Pre-Cruise Haven request ignored?

ashlyn1109

My family and I have a haven suite booked for our upcoming cruise. We received our welcome letter/luggage tags in the mail along with an email to send any special request/reservations to. I've sent 3 emails over the past 2 weeks requesting dinner reservations to be made on our behalf without a response, is this normal? I don't think that the reservations have been made as they aren't showing up on our myncl account. Hopefully it just takes a while for them to do the reservations and I'm not just being ignored. Has anyone ever had issues with the pre-cruise concierge team?

I made all my reservations except Tepanyaki I emailed the pre-cruise desk and they answered right away that she had to pass it to the on ship concierge and they would do that one the day of boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should be getting back to you.

Make sure you are including your name, sailing date, ship name, and reservation number in your e-mail.

I've included all of that information :/ maybe there's a better email address to use, what email address did you use?

If all you need are dinner reservations, why not make them yourself? We will be in the Haven in January and made all of our own reservations on day 100. We bought our spa passes as well, booked entertainment etc. We use the preconcierge desk to request the steward to empty our refrigerator, special pillows, etc.

Edited by watchdiva

If all you need are dinner reservations, why not make them yourself? We will be in the Haven in January and made all of our own reservations on day 100. We bought our spa passes as well, booked entertainment etc. We use the preconcierge desk to request the steward to empty our refrigerator, special pillows, etc.

How do you contact the preconcierge desk ? I sail Jan 31 on the breakaway haven spa suite.

I can only give you my experience on the Breakaway in October.

Although I did send a short email with some requests, none were fulfilled.

They did write back to me in a few hours saying they 'took note' of my requests, but that ended up being the only positive -the timely email.

Our entire Haven/Suite was a disappointment from the moment we entered the port.

Hopefully your experience will be much better.

How do you contact the preconcierge desk ? I sail Jan 31 on the breakaway haven spa suite.

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. I wanted to let you know that we are here to do all we can to help get you ready for your best vacation ever. To start, enclosed are your priority luggage tags, so your cruise vacation begins with a smooth embarkation process. To further assist with your pre-cruise preparation and planning, be sure to view your Welcome Aboard Booklet on line at http://ncl.com/welcomethehaven for valuable information and answers to any questions you may have about your cruise.

As a guest of The Haven, you can make special requests and arrange a variety of services and amenities prior to your sailing through our Concierge Desk. Call1.855.625.4283, Monday through Friday, 9:00AM -9:00PM EST, or email NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

I can only give you my experience on the Breakaway in October.

Although I did send a short email with some requests, none were fulfilled.

They did write back to me in a few hours saying they 'took note' of my requests, but that ended up being the only positive -the timely email.

Our entire Haven/Suite was a disappointment from the moment we entered the port.

Hopefully your experience will be much better.

This is exactly what I'm worried about. What types of request did you make?

My family and I have a haven suite booked for our upcoming cruise. We received our welcome letter/luggage tags in the mail along with an email to send any special request/reservations to. I've sent 3 emails over the past 2 weeks requesting dinner reservations to be made on our behalf without a response, is this normal? I don't think that the reservations have been made as they aren't showing up on our myncl account. Hopefully it just takes a while for them to do the reservations and I'm not just being ignored. Has anyone ever had issues with the pre-cruise concierge team?

The best thing to do is to call them on the phone. Call1.855.625.4283, Monday through Friday, 9:00AM - 9:00PM EST

This is exactly what I'm worried about. What types of request did you make?

Please don't worry. I didn't let the experience ruin my cruise.

We had asked to have some extra creamers in the fridge & for it to be cleared out so they could place a couple cans of ginger ale inside, as well as a pitcher of ice tea. I also asked for some tea bags so I could brew my own ice tea.

I asked for the coffee machine to have no flavored coffees & that we used sugar in the raw.

I asked that no seafood be brought as the afternoon snacks -that we'd rather have fruit, cheese & some breads/crackers.

Instead, the fridge was full of everything but the ginger ale & ice tea & creamers.

Most of the coffee was flavored & only white sugar was offered. No tea bags ever came & yes, we received seafood each day.

