Phase out of Concierge Lounge

Moltar

Not at all, I am one of the most gregarious and well versed people that you would ever meet. Why should I order anything to my room, when all Suite guest, will have a Suite Lounge to utilize and socialize within?

Then come May, it will officially be a dedicated Suite Lounge on the Anthem. Already is on A & O and when the Harmony is delivered, it will there as well. :eek:

But all of us Pinnacles will be there taking up your Suite Lounge chairs so that you will still not have a place to sit and enjoy the venue. Will will continue to grow our population at an astronomical pace and keep Suite pax from enjoying their special lounge. Resistance is futile.

Edited by Tagsalong

But all of us Pinnacles will be there taking up your Suite Lounge chairs so that you will still not have a place to sit and enjoy the venue. Will will continue to grow our population at an astronomical pace and keep Suite pax from enjoying their special lounge. Resistance is futile.

And that is why the Diamond Lounge will be the Pinnacle lounge in a couple of years. There will be a lounge for the Suite guests to enjoy, just saying

Agree with most of what you wrote. However, just off a sailing on Quantum and the Concierge lounge was the venue for the Diamond evenings. There was no Diamond event at the music hall.

It was held at the music hall last year...so they changed the venue now from Music Hall to Concierge lounge...

So in effect Quantum is allowing the D's to the concierge lounge during evening cocktail hours...

Makes sense, since majority of mainland Chinese are not much drinkers except for hot tea and warm water.. so the Chinese suite guests are not much into the concierge lounge happy hours benefit to crowd out the lounge.

That's what I meant that there is no lounge overcrowding issue in Asia...electric kettles in their staterooms are more in demand. :D

Edited by roquejo

Ah, Seven Hundred does not appear to be a very large number, that is until you do the math. Attrition will keep the balance in check :eek:

And that is why the Diamond Lounge will be the Pinnacle lounge in a couple of years. There will be a lounge for the Suite guests to enjoy, just saying

With the fleet growing and the number of Suite Guests normally outnumbering PC Members on any one cruise, I highly doubt that will happen.

Ah, Seven Hundred does not appear to be a very large number, that is until you do the math. Attrition will keep the balance in check :eek:

You think that there are only 700 PC Members!!??:eek:

Edited by cruisenfever

I sailed with Juan Diego as concierge on 11/30/15 - 12/11/15 the suite lounge was only for Pinnacle members and Suite guest then as well. D and D+ had their own lounge on Deck 5. The D/L on the Anthem is huge and very comfortable for all of the D & D+ and they are very well taken care of. If D+ were to be allowed in the S/L, it would be completely over whelmed, due to the vast amount of Suites onboard.

I disagree with these statements. I was on the 11/30 Anthem trip and D+ members were certainly allowed in the CL. I was in the CL the first evening listening to Juan Diego's "list of rules". He never said, in my recollection, that the CL was not for D+. I had several interactions with him regarding reservations for dinner. He was well aware of my D+ status and never said anything about me needing to go to the other lounge. I also spoke to many D+ folks in the CL throughout the course of the trip.

The few times I went to the DL in the evening it was very, very crowded. I don't see how all D's and D+'s could fit in that specific lounge. More likely, the DL will become a D+ lounge, in my opinion. Katherine

PS - Dana -- how are you?? Ready for the snow?

Edited by Lady Hudson

With the fleet growing and the number of Suite Guests normally outnumbering PC Members on any one cruise, I highly doubt that will happen.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion on CC. :o

I'm just saying that Royal needs to find a way to keep the Suite guests happy in their own lounge. Adding a SL is a good step, but as the Pinnacle ranks grow, there could be a logistics issue insuring everyone has a comfortable experience. Luckily there are not my problems.

Oasis used to have a pinnacle lounge prior to drydock, so it makes sense to allow the PC members into the SL for now. Time will tell.

To bad no one seems to be willing to share accurate info, and the moment someone presents a breakdown, they seem to be discredited. I would guess it's well on the way to a couple thousand. And everyone I speak with seems to be over the 525 mark now, so lord help us in 2017 and 2018.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion on CC. :o

I'm just saying that Royal needs to find a way to keep the Suite guests happy in their own lounge. Adding a SL is a good step, but as the Pinnacle ranks grow, there could be a logistics issue insuring everyone has a comfortable experience. Luckily there are not my problems.

Oasis used to have a pinnacle lounge prior to drydock, so it makes sense to allow the PC members into the SL for now. Time will tell.

