Riviera 12/12/1015

lais

I really do not think 25$ for 20 items is that great of a deal. If they have closed the self serve they should have a better deal, maybe one bag free a week.

Has any one asked why the laundrette is still closed ?? Personally it is an amenity that you have paid for and you are being denied with no explanation ---- My advice go for free laundry !!! You can't be expected to wash everything in the sink and $25 + service is not a steal.

Hand-washing clothes is not the most pleasant pastime. Furthermore, since I recently had shoulder surgery, my right arm is still painful and movement limited. So hand washing my clothes is going to be a big no for me.

If the launderette isn't open, that 20 items for $24.95 sounds like a good deal to me. We have a butler who will iron for us. Guess that's the route we'll go if it's still closed on our cruise.[/QU

The butler does not iron for you. There will be cards in your room for complimentary pressing of a limited amount of garments upon Embarkation only. I forget how many pieces in a PH but in Concierge it is limited to 2 garments.

There will be cards in your room for complimentary pressing of a limited amount of garments upon Embarkation only. I forget how many pieces in a PH but in Concierge it is limited to 2 garments.

Deb

we had 2 cards pp in Concierge & used them later in the cruise

I would think PH would be the same

Lyn

The butler does not iron for you. There will be cards in your room for complimentary pressing of a limited amount of garments upon Embarkation only. I forget how many pieces in a PH but in Concierge it is limited to 2 garments.

Okay, I had read that butlers will press clothes for you. I'm new to the butler game, so I didn't know the specifics. I'm not worried about the pressing - this is the Caribbean, most of my clothes are going to be wash & wear. :)

I really do not think 25$ for 20 items is that great of a deal. If they have closed the self serve they should have a better deal, maybe one bag free a week.

I agree, not the best deal, I also think that if the laundries are going to be closed, they should offer a better deal. I like the one free bag a week idea.

That being said, I'd rather spend 25 bucks than spend my vacation squeezing soap out of my clothes in the bathroom sink! How much is your vacation time worth to you? When I look at it from that perspective, I'd much rather shell out $25 than waste my precious cruise time standing around in the head.

I'm hoping they'll be open by Jan. :)

I'd rather spend the $25 then use the launderette.
I thought the same thing so we availed of the 20 items for $24.95 a few weeks ago on Insignia. Deal was wash and fold only, but since most of our items were quick dry, no iron or wrinkle resistant, I figured all would be good. Sorry to say that the clothes came back a wrinkled mess. It seemed they were overdried and every single item needed to be ironed. What I thought would save me from the laundry room kept me there for a long time doing ironing! Never again.

I thought the same thing so we availed of the 20 items for $24.95 a few weeks ago on Insignia. Deal was wash and fold only, but since most of our items were quick dry, no iron or wrinkle resistant, I figured all would be good. Sorry to say that the clothes came back a wrinkled mess. It seemed they were overdried and every single item needed to be ironed. What I thought would save me from the laundry room kept me there for a long time doing ironing! Never again.

WE have used the 20 item deals many times in the past and everything came back looking great. Could be that they were very overloaded because the laundry rooms were closed and everything was rushed. Not a good reason but might be why.

I 2nd that, and the service is really good. That's the only way to vacation.

Yup. The time we would spend to do laundry is better spent enjoying ourselves doing what we paid for. The 20.00 deal lets us come home with mostly clean clothes or lets us pack less for our cruise. Either way it is a home run for us. :):):)

Sorry to hear you had that experience. But I'm relieved to see that others are posting that it was fine for them. So I'll probably take the chance. :)

Yup. The time we would spend to do laundry is better spent enjoying ourselves doing what we paid for. The 20.00 deal lets us come home with mostly clean clothes or lets us pack less for our cruise. Either way it is a home run for us. :):):)

Totally! The only reason I expect I'll be doing some laundry myself is because the launderette on our deck is literally right outside my cabin door, so it'll just be super convenient.

Edited by Leejnd4

Deb

we had 2 cards pp in Concierge & used them later in the cruise

I would think PH would be the same

Lyn

Think in PH it might have been 4 items.

In our PH, we had two items per person as Lyn said or a total of 4 items ;) as RJB says :)

Because so many have asked, I thought I would comment on the sanitation precautions here onboard.

