Pacific Princess over Christmas and kids

Ferndale Girl

We're thinking of taking a Caribbean cruise on the Pacific from Dec 20th to Jan 3rd. I know there are a lot of families that cruise at this time but was wondering if maybe that wouldn't be the case on the smaller ship. I don't mind kids in general but would prefer not to have a ship full of them.

We're thinking of taking a Caribbean cruise on the Pacific from Dec 20th to Jan 3rd. I know there are a lot of families that cruise at this time but was wondering if maybe that wouldn't be the case on the smaller ship. I don't mind kids in general but would prefer not to have a ship full of them.

As the pacific princess does not have a dedicated children's space, and its prices tend to be higher due to its size I would not expect many children at all.

Sailed on the Pacific Princess this past December 17th thru January 3rd. There were about 100 passengers under the age of 18. The Card Room was converted to the Kids Club.

We were also on board. I talked to one of the 2 women who were in charge of the Kid's Club and she said they had approx. 20 who were signed up for the club.

There was at least one toddler not in the Club.

As for the other 79 of the 100 who were apparently on board, we never noticed them.

Didn't see any bad behavior.

The "card room" was changed to the Kid's Club. The only time we saw the kids was when they were herded to the buffet in the late afternoon (around 3-4PM) for ice cream.

How old?

I don't think I would book a cruise with my kids on the Pacific, too small and not enough for them to do. IMO

Especially that long of a cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

How old?

I don't think I would book a cruise with my kids on the Pacific, too small and not enough for them to do. IMO

Especially that long of a cruise.

We cruise during the holidays with the kids, and I didn't realize that the Pacific Princess did not have a big kid's club. That's good to know that I need to pay attention to that when booking a cruise.

I would not want the kids crammed into an area. It would not be fun for them. Both Christmas cruises we have taken (15 day and 10 day) were sold out and a lot of kids. I did not find them to be overbearing, but then I have kids too. Holiday travel is huge for families, especially extended families all getting together for one cruise with everyone.

The majority were between the ages 12-17. I am sure they had no interest in a kids club. I confirmed the number before sailing (as I always do). Also I was told that they do not have a kids club on the small ships unless there is a certain number of younger guests sailing. That number was either 25 or 35. That doesn't mean all sign up for the club.

We were also on board. I talked to one of the 2 women who were in charge of the Kid's Club and she said they had approx. 20 who were signed up for the club.

There was at least one toddler not in the Club.

As for the other 79 of the 100 who were apparently on board, we never noticed them.

Didn't see any bad behavior.

The "card room" was changed to the Kid's Club. The only time we saw the kids was when they were herded to the buffet in the late afternoon (around 3-4PM) for ice cream.

Interesting, i was on the Ocean for this past christmas cruise, and the Pacific this year is doing basically the same itinerary as the Ocean did last year. I found it was by far the oldest skewed cruise I've taken on Princess. There were at most a handful of kids, and quite frankly most of those were related to officers. I'm not convinced there were 100 people under the age of 50 on the ship.

I was on the Princess in July in Alaska. Saw one infant and two kids. That was it. Middle of summer and almost no kids because of the lack of activities for them. Which is what we were looking for. Smaller ship and I loved it and think the Pacific Princess is great.

Am now scheduled on the much large Regal in October, but have no choice as it's the only boat doing the east coast fall colors. However, they do have an IC and PP does not, so I am looking forward to that!

If you want to cruise at Christmas, I think that the PP is your best bet. Enjoy!

In Alaska we did the b2b on the Pacific. The northbound there were some kids, but not really a huge number. There were noticeably more on the southbound, but still not a huge number. Both directions were heavy on first time Princess cruisers (surprised me even though it was Alaska, thought the small ship might cancel that out some). Both directions were around 120-140 returning passengers. (And southbound, at 175 days, we were #3 on the most days.)