Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

No matter where the blame lies, this is a very sad situation for all involved. Some people save up all year for that one trip. Then something like this happens. Sure you get your money back but it still is disappointing. There really are no winners in this and I feel for all involved.

Shaun07 and the rest of the passengers on board Anthem I truly feel for you. We just got off NCL Getaway on Sunday and had one day of somewhat rough seas. I was feeling slightly anxious. We have sailed many cruises but we brought my first time cruise parents with us this time (I was nervous for them when we hit rough seas). I can't imagine how you have all been feeling. It's not fair or respectful for anyone to tell you how you "should" feel. We all have different levels of tolerance for fear/excitement etc. You are perfectly entitled to your own feelings.

Keep your chin up! You are almost home.

Mom.to.2 - LMaxwell is correct. If your insurance only covers the cruise portion, your trip is over at port. If your insurance covered flights and cruise - There is a good chance your flights "could" be covered. If your airline tickets are not covered in the insurance your "origination point" is the port not your home city.

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying with different words.

Let's hope current Anthem cruisers had their air included on their travel insurance policies, in addition to the cruise.

And for those with upcoming cruises, add the air to your policy if you haven't already done so! (Though from what I'm reading, this may not be possible with RCL cruise care.)

Anthem of the Seas is currently north of Atlantic City. Below is a link to New York Harbor live cam where we can watch her come back....My guess is possibly 3pm

http://nyharborwebcam.com/

We're picking up the pilot ~6pm. Due to dock at 9pm. People are allowed to self-debark from 9-midnight. People who wish can spend the night onboard and it will be treated like a regular debark. People can self-debark beginning at 7. They will start calling numbers at 8.

Biggest difference is that we all get to through immigration between 9 and midnight. But, that cuts out the customs delay in the morning. For those who ask, I *think* it's because immigration is on tap all the time and can do both but customs is scheduled around official arrival times...something like that.

They should have went straight to port. Let anyone off who wanted off and then continued back to bayone. It has been rocky the whole way back.

Straight to what port? Not arguing with you; just honestly don't know where the ship was and what other options were available, when the decision was made to head back. I know there are limited places where this class of ship can dock.

Good for you! Did you use the money your saving with the 'shared drink package'?

most likely :rolleyes::rolleyes: BTW love the avatar!!

I came back to cruise critic after not cruising for about 10 years to get tips and read about being on the Anthem. I found 90% of what I read on this board was negative toward Anthem, especially in the food and service department. Most posts and reviews started like this: she is a beautiful ship... but....

The longer I lingered other things started to come out like the increase of the already outrageous drink prices on board, all the nickel and diming, etc.... and then this past weekend the experience of the poor passengers on board now.

Not to mention how rude some of the posters are with their responses. Its so weird. I post that we got an upgrade to a GS and get blasted for it. I'm making it up, RCCL doesn't do that, etc... Well they did do it. Our friend/travel agent got it for us. I'm grateful and love him for it. This is a special trip for us (the posters on this board even bashed me because I said its our anniversary cruise and we are not actually sailing on our anniversary. My husband gave it to me for our anniversary and had it booked for a future date when it was convenient for us to travel for that length of time! How do you bash someone for that and accuse them of lying about their anniversary).

If you find me to be negative I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm feeding off of what I have read on these very boards.

My opinion is as valid as any and I have a right to state it. "Great posters" are not only the posters that agree with your opinion.

So you complain about RCI, you complain about being nickel & dimed, you complain about the cost of your shared drink package, everything you read about Anthem is 90% negative - just how to you enjoy cruising? Seems to me if I didn't enjoy themed rides I wouldn't go to Disney World.

Also reserving judgement on this mess, just hoping everyone on board is okay.

Boom!

Good for you! Did you use the money your saving with the 'shared drink package'?

Oh no honey. We have decided to not buy into RCCL's inflated drink prices. We will be bringing water and soda and wine on board, having drinks in the ports and taking advantage of any free drinks we might get with suite perks/platinum whatever. But thanks for asking.

BOOM!

Edited by tbill

We're picking up the pilot ~6pm. Due to dock at 9pm. People are allowed to self-debark from 9-midnight. People who wish can spend the night onboard and it will be treated like a regular debark. People can self-debark beginning at 7. They will start calling numbers at 8.

Biggest difference is that we all get to through immigration between 9 and midnight. But, that cuts out the customs delay in the morning. For those who ask, I *think* it's because immigration is on tap all the time and can do both but customs is scheduled around official arrival times...something like that.

Visually, she is more than half way from A/C to Bayonne. I just wanted to supply the live cam. You know way more than me, and many CC members have been praying for all of you. Save journeys home!!:)

duplicate.

Sorry. With wi-fi opened up shipwide, it's gotten slower and occassionally flaky

Hope you see things improve soon. :) 3 hours under pilot is crazy long, so I hope everything is alright.

I would like to know how to filter out the crap so if you don't mind, PM me how to do it. My fear though is that once all the crap is filtered out there will be nothing left.

I'll need to hone my skills as well anyway cause I could not even figure out how to PM. But anyway, here is one way to add to the Ignore List.

First, Highlight the user name that you wish to ignore. Right Click & Copy.

Go into your "User Control Panel" then on the left, half way down the "Your Control Panel" click on Edit Ignore List. Right click and paste in the "Add a Member to Your List..." window and click OK.

Then, when their posts shows up in the thread all you will see is: This message is hidden because XXXXXXXX is on your ignore list.

You MUST RESIST the temptation to click the "View Post" You will also have the option to "Remove user from ignore list" if you wish

Voilà

dp

Edited by dpostman

Straight to what port? Not arguing with you; just honestly don't know where the ship was and what other options were available, when the decision was made to head back. I know there are limited places where this class of ship can dock.

Port Canaveral I believe. Their scheduled berth isn't capable of debarking efficiently though. Probably could have used one of the North Terminals

I'll need to hone my skills as well anyway cause I could not even figure out how to PM.

There is no PM feature here. :)

Then, when their post shows up in the thread all you will see is: This message is hidden because XXXXXXXX is on your ignore list.

However, you still see their post when someone else quotes him/her! Frustrating sometimes, but oh well. :D

I've heard they're cancelling all future cruises because they're sick and tired of people complaining about stupid insignificant stuff that in the grand scheme of things are completely unimportant.

Edited by miopyk

Port Canaveral I believe. Their scheduled berth isn't capable of debarking efficiently though. Probably could have used one of the North Terminals

But, the decision not to continue to PC was because there was a storm brewing out of Jacksonville which they were concerned might be almost as bad as the one we had just been through and they didn't want to put us through anything like that again.

Anthem of the Seas is currently north of Atlantic City. Below is a link to New York Harbor live cam where we can watch her come back....My guess is possibly 3pm

I doubt that it will be in NY harbor by 3pm as Marine Traffic is currently showing Anthem is about 45 nautical miles away and this ship is only doing 6.5 knots.

At its current speed it will be likely entering at around 8pm.

attachment.php?attachmentid=375907&d=1455127859

AnthemFeb10.jpg.7c3fa89cfb10b0814570cbd136507b99.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I've heard they're cancelling all future cruises because they're sick and tired of people complaining about stupid insignificant stuff that in the grand scheme of things are completely unimportant.

You are so right. Really. No really. Everything you say is very important to all of us. Tell us more. Please.

I came back to cruise critic after not cruising for about 10 years to get tips and read about being on the Anthem. I found 90% of what I read on this board was negative toward Anthem, especially in the food and service department. Most posts and reviews started like this: she is a beautiful ship... but....

The longer I lingered other things started to come out like the increase of the already outrageous drink prices on board, all the nickel and diming, etc.... and then this past weekend the experience of the poor passengers on board now.

Not to mention how rude some of the posters are with their responses. Its so weird. I post that we got an upgrade to a GS and get blasted for it. I'm making it up, RCCL doesn't do that, etc... Well they did do it. Our friend/travel agent got it for us. I'm grateful and love him for it. This is a special trip for us (the posters on this board even bashed me because I said its our anniversary cruise and we are not actually sailing on our anniversary. My husband gave it to me for our anniversary and had it booked for a future date when it was convenient for us to travel for that length of time! How do you bash someone for that and accuse them of lying about their anniversary).

If you find me to be negative I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm feeding off of what I have read on these very boards.

My opinion is as valid as any and I have a right to state it. "Great posters" are not only the posters that agree with your opinion.

Did your travel agent friend know you were planning on stealing drinks from Royal Caribbean? Please answer this question I am very curious what kind of TA would condone this thieving behavior? I am the one paying for your 'free drinks'!!!

Edited by TOPCATS2