- Announcements continue to be made advising people to wash their hands with soap and water. People are being asked/told to use the hand sanitizers at the gangway and at the dining venues.

- I saw a Terrace Cafe manager personally instruct a server on how to clean the chairs. She was told to thoroughly wipe down both wood arms and the wood part of the chair that can be used to pull the chair out.

- The special cleaner that is being used leaves a sticky residue. It was all over the table in our cabin when we boarded and was wiped off the second day. The cabin cleaners has been told to leave it on overnight. It is all over the wood on the desks in the computer room and also on the keyboard. We can endure sticky more easily than norovirus.:) And it washes off my hands quickly.

- I don't know how much more thorough they could possibly be.

In our PH, we had two items per person as Lyn said or a total of 4 items ;) as RJB says :)

Right. In PH it was two PP. Four for the two of us. We even took a few home. Maybe we can use them on our next trip.

Because so many have asked, I thought I would comment on the sanitation precautions here onboard.

- Announcements continue to be made advising people to wash their hands with soap and water. People are being asked/told to use the hand sanitizers at the gangway and at the dining venues.

- I saw a Terrace Cafe manager personally instruct a server on how to clean the chairs. She was told to thoroughly wipe down both wood arms and the wood part of the chair that can be used to pull the chair out.

- The special cleaner that is being used leaves a sticky residue. It was all over the table in our cabin when we boarded and was wiped off the second day. The cabin cleaners has been told to leave it on overnight. It is all over the wood on the desks in the computer room and also on the keyboard. We can endure sticky more easily than norovirus.:) And it washes off my hands quickly.

- I don't know how much more thorough they could possibly be.

thanks very much :)

With the special cleaner they are using it sounds like they are still battling Noro?

Have the laundries opened? Culinary classes open?

thanks again. Really appreciate the reports.

thanks very much :)

With the special cleaner they are using it sounds like they are still battling Noro?

Have the laundries opened? Culinary classes open?

thanks again. Really appreciate the reports.

Laundry closed. Culinary class open. Salt and pepper shakers were off tables, on tables now off again

Laundry closed. Culinary class open. Salt and pepper shakers were off tables, on tables now off again

thanks so much for taking the time from your cruise to answer and post :)

It is really appreciated.

thanks so much for taking the time from your cruise to answer and post :)

It is really appreciated.

No problem. I wake up too early and that is perfect internet time.

Also, still no food products in concierge lounge or the coffee bar ( I don't know what the name of that area is in front of the library) and that is something I am missing. Need to attend the tea to have those goodies.

Edited by lais

Has any one asked why the laundrette is still closed ?? Personally it is an amenity that you have paid for and you are being denied with no explanation ---- My advice go for free laundry !!! You can't be expected to wash everything in the sink and $25 + service is not a steal.

We are on the current cruise that left Miami Dec. 12. We have asked about the laundry and are told laundry is still code red- what ever the heck that is. The crew does not posses good communication or customer service skills. They just say they don't know when the laundry will reopen. We have been told all self service laundry facilities are closed. Another passenger told us they have been closed for several weeks- well before this departure. I will do a review when we are done with this cruise (I am counting days until we arrive in Miami) but am disappointed that this experience has not matched in any way what we have heard about this cruise line. This is our first and last Oceania trip. We have meet many other passengers who have expressed same reaction - both first time Oceania and repeat customers.

Also, still no food products in concierge lounge or the coffee bar ( I don't know what the name of that area is in front of the library) and that is something I am missing. Need to attend the tea to have those goodies.

Are you talking about Barristas ??

Are there still cases of NORO onboard?

We are on the current cruise that left Miami Dec. 12. We have asked about the laundry and are told laundry is still code red- what ever the heck that is. The crew does not posses good communication or customer service skills. They just say they don't know when the laundry will reopen. We have been told all self service laundry facilities are closed. Another passenger told us they have been closed for several weeks- well before this departure. I will do a review when we are done with this cruise (I am counting days until we arrive in Miami) but am disappointed that this experience has not matched in any way what we have heard about this cruise line. This is our first and last Oceania trip. We have meet many other passengers who have expressed same reaction - both first time Oceania and repeat customers.

Laundry is still code red?????

Code Red is the term used by other cruise lines when there is a Noro outbreak:eek::confused:

I am sorry to hear that your experience on O mirrored ours.