Steakhouse whats your opinion?

CJHAN

So DW and I tried the steakhouse for the first time on the Magic. The food was kind of just ok not good enough for us to go back. It very wll could have been that we made bad choices on our meals. Has anyone experienced this and tried again and enjoyed it. In short is one not great experience worth not trying again?

I tried the steakhouse on the Liberty in April. It was not spectacular but it was very good... good enough to go again. I've read reviews where people rave about the service but I thought the service was better in the MDR on that cruise. I don't eat fish or seafood of any kind so my dinner options in the MDR are limited. I think the quality of the MDR beef has declined so that leaves me ordering chicken most nights, with an occasional pork or pasta dish. So because I'm so darn picky, I'll definitely go to the Steakhouse again, or pay the price to order a Steakhouse steak in the MDR.

So DW and I tried the steakhouse for the first time on the Magic. The food was kind of just ok not good enough for us to go back. It very wll could have been that we made bad choices on our meals. Has anyone experienced this and tried again and enjoyed it. In short is one not great experience worth not trying again?

We love the steakhouse. We generally go 2-3x on each 7 day cruise n

We have eaten in the Steakhouse on the Freedom, Magic, Breeze and Conquest. We found there was a difference in the quality of food (different chefs) and found that the 3 meals we had at the Sun King Steakhouse on the Freedom were by far the best. The Magic was our least favorite, but we still ate there on every cruise because it is much better than the MDR food. We usually go for Surf and Turf and the lobster was done to perfection every time on the Freedom. It was rubbery on the Magic.

Only been once, on the Magic, this last October. We found the food to be delicious (with the exception of the "mashed" potatoes, which were more puréed and far too smooth for us) - I enjoyed the lobster tail & my friend enjoyed the "cowboy" steak - our sides and desserts were lovely - service was perfect. Professional and friendly. We were seated very close to others which was awkward as they were celebrating their 25th anniversary and there was no room for sweet talk for them.

We would go back -

We always heard so many good things about the steak house so we tried it on our last cruise on the Pride. I didn't think it was anything special, the food was okay but not worth the extra $35.00 each. I wouldn't do it again.

I probably won't go again. I thought the food was good, the dessert (cheesecake) great, but all in all, not worth the $35 for the meal when I can get a meal almost as good in the MDR for free.

Edited by Who Cares?

We dined at the steakhouse for the first time on Breeze in 2013. I ordered the cowboy ribeye. I did not enjoy the steak at all. We also felt that the dining staff was cold and uncaring, like they didn't care if we were there or not. Service was much better in the main dining room. We decided that we would not go again on future cruise.

Fast forward to Legend July 2015. We sailed with two other couples who wanted to go to the steakhouse on the first night. This time I ordered the red snapper special. OMG, it was delicious!!! Service was amazing! It was a wonderful experience.

I recommend trying the steakhouse one more time but on a different ship.

We consider it the highlight of our cruises on Carnival. It's not only the food, but the ambiance that makes it so worth it. Such a nice change of pace from the organized chaos at the MDR. Our experiences with the Steakhouse on Carnival surpasses what we've experienced with specialty restaurants on other cruise lines, including Holland America and Royal Caribbean.

We budget and always plan to include a night at the Steakhouse.We've already made reservations for our May cruise!

Edited by Tapi

We have done the steakhouse on each of our cruises. Except for the Conquest cruise last year they have been great. I love the lamb. I don't get it at home so really look forward to it on board ship. However, the last cruise on the Conquest the lamb was so tough I couldn't eat it. At first the Chef said that lamb is like that. I have never had lamb like that before. They did finally offer me something else so I had a steak. I like steak and it was good just not the cut I had wanted. The funny thing was it was offered in the MDR 2 nights later and I ordered it. It was fantastic. So they really did know how to cook it right.

We are going on a B2B starting the 3rd of Jan. We have reservations for the steakhouse for both weeks. We are celebrating our 41st anniversary the first week and his 65th birthday and my 60th (actually have my birthday while on that cruise) on the 2nd week. I am hoping that the lamb is really good this time as we will be on the Conquest again.

tigercat

Some are better than others.

We enjoy the steakhouse every cruise usually 2 times. Always on the first night since you get a free bottle of wine with dinner....and usually on the last night. Only once we didn't care for it, but it has never kept us from going back. I don't care for the deserts they serve, but one Cruise, they brought me the Grand Marnier soufflé, that they had in the MDR, when I mentioned we should have eaten there since I love that desert. It was a lovely surprise. Chefs Table is always a must as well!!!

We always go at least once on every ship that has a Steakhouse. We are already booked for the first night on our next cruise. Our cruise will be 15 days long so we will probably go three times.

We've never had a bad meal there and the service is always excellent, not as rushed as the dining room.