I left a few notes each day with reminders of what we asked for, but they were ignored.

In the end, it was easy enough to go to the buffet & bring back whatever we wanted (bring some ziploc bags) & I went to a bar to purchase a few cans of ginger ale & got tea bags to brew my own ice tea. I never used the coffee machine.

The Suite/Haven experience was just off for us on this cruise. I'm not sure if the staff was too light for the amount of Suite guests -or what the problem was. Our Butler was the worst. Thankfully we did have a great room steward who did bring me the extra pillows I asked for & always had a smile.

We're now seriously considering a different line & added land vacations for the future. I think I need a break from NCL.

I hope your experience is much better.

Not one of my requests were fulfilled.

I took the advice of someone on these boards and wrote out what I wanted as far as snacks, pillows, coffee, etc, and gave it to the butler the first day.

Excursion and dinner requests I also brought to the attention of the concierge that first day. Neither of them had ever gotten my requests from the pre-concierge team.

The only thing I did not get that I would have liked was a reading wedge pillow. They did have to go searching for non-feather pillows also. It's a good thing I'm allergic but not overly so as far as the pillows go...

I'm beginning to think that the elusive reading wedge doesn't exist! LOL! We've requested one on every cruise we've been in a suite and never received one. They always say they're looking for it. No big deal, but it's kind of become a running gag with us.

Also, they have flavored coffee!? I've never seen these. What flavors did they have? The only choices we've ever had was decaf or regular. Once there were 2 types of regular coffee, but neither was flavored.

First of all, I would always suggest calling the pre-concierge desk, as mentioned here.

Also, don't expect your requests to be done when you walk in the room. The stewards/butlers are really busy that day turning around the ship/giving tours of the Haven. If you leave a note with your requests, they should be taken care of in a timely manner.

We ask for the fridge to be emptied and a few other minor things (most of these actually fall under the steward). If your (reasonable) requests are not being met, talk to the concierge or hotel director. They should be able to help you out with your butler.

My first thought is that you would have used less of your own time by booking the restaurants yourself online, instead of writing three e-mails to the pre-concierge team...?

Contacting the pre concierge desk before you receive you welcome letter and luggage tags is pretty much a wasted effort. They devote most of their time to the cruises for two to four weeks out. For several years now, every request made in advance has been handled before we board. Last two years the Butler reviewed what we asked before we boarded the ship.

There is no flavored coffee in the suites.

Some on here set unrealistic expectations for others. Posting of all the wonderful things done for them, unlimited M&M's in the room, choices of afternoon snacks etc. If they have what you asked for, they will make an effort. Last year for example, no M&M's on the entire ship, sorry! Afternoon snacks are made up in the kitchen for the entire ship. The butlers have no say in the days treats. Some will go out of their way to get what you ask for, example, chocolate chip cookies if you ask, others will only bring what is available for the day. Many reasonable requests will be fulfilled, others will not. Depends on the Hotel Director and how busy the individual Butler is.

We find leaving notes is the least effective way of dealing with the Butler. Call them or flag them down and make your request fact to face.

Why don't you call them and do it over the phone?

I'm beginning to think that the elusive reading wedge doesn't exist! LOL! We've requested one on every cruise we've been in a suite and never received one. They always say they're looking for it. No big deal, but it's kind of become a running gag with us.

Also, they have flavored coffee!? I've never seen these. What flavors did they have? The only choices we've ever had was decaf or regular. Once there were 2 types of regular coffee, but neither was flavored.

Funny about the reading wedge. I ordered one of those for DW for our upcoming trip - we'll have to see if it is still elusive.

Yep....we skip the pre-concierge requests too!

Me too! I find that a nice talk with the butler the first day of the cruise works great. I don't have any unusual requests, but haven't been disappointed yet.

As far as restaurant and show reservations, I normally do that myself online and have found that it's not a real problem to do it on the ship. Last month on Breakaway I decided I wanted to go to Cagney's and they were full...but the concierge called and managed to squeeze me in.

Maybe I have been lucky, but I have always ended up getting a great butler and have had great experience with the concierge taking care of things for me.