Clothing Souvenirs

SadieN

Does anyone else buy clothing on vacation? Not necessarily tourist T's but other things.

I seem to buy scarves and shoes. Last cruise I bought a huge pareo in Cabo to replace the one that DDtheYounger lost and a pair of leather flip flops at the mercado in La Paz.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Scarves, because I wear them almost every day, and they're easy to pack. Otherwise my souvenirs are usually grocery or drug store. Spices, new hand lotions etc. One recent trip to China - I came back with 5 scarves ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Scarves (almost everywhere), sun hats, shoes, socks and various regular clothing items (in Europe and NZ), silk in China and Vietnam; not clothing but anyway: inexpensive bags (China, Peru, Guatemala), unusual and inexpensive jewelry (from the artists).

I have leather coats from Italy, Turkey and Spain. Scarves from different countries in Europe. Swimsuit cover ups and flip flops from Caribbean islands and always a piece of jewelry. We just returned from a Panama canal cruise where my husband bought me an emerald necklace in Colombia and Jade earrings in Guatemala (both countries are known for their emeralds and jade). It's always fun to wear the items and remember the port we were in when we purchased the item. Memory game for each of us!

We usually end up with a few T-shirts too. My husband usually always seems to buy a leather belt and wallet.

I buy clothes on cruises too. Silk scarves in Turkey, beautiful tops in the Greek Islands, Batik items in St Kitts, and socks, hats, and gloves in Alaska. Every time I wear one of the items it reminds me of that cruise. :)

I should have bought more batik at that store in St. Kitts! It's wonderful! I also bought a broomstick skirt in a cool purple ombre at a store at the port there.

Scarves are a packable souvenir that I like to hunt for, too.

If I'm going somewhere where there is some specific item that I want to try to find and buy, I will make sure I have room in my bag to bring it home. Otherwise, I limit myself to scarves and jewelry for my treasures. My best souvenir was my leather jacket I bought in Florence at the Scuolo del Cuoio. My trip last year - I was thinking of a pair of boots in either Rome or Florence. None "called" to me. I ended up with a new watch from the ToyWatch store in Florence instead!

I'm assuming the scarves themselves are quite real, but the fabric is faux silk or faux cashmere??

Maybe faux as in fake designer, like knockoffs?

Scarves for me too, easy to find anywhere, easy to use back home, easy to give as gifts. My dad came back with a pile of scarves from China too, like the poster above. I love to look at jewelry too, but from local artisans, not fine jewelry, can't afford that. Perhaps accessories would be a better word.

I love hats but I have a stupidly small head, 6 3/4 so finding one to fit on a vacation would be near impossible. No one carries my size.