is that. In two days everyone was running amuck trying to do everything so of course there would be lines. only 2 dinners and 2 showtimes.... over a standard seven day cruise, I never had any trouble at all doing anything I wanted. and as others have said do your research.

The problem is... on many of the other RCCl ships, the windjammer is where you would go for lunch. If that is what is stuck in your head, you might be very unhappy. The oasis class ships have so many food choices, and televisions everywhere telling you the wait times, if any at the various resteraunts. I promise you, if you want to go and be miserable, you can be. and if you want to go and have a great time, you will.

There will always be something not perfect. It's a floating city with 5,000 new residents every week, there will always be a challenge. Treat people nicely, you just might be suprised the respect you get in return

I have sailed 3 times at sold out capacity and a fourth coming up. Never felt crowded to me at all. DO NOT use the opinion of people that have only taken a 2 day cruise... (of course they have a right to their opinion) what I mean is that. In two days everyone was running amuck trying to do everything so of course there would be lines. only 2 dinners and 2 showtimes.... over a standard seven day cruise, I never had any trouble at all doing anything I wanted. and as others have said do your research.

The problem is... on many of the other RCCl ships, the windjammer is where you would go for lunch. If that is what is stuck in your head, you might be very unhappy. The oasis class ships have so many food choices, and televisions everywhere telling you the wait times, if any at the various resteraunts. I promise you, if you want to go and be miserable, you can be. and if you want to go and have a great time, you will.

There will always be something not perfect. It's a floating city with 5,000 new residents every week, there will always be a challenge. Treat people nicely, you just might be suprised the respect you get in return

👍 Absolutely! 👍 :D:D

Thanks, TheTruthCanHurt... very good suggestion :)

I have cruised Oasis twice before and Allure Nov 2014; however, I wasn’t sure if either was a sold out sailing but it did not feel too crowded to me any of the time I sailed the Oasis class. You have a very good point about the 2-day sailings; everyone is trying to see and experience everything in just two days so there will be congestion. Very good suggestion and points taken. We have scheduled our shows and excursion, so that should give us a little heads up. I plan on having an awesome time. Thanks for your positive feedback.

Thanks, TheTruthCanHurt... very good suggestion :)

I have cruised Oasis twice before and Allure Nov 2014; however, I wasn’t sure if either was a sold out sailing but it did not feel too crowded to me any of the time I sailed the Oasis class. You have a very good point about the 2-day sailings; everyone is trying to see and experience everything in just two days so there will be congestion. Very good suggestion and points taken. We have scheduled our shows and excursion, so that should give us a little heads up. I plan on having an awesome time. Thanks for your positive feedback

It is important to note that everyone's idea of crowded is soo different.

For example. On my oasis sailing in september.. It was sold out....

I did not find it to be crowded at all, except the usual first day windjammer blah blah blah...

Now, I was standing in line at guest services talking to an older woman (probably 70) while I was waiting. She was telling me that she just thought the ship was too big for her and that is seemed much to crowded for her liking and that she would probably go back to smaller ships. ( mind you, she was not complaining, she was very delightful, we were just making conversation) For me.. I thought exactly the opposite.

One other thing that people always complain about is the elevators.

Of course if you get on at deck 12 and are trying to go to decck 4 it's going to stop a lot. It's an elevator.... IT was shocking to me the number of people that would wait 5 minutes for an elevator.. get on at deck 11 and get off at deck 9.; There are these amazing things called STAIRS lol

so, I can only share what I have experienced and I know without a doubt someone will tell me I am wrong. But thats cool. For me, I find the oasis class ships less crowded then my all time favorite ship the liberty of the seas....

rule 1. dont try to be the first person off the ship in port. There will be a line

rule 2. dont try to get to the pier at 10 am then complain that they did not let you on until noon

rule 3. Please be in shape if you are a 65 year old male wearing a speedo(not really a rule, but it just popped into my head) lol

Count me among the positive group. In August, it never felt overly crowded. Just book your shows online in your cruise planner.

The only place we thought was crowded was the Park Cafe, but it is very small. Worth it for the roast beef sandwiches, though. The only place I had to stand in a long line up was to sign the zip line waiver. The line for the zip line itself wasn't too bad, but I got there as soon as it opened.

Other places were no more crowded than any other cruise ship... Eg: Elevators, windjammer, chairs close to the pool.