To bad no one seems to be willing to share accurate info, and the moment someone presents a breakdown, they seem to be discredited. I would guess it's well on the way to a couple thousand. And everyone I speak with seems to be over the 525 mark now, so lord help us in 2017 and 2018.

The Pinnacle Lounge on Oasis class was across from the Pinnacle Chapel. The lounge was used for receptions associated with weddings or renewal of vows? It had nothing to do with Pinnacle Club C&A Members.

Edited by cruisenfever

If you are a Pinnacle, one would think that you would truly know the # 700 represented?

But, actually the most Pinnacles that I have to my knowledge, ever sailed with was eight. and that was on the 11/30/15 Anthem sailing.

I disagree with these statements. I was on the 11/30 Anthem trip and D+ members were certainly allowed in the CL. I was in the CL the first evening listening to Juan Diego's "list of rules". He never said, in my recollection, that the CL was not for D+. I had several interactions with him regarding reservations for dinner. He was well aware of my D+ status and never said anything about me needing to go to the other lounge. I also spoke to many D+ folks in the CL throughout the course of the trip.

The few times I went to the DL in the evening it was very, very crowded. I don't see how all D's and D+'s could fit in that specific lounge. More likely, the DL will become a D+ lounge, in my opinion. Katherine

PS - Dana -- how are you?? Ready for the snow?

I am well, thank you for asking; and you? Certainly ready for a little bit of snow Lady Katherine (Hudson). I must concede misspeaking then. Completely forgot that is where we booked Jamie's together the first night. I actually spent very little time in the Lounge that cruise. With so few people when I went in, I made the assumption that they were either suite of Pinnacles; never even heard J.D.'s speech.

I went to the Diamond Lounge once, it was busy but, still ample room.

Regards, Dana

Edited by BArtisan

If you are a Pinnacle, one would think that you would truly know the # 700 represented?

But, actually the most Pinnacles that I have to my knowledge, ever sailed with was eight. and that was on the 11/30/15 Anthem sailing.

We had 32 Pinnacles on our Nov 30 Vision cruise including a new one. We only used the CL for priority tendering at GC. We were in the DL with our friends the rest of the time, although it was packed with 400 D and above onboard. Some cruises, particularly long ones seem to attract more upper tier cruisers. Plus, the 10 night itinerary had the ABC islands, GC and Key West so that drew a lot of people. We plan to utilize the CL on our April Anthem cruise because we can, but if we get lose that access at some point, oh well. We hit D status after they had removed D from the CL. We enjoy the D lounge more than we ever did the CL.

Edited by BND

If I were not a PC Member, I would not have it included in my signature. Have had it there since September 9, 2012.

700 cruise points is what is need to reach Pinnacle Club. :D But what does that have to do with the discussion at hand????

Edited by cruisenfever

I would guess it's well on the way to a couple thousand. And everyone I speak with seems to be over the 525 mark now, so lord help us in 2017 and 2018.

Here's the thing though with Pinnacles. It is obvious, in general, that they are the oldest cruisers. As such, they have the greatest attrition (nice way of putting it, eh?) rate.

Seriously, many Pinnacles are leaving the ranks of frequent cruisers simply because of age or infirmity.

The biggest growth is with Diamonds. That's the real problem. It's actually pretty easy to reach Diamond. That is what is causing overcrowding in the lounges.

I wonder how long it takes to remove the name plate and replace it with one that says suite lounge?

It depends. If it is done by shipboard maintenance it can be done quickly. If it is done by Royal Caribbean's crack IT department, it will probably take until July 2026.

Here's the thing though with Pinnacles. It is obvious, in general, that they are the oldest cruisers. As such, they have the greatest attrition (nice way of putting it, eh?) rate.

Seriously, many Pinnacles are leaving the ranks of frequent cruisers simply because of age or infirmity.

The biggest growth is with Diamonds. That's the real problem. It's actually pretty easy to reach Diamond. That is what is causing overcrowding in the lounges.

ummmmmmm........could we possibly change that to "the most seasoned cruisers". Using the word "old" really makes me feel "old"!!!!!:D:D:D

If I were not a PC Member, I would not have it included in my signature. Have had it there since September 9, 2012.

700 cruise points is what is need to reach Pinnacle Club. :D But what does that have to do with the discussion at hand????

"You think that there are only 700 PC Members!!?? " In referencing 700, I was referring to the number of cruise days that it took to achieve Pinnacle and by doing the math, with people normally getting two weeks vacation a year would be a max of 28 or so days per year by sailing in a J/S at the least.

