Better than ANY promotion

FredT

I am talking about the blog that Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek is writing daily on the new Koningsdam. To get daily glimpses on the progress of the new addition to the fleet is both fascinating and somewhat addicting, and no fancy press releases or glossy video can bring her to life as the Captains words are doing.

My complements to both the Captain, and the enlightened executives who have permitted (and encouraged???) him to do this for us.

I am talking about the blog that Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek is writing daily on the new Koningsdam. To get daily glimpses on the progress of the new addition to the fleet is both fascinating and somewhat addicting, and no fancy press releases or glossy video can bring her to life as the Captains words are doing.

My complements to both the Captain, and the enlightened executives who have permitted (and encouraged???) him to do this for us.

I agree - his Koningsdam blog is the best I have ever read. If HAL executives encouraged this, it is the best thing they have ever done as well.

Interesting... In todays entry the Captaain speaks about a new "DAM" ship already in the pipeline at the shipyards. Have I missed something here?

The Captain has mentioned several times that a second in this class vessel is due to follow in about two years. Not at all sure that any construction has yet begun.

A second, sister ship to Koningsdam was announced some time back. Reading Captain Albert's blog, you could infer that steel is already being cut for this new build to be delivered in 2018.

I think Captain Albert has been at the blogging and writing thing for a very long time. That HAL, in its infinite wisdom, permits him to do so is likely a very considered move on their part. I know I'm the better for it and appreciate this very candid look at the process. Carnival has allowed some of its key people to blog for a while. Remember Senior Cruise Director John Heald on the Splendor during it's crisis?