good news and bad news live from grand princess

tml1230

Re: NCL reference - the quote option isn't working for me:

Did that one - never again. I am looking at the Princess Hawaiian cruise though. Sea days, Princess staff, Ensenada even - just for fun, all make it far better than P.O.A. et al.

Also re: Smashburgers They're in Canada. Will go today to try them...:D

Edited by sportsmum

I haven't learned a lot in my life, but two things I have learned... 1.) You never have to apologize for being a couple of minutes early... and 2.) You can never say "Thank You" too many times.

Best quote I have read in a long time. Too bad we always have grumpy people no matter what.

Oh, and THANK YOU!

Wayne,

Many Thanks for your quick response... I will make sure, next week, to mentiion to the Captain and CD the kind comments made about their handling of the crisis.

If you still have extra minutes online, how is the speed of the internet service vs. past cruises and how is that new on board app working?

Get ready for possibly rainy conditions in S.F. next Thursday.

Thanks again, and enjoy your cruise!

Internet is at least as good as past cruises, perhaps better. Maybe it's because we have 15% fewer people than last week. Unfortunately my cabin gets a weak signal. When I take my device out to the Piazza, it is pretty good. Love the new app. Can check your account in real time, look at activities, itinerary, etc.

Edited by mreasier

TOG has shared with us his penchant for peanut butter cookies... I, to, have a cruise favorite... Each morning I must, stress MUST, have a bagel with DOUBLE lox and cream cheese. This is NOT negotiable! A quick wake up work out in the gym followed by BL&CC, even on port days, is a cruise necessity!

Just checked the web cam. Smooth seas for the lucky ones on board right now.

Quick thought for the newbies... I always take pictures of my suitcase and carry on with my phone cam... If either is misplaced in transit a picture is a big help in finding them.

Vaya con Locos!

Quick thought for the newbies... I always take pictures of my suitcase and carry on with my phone cam... If either is misplaced in transit a picture is a big help in finding them.

Vaya con Locos!

Thom....I really learn something new every time you submit a post!! Keep them coming for this 'newbie' with only 47 cruises under her belt.

I do always wrap a unique ribbon around the handle of my luggage -- one of which is a Snoopy / Woodstock ribbon. Getting off the airport shuttle recently, some guy was rolling my suitcase away.....he insisted it was his and wasn't going to give it back. I got the shuttle driver involved (we've known him for a while due to our frequent travels) and told him about the ribbon ... he got my luggage back for me. Funny thing is, his piece of luggage looked nothing like mine and was willing to leave it ??? ... so probably something nefarious going on. This just gave me another reason to love Peanuts ....thanks Charles.

Love the picture idea a LOT! One thing is for sure, I do not use my phone nearly to its full functionality. I don't think I have even looked at it in the last 3 days....that is how much I am NOT married to that device.

TOG has shared with us his penchant for peanut butter cookies... I, to, have a cruise favorite... Each morning I must, stress MUST, have a bagel with DOUBLE lox and cream cheese. This is NOT negotiable! A quick wake up work out in the gym followed by BL&CC, even on port days, is a cruise necessity!

Vaya con Locos!

Their lox and bagels are great. I love the slogan at Noah's Bagels: "Protect your bagels put lox on them"

Excellent idea Thom and your ideas aren't just for newbees but oldbees as well...OK oldbees doesn't sound right shall we say experienced cruisers. Anyway thanks.

Edited by Kentskie

Just got caught up on this thread. Now, all I want is a hamburger...and a cruise to Hawaii!

Tracie Great post.. Way to get the thread back on track with the cruise to Hawaii blurb , but also sneaking in a Hamburger reference :):D:)

Clever !!

Srpilo

Hello, Dave Cole here. We get our rotations about a year out but they're always subject to change. Hope that helps!

Dave, I sure hope you are on the Ruby in February and the Grand in May.

You were CD on our first Hawaiian cruise on the Golden and we have been disappointed when you were not on all our other cruises.

Jeff

When i started this post i never would have imagined it having more than 34000 views. i am really happy that some of you got a laugh or smile about my affection for In N OUT burgers…a sense of humor ,and, not taking yourself to seriously are 2 things i work on each day…

as of now we are told we will be in Ensenada as scheduled and for just a few hours stay. Since my time on the internet is limited since leaving Hawaii, i haven't had the time to check the best taco joints in Ensenada so if someone has a favorite please let me know.

we are really Looking forward to the turnaround day on the 10th.

Some other thoughts on this cruise…all good….Catholic priest on board celebrating Mass every day sure has been nice. The kids on board, from my perspective have been well behaved. Outstanding fresh made waffles every day…German night in horizon court was excellent…

i realize that folks from the west coast are used to it, but watching football at 0900 just doesn't seem right…or healthy…..or natural

Formal nights-some people dressed up some folks didn't…really not something i pay much attention to anymore...

although certainly NOT " IN N OUT " burger quality…the burgers on board are very good.

Although we have all stated how wonderful the crew has been, i feel compelled to repeat it again.

I struggle to find a negative about this cruise… Best i can do is mention the strong perfume some passengers steep themselves in and immediately jump on an elevator…the aroma reminds me of the very natural reaction our overweight english bulldog suffers after he has eaten a chunk of bratwurst.

When i started this post i never would have imagined it having more than 34000 views. i am really happy that some of you got a laugh or smile about my affection for In N OUT burgers…a sense of humor ,and, not taking yourself to seriously are 2 things i work on each day…

as of now we are told we will be in Ensenada as scheduled and for just a few hours stay. Since my time on the internet is limited since leaving Hawaii, i haven't had the time to check the best taco joints in Ensenada so if someone has a favorite please let me know.

we are really Looking forward to the turnaround day on the 10th.

Some other thoughts on this cruise…all good….Catholic priest on board celebrating Mass every day sure has been nice. The kids on board, from my perspective have been well behaved. Outstanding fresh made waffles every day…German night in horizon court was excellent…

i realize that folks from the west coast are used to it, but watching football at 0900 just doesn't seem right…or healthy…..or natural

Formal nights-some people dressed up some folks didn't…really not something i pay much attention to anymore...

although certainly NOT " IN N OUT " burger quality…the burgers on board are very good.

Although we have all stated how wonderful the crew has been, i feel compelled to repeat it again.

I struggle to find a negative about this cruise… Best i can do is mention the strong perfume some passengers steep themselves in and immediately jump on an elevator…the aroma reminds me of the very natural reaction our overweight english bulldog suffers after he has eaten a chunk of bratwurst.

Thanks for the continuing live posts. Hopefully the thread will stay on the "live " track. :)

.... Since my time on the internet is limited since leaving Hawaii, i haven't had the time to check the best taco joints in Ensenada so if someone has a favorite please let me know.

You may already do this but found it is best if your minutes are limited to write your comments on notepad and then log in to copy them into these posts (or e-mails)...guess that may only help if you aren't a speedy typist and if you use your own device.

Originally Posted by tml1230 View Post

.... Since my time on the internet is limited since leaving Hawaii, i haven't had the time to check the best taco joints in Ensenada so if someone has a favorite please let me know.

The food on the ship is great... But, if I were in port in Ensenada for a limited time... I'd have a meal at El Rey Sol... "kitty corner" from the high rise pink Hotel Villa Marina... El Rey Sol has been there for over 100 years... The Cuisine is French/Baja... I'm getting hungry just thinking about their sauces... Give it a try.

I just checked your web cam... Looks like calm seas and fairweather... How many of the 380 that jumped ship in Honolulu are waking up at home today and thinking, "I Did WHAT?"?

Dave, I sure hope you are on the Ruby in February and the Grand in May.

You were CD on our first Hawaiian cruise on the Golden and we have been disappointed when you were not on all our other cruises.

Jeff

Jeff - Thx for the compliment. Sorry to say that I won't be on Ruby or Grand for 2016. Rotations have me assigned to Star Princess for next year. Though as posted before, rotations are to change - that's the one constant at sea!

Well.....my husband and I are among those who "jumped ship" in Honolulu, and it was a VERY difficult decision for us. A couple of things factored into our decision - not one of the factors was fear for our safety or comfort. It boiled down to the fact that we have a major commitment on Friday the 11th, and we couldn't risk being late and missing that commitment. We are Santa and Mrs. Claus for a very large corporate Christmas party each year - a highlight for us - and 300 children are counting on us being there.

I cried leaving the ship on Wednesday after bidding Aloha to our dining waitstaff and cabin steward. I've cried at least once each day since. Even flying home last night from Honolulu, I was in tears. :-(

I am so impressed with the way this has been handled by Princess' corporate offices. I am doubly impressed by the way this was handled onboard, by everyone we were in contact with. The Captain and crew of the Grand are to be commended. I wish them well.

As for us, we were able to spend a few days in Honolulu, with Princess giving us $650 pp for airfare. For those who chose to fly home immediately, Princess made the arrangements - for those who wanted to stay in Honolulu, Princess allowed that amount. Good for us, flying only to San Jose, CA. Not so good for someone who needed to fly a longer distance with higher airfare. But now we are home, and we are anxiously looking at updates and praying that the Grand arrives safely and on time in SFO.

And as for burgers, in Northern California, its gotta be "Squeeze Inn" with the cheeseburger skirt :-)

?type=3&theater