But, congratulations on obtaining and achieving the Pinnacle Level. :)

That's why I am throwing in another 12 day on the Anthem to attain another 36 cruise days, in order to achieve pinnacle within the next ten years. Right now I am sitting at 349, doing the Allure in Feb for another 14 and then the Anthem again in Mar. for 36 - puts me at 399. Then it's back to work for 9 months and then the next cruise on the Harmony for two weeks in 2017. My goal is to survive the next ten years so that I can see that happen. :rolleyes:

I feel that there will be another level put in place around the 340/350 level, the platform has already been established, it just has not been named. Once that is accomplished, I think that there will be major changes to the Diamond level in the future to ease the over crowding issue(s). Just my thoughts.

I feel that there will be another level put in place around the 340/350 level, the platform has already been established, it just has not been named. Once that is accomplished, I think that there will be major changes to the Diamond level in the future to ease the over crowding issue(s). Just my thoughts.

Agree totally. We are at 334 and will hit 350 by the end of summer. That has been our goal as I believe, as you do, that 350 makes a logical level for bridging the gap between 175 and 700.

I am not advocating a diminishing of benefits but my gut tells me that Diamonds will be limited to some number of drink coupons and the new 350-700 will have access to the present Diamond Lounges.

....I have grown extremely weary of all of the Bitching and Complaining from all of these entitled C & A members. If I am dropping anywhere from 12 to 25k on a Suite and I cannot sit down in a lounge because people in a Interior 2k cabin have camped out in said lounge. Not only will I be addressing this personally to the Captain, but Miami as well and I could give a **** less, who on this board does not like it. You have two choices in life...like it or get over it. Or maybe, purchase a Grand Suite...What a concept! ;)

Let me see if I understand your statements: You talk about "entitled C & A members" but what your saying is those "only" paying for an inside cabin should not be in a suite lounge--however, does that also hold true for suite guests who pay less than your 12-25K? Does the category of the cabin or the C&A level really mean all that much to you or is it that those who pay the most for whatever category are really the "entitled to the CL" ones? :confused: Should a specific seat be assigned to the guests according to how much they paid for their cabin--sort of like seating at a concert venue? hmmm Interesting concept!

Edited by gadaboutgal

Agree totally. We are at 334 and will hit 350 by the end of summer. That has been our goal as I believe, as you do, that 350 makes a logical level for bridging the gap between 175 and 700.

I am not advocating a diminishing of benefits but my gut tells me that Diamonds will be limited to some number of drink coupons and the new 350-700 will have access to the present Diamond Lounges.

So what is going to happen to the D+ that are between 175 and 350 who have access to the DL now. To solve the problem Royal need to close the loophole that allows people to inherit family and friends status do the nights at sea get the access to the lounges.

You talk about "entitled C & A members" but what your saying is those "only" paying for an inside cabin should not be in a suite lounge--

What if that person in the inside cabins gets a free or low cost upgrade to a GS - are they supposed to be in the SL?:p

Biker, who spent about $12K to attain Diamond status.

On our last Oasis cruise we had many Pinnacles and most were not old at all. IMHO the best perk Pinnacles are getting right now is not the Suite Lounge, is having access to Coastal Kitchen. I just hope RCCL adds Coastal to other ship classes, that will keep me booking suites. :D

700 cruise points is what is need to reach Pinnacle Club. But what does that have to do with the discussion at hand????

"You think that there are only 700 PC Members!!?? " In referencing 700, I was referring to the number of cruise days that it took to achieve Pinnacle and by doing the math, with people normally getting two weeks vacation a year would be a max of 28 or so days per year by sailing in a J/S at the least.

But, congratulations on obtaining and achieving the Pinnacle Level.

And I correctly answered you in my post above. Pinnacle Club is not determined by the number of days that you cruise but the number of points you earn per cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

And I correctly answered you in my post above. Pinnacle Club is not determined by the number of days that you cruise but the number of points you earn per cruise.

Ain't that the truth, our projected path towards PC will occur at 52 cruises, 351 actual days at Sea, 350 bonus points. Those bonus points were earned on 39 of the 52 cruises.

Ain't that the truth, our projected path towards PC will occur at 52 cruises, 351 actual days at Sea, 350 bonus points. Those bonus points were earned on 39 of the 52 cruises.

Of course the next question is, how much did you spend with RCI to get to PC?