Just off Brilliance - Nice but LOUD

CarolGS

We were on the week before in cabin 1054. Right next to the glass elevators. While we could here the music some, it was more like a tv turn down really low. No one out of the 7 in our cabin had trouble with the noise. We encounter great service from all crew members on this past trip. Sorry your experience wasn't as enjoyable.

Edited by ajp76

We were on the week before in cabin 1054. Right next to the glass elevators. While we could here the music some, it was more like a tv turn down really low. No one out of the 7 in our cabin had trouble with the noise. We encounter great service from all crew members on this past trip. Sorry your experience wasn't as enjoyable.

AJP - We did enjoy our cruise and in most other aspects I rated the ship and crew highly. There just wasn't any one cruise member that went above and beyond, that when asked on the survey I could point to.

Also, it looks like you were in the cabin right above ours - only ours was not a suite. We did notice that our door did not shut unless really pushed/pulled firmly. Perhaps we just didn't have as great a seal on our door as you did. But I assure you, if the noise was only mildly discernable I would not even have mentioned it. It was loud enough that we could not watch television without blasting it - which we did NOT do because we did not want to add to the noise heard by our neighbors.

On the Jewel in Nov, our friends had 9092 and 9078. I asked them about the music, because it was pretty loud downstairs in the Centrum, but they said it wasn't an issue. Very low in the background while inside and ended at a reasonable enough hour. Of course this is pre-refit.

Ok you folks talked us out of 9078 we booked it over a year ago, they better play some loud music now beside I'm almost deaf anyway but it's what the misses wanted.

Thanks for everyone's help on this our cruise isn't till October

Ok you folks talked us out of 9078 we booked it over a year ago, they better play some loud music now beside I'm almost deaf anyway but it's what the misses wanted.

Thanks for everyone's help on this our cruise isn't till October

Tug - I was on Brilliance two weeks ago, yes, the Centrum music is loud. Met many people with central cabins saying the centrum music was very audible in there cabin during the evening. We had 9632 and it was quiet back there.

Tug - I was on Brilliance two weeks ago, yes, the Centrum music is loud. Met many people with central cabins saying the centrum music was very audible in there cabin during the evening. We had 9632 and it was quiet back there.

Thanks Fred we just more a few cabins to the rear of the Centrum.

• 2 weeks later...
We always book 1560, which is about 3 down from the Centrum, and on the side of the ship opposite from the elevator banks, and we never hear anything - even on NYE. We've been in 9076 before, and it was quite noisy. We attributed that to being on the "open" side of the centrum. Being away from the elevators helps a lot - there's a solid wall from deck 5 all the way up to deck 12 on that side which separates the centrum from all of the starboard side cabins.

By any chance do you have any pictures of the room 1560? We have it coming up in Nov.

Really, what do you do when you travel to say Europe and you are off by 6 hrs?

No problem, I get acclimated quite easily. Stay up till the normal bed time hour and I get up, the next day, to the new normal hours. I've followed this routine whether traveling to the West Coast or Europe for business or pleasure. Over time, my brain has developed an internal alarm clock that adjusts my body to the new environment. Also, when I cruise, I'm the only nut jogging at 5 AM. Lol.

No problem, I get acclimated quite easily. Stay up till the normal bed time hour and I get up, the next day, to the new normal hours. I've followed this routine whether traveling to the West Coast or Europe for business or pleasure. Over time, my brain has developed an internal alarm clock that adjusts my body to the new environment. Also, when I cruise, I'm the only nut jogging at 5 AM. Lol.

You're just like Kramer on Seinfeld.......lol

I stayed in a solo room just off from that area in Jan...I didn't hear anything but I was never in bed before 2 am so I guess it was pretty quiet by then.....lol.

I haven't heard/read about this issue for any other ships with a centrum..is this just brilliance? And is it louder for some reason on this ship than others? I am back on her in 27 days....now I am curious..lol

Edited by monctonguy

... I haven't heard/read about this issue for any other ships with a centrum..is this just brilliance? And is it louder for some reason on this ship than others? I am back on her in 25 days....now I am curious..lol

Not just Brilliance. We've had the loud centrum issue on Enchantment too. I think any Radiance or Vision class is subject to the problem from time to time, depending on how loud and late the music is playing, and whether the corridor doors are closed.

I hear ya!!!:) There was a thread on here not too long ago that someone started who was so happy that they got a hump cabin on one of these ships. I felt bad having to tell them that it could end up being very noisy unless you are a late night person.

I think someone else on that thread said that they even heard Centrum nooise during the day

I had the same cabin on Jewel when it was out of Tampa. Fortunately I am hard of hearing, but 12am- 12:30 isn't that late! If it is, I would definitely recommend getting a cabin further back. The only noise problem I have ever had was being on deck 12 just under the solarium on Allure. The Dance party there went till 3am. I know how to get deck 12 forward now!

I had the same cabin on Jewel when it was out of Tampa. Fortunately I am hard of hearing, but 12am- 12:30 isn't that late! If it is, I would definitely recommend getting a cabin further back. The only noise problem I have ever had was being on deck 12 just under the solarium on Allure. The Dance party there went till 3am. I know how to get deck 12 forward now!

On our recent Vision cruise, we were directly under the ping pong table. No noise at night, but during the day it would have been impossible to take a nap.

We sailed on the Brilliance in October - first 7 nights in 8088, which is the first cabin on the hump on the non elevator side of the Centrum. There is an opening to the Centrum there with a speaker directly next to it and the noise until about midnight is almost deafening. Your cabin door might as well be propped open. We moved to 8596 for the next cruise - just 4 doors down but with a wall between the hallway and Centrum and it was MUCH quieter.

We sailed on the Brilliance in October - first 7 nights in 8088, which is the first cabin on the hump on the non elevator side of the Centrum. There is an opening to the Centrum there with a speaker directly next to it and the noise until about midnight is almost deafening. Your cabin door might as well be propped open. We moved to 8596 for the next cruise - just 4 doors down but with a wall between the hallway and Centrum and it was MUCH quieter.

8088 is the one that we had one time. Picked it for the extra large balcony. Won't do that again

12-12:30 am is late, especially on Med. cruises as you have to be on the pier at 7am for a typical excursion. Also, learned a lesson as I've cruised on the Brilliance and Serenade prior to the refurb. and did not experience the noise problem. It was so bad that I could not hear GS personnel on a face to face meeting, even with the screaming.