Best place on Equinox to get (FREE) Breakfast in the morning

sprocket_007

Does anyone know if they serve basic ice coffee in the MDR? It doesn't need to be fancy, just not hot coffee poured over ice. Please let me know!

that would be classified as a specialty coffee and would incur a charge unless you have a drink package that includes it.

so either pour over ice yourself, or pay.

....we also love X's room service breakfast on the balcony, even if we only order pastries and coffee and not a full breakfast its awesome to use as a wake up call, they call and 5 minutes later my pot of coffee arrives, just enough time to get up and put a robe on....its one of our favorite things about cruising, especially on X

Isn't there a charge for room service on Celebrity?

Isn't there a charge for room service on Celebrity?

No charge for room service - other than tipping the server (not required - but nice to do.)

I like room service - but prefer the variety of food available at the Oceanview buffet. I will have to try what others have suggested and write in things for room service that might not be on the menu. We have an aft balcony on our upcoming cruise and I plan to take full advantage of it. (Even if I have to go up to the buffet, fill a plate and bring it back down myself :))

Hi All

I'm new to cruising and want to know where is the best place on the Equinox to get (FREE) Breakfast in the morning are there any hidden gems and what time are they served from and till?

I know there is always the option of room service. :rolleyes:

Different places on the ship are better for different items.

You are not restricted to only one place for breakfast, so after a few days you will have figured out what you like best from each, (if you are willing and able to move around).

Morning wake up room service coffee or tea on the balcony is always a good way to start the day. You can fill out what you want on one of the breakfast door hangers provided, check the time you want it, and put it out on your doorknob the night before.

They call you on the telephone in the morning to let you know that room service is on its way, which serves as a nice wake-up call.

For freshly made waffles hot off the griddle with your choice of toppings, you can't beat the waffle station up at the buffet.

All the regular sit-down restaurants have limited breakfast hours, so on mornings when we sleep in, we head for late breakfast (usually available until 11:30) up at the buffet, where they will cook eggs to order for you (including omelets with your choice of ingredients) right up until they close.

If we are very slow in the morning and miss even the late breakfast :eek:, lunch service starts a half hour later.

But it is really tough, having to endure a half hour wait in between with no food service.

However, we find that we can manage to endure such deprivation very well by heading over to Cafe Al Bacio and indulging in some of their great, free snacks to hold us over until lunch service begins. ;)

The hours for each venue will be posted, along with the activity schedule for the next day, in your copy of Celebrity Today that is left in your cabin each evening.

If you should lose it or forget it, extra copies are always available at Guest Relations.

Additionally, if you are anywhere near the front of the ship, also take a look at the breakfast items available at the Aqua Spa Cafe, in the solarium area.

It is available to all passengers, not only the ones staying in aqua class.

Hi! We have never done late seating but are seriously considering it since I have heard some horror stories about Celebrity Select dining and prefer to eat alone with my husband nightly and have the same wait staff each night. My question is, what time would the show begin for us? Would it be before or after our meal? Thanks for the help!

You would go to the early show at 7pm unless there is some sort of special event on board.

Not aware of any "horror stories" about Select dining but it does mean you might have to wait for a table, will have different staff many nights, and a table for two might mean a longer wait.

The waffle station works for me. :)

For freshly made waffles hot off the griddle with your choice of toppings, you can't beat the waffle station up at the buffet.

I think we have something in common. ;)

One good thing about the buffet for breakfast is that you can watch them making the omelets from some yellow soup. They also make the poached eggs and Eggs Benedict out of pre-poached eggs. Yuch. I think you can ask to have your breakfast made from freshly-cracked eggs, but that may be going the way of the fresh-squeezed orange juice.

One good thing about the buffet for breakfast is that you can watch them making the omelets from some yellow soup.

Or egg white omelets from white soup.

The first time I ever saw that, I thought it was what they were using to grease the pan and was horrified thinking they were using far too much :eek: until I realized what that white liquid really was.

Thanks everyone the original message was sent because we where told you could get breakfast at the Bistro on Five but they charged. Therefore we wondered where else's charged as well.

Looks like the Oceanview or MDR is the place to be or of course in your room!. Were not in a suite, AC or CC. This is our first cruise so sorry for the stupid question. At least this way we learn. ;)

Thanks everyone the original message was sent because we where told you could get breakfast at the Bistro on Five but they charged. Therefore we wondered where else's charged as well.

Looks like the Oceanview or MDR is the place to be or of course in your room!. Were not in a suite, AC or CC. This is our first cruise so sorry for the stupid question. At least this way we learn. ;)

I'm sorry if some replies made you think it was a stupid question. IMHO it was a perfectly legitimate question -- with all the revenue-enhancing changes on cruise lines lately there's no reason for anyone to assume that they don't charge for breakfast somewhere. And maybe we should keep quiet on the whole subject, before they think "Hey, not everybody eats breakfast anyway -- so let's make it an extra-cost option" :eek: