How old does an infant have to be to cruise

Herby

6 months in general. Same price, but no gratuities if less than 2.

Infant Policy

For all cruises (except Transatlantic, Hawaii, TransPacific and South America cruises), Infant guests are required to be at least six (6) months of age on embarkation day to be eligible to travel.

For Transatlantic, Hawaii, Transpacific and South America cruises, Infant guests are required to be at least twelve (12) months of age on embarkation day to be eligible to travel. This policy is in place due to the infant's vulnerable health. While at sea or in port the availability of medical care may be limited or delayed. Early infant care, in particular may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship or ashore in ports of call.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123/kw/gratuities

Pricing is the same, but you do not have to pay gratuities for cruisers under 2. Also, you will want to note that an infant is not allowed in any of the pools including the splash area if your ship has one. I am bringing my baby on my Vista cruise next year. I was pleased to see that Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean allows children under 2 into the facility on sea days from 8 am until 10 am when they open up for all other cruisers. You can stay with the child at no charge or drop them off for $6.75/hour plus gratuity. (At least this is what it said in the faq on the Carnival site).

2 of our DD's took a granddaughter when they were less than a year old. One on CCL and one on NCL. They both had wonderful times and both report that all of the crew from the room stewards to the MDR wait staff treated the little ones like visiting royalty. Even taking time out of their busy day to play peek-a-boo, holding the baby, or even wanting to have their pictures taken with the little one.

Edited by Papa_Bear_

2 of our DD's took a granddaughter when they were less than a year old. One on CCL and one on NCL. They both had wonderful times and both report that all of the crew from the room stewards to the MDR wait staff treated the little ones like visiting royalty. Even taking time out of their busy day to play peek-a-boo, holding the baby, or even wanting to have their pictures taken with the little one.

This makes me smile :-)

And are they cheaper or same price as any 3rd passenger would be regardless of age?

TIA,

Herb

6 months at the time of sailing as long as it's not international. They pay the same rate as any 3rd pax regardless of age, but are not charged gratuities till they are 2.

However, you may find with the attention they are given, you might find yourself throwing something at them.

At least 6 months for all cruises except European cruises, then it's 12 months.

And all passengers are priced the same regardless of age. Pricing is based on room type and occupancy.

Not so. It is six months for all cruises except those with three or more sea days in a row, and THEN they must be 12 months. So, they can sail in Europe, but not the Transatlantic/Transpacific. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Not so. It is six months for all cruises except those with three or more sea days in a row, and THEN they must be 12 months. So, they can sail in Europe, but not the Transatlantic/Transpacific. EM

That's not what the policy states that the previous poster put up from Carnival's website. I think if anything I omitted some sailings. I don't see anything about 3 or more sea days in a row needing to be 12 months.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Just so its clear:

Infant Policy

For all cruises (except Transatlantic, Hawaii, TransPacific and South America cruises), Infant guests are required to be at least six (6) months of age on embarkation day to be eligible to travel.

For Transatlantic, Hawaii, Transpacific and South America cruises, Infant guests are required to be at least twelve (12) months of age on embarkation day to be eligible to travel. This policy is in place due to the infant's vulnerable health. While at sea or in port the availability of medical care may be limited or delayed. Early infant care, in particular may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship or ashore in ports of call.

Doesn't say anything about Europe or three or more consecutive sea days.

And are they cheaper or same price as any 3rd passenger would be regardless of age?

TIA,

Herb

Not buying a berth, buying lifeboat space. A soul is a soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can anyone tell me if porta cribs are available, and if so, must they be requested prior to cruising?

Yes. Cribs available. We requested ours before hand. They are bigger than a pack and play but smaller than a full size crib. They are metal and on wheels. You should probably be able to get one on the ship as well without a prior request.

Live in L Dub also :)

photo from google.

6758348273_b161157577_z.jpg

4360061_orig.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

Remember to there is no insulation between cabins , so when the baby cries it is heard by people in cabins on both sides of you ... Had 1 on a cruise next door cried all the time ...

============================================

Same thing has happened to us several times.

This is the only problem I have with little ones and cruises.

If parents are going to bring babies and small children on cruises

-please be kind and considerate of your cabin mates next door.

The walls are very thin and you can hear everything, especially

in the middle of the night.

So when the baby cries and the parents let them cry themselves

back to sleep.....very frustrating :(

The walls are very thin and you can hear everything' date=' especially

back to sleep.....very frustrating :([/quote']

I have heard babies crying in hotel rooms from next door, as well as on planes. A cruise isnt any different. Babies cry. As a mom, you would know that sometimes they are inconsolable. That doesnt mean they are being left to "cry themselves to sleep." What do you expect people to do? Stop vacationing until the kids are old? Any place which has a "kids club" will have small children on it, especially a cruiseline which targets themselves as a family cruiseline. When we want to go somewhere away from kids, we go to an adults only resort.

The walls are very thin and you can hear everything' date=' especially

back to sleep.....very frustrating :([/quote']

Sorry, but if I'm in my cabin, that's the place I'm supposed to be if my baby was crying. I was fortunate I didn't have a cryer, so I could take my child almost anywhere.

I have heard babies crying in hotel rooms from next door, as well as on planes. A cruise isnt any different. Babies cry. As a mom, you would know that sometimes they are inconsolable. That doesnt mean they are being left to "cry themselves to sleep." What do you expect people to do? Stop vacationing until the kids are old? Any place which has a "kids club" will have small children on it, especially a cruiseline which targets themselves as a family cruiseline. When we want to go somewhere away from kids, we go to an adults only resort.

I totally agree that kids are going to cry at times, and generally my enjoyment watching them have fun outweighs any noise they make. I think we can also agree that the parents who take their kids to a late dinner and pay no attention to the kid screaming throughout the meal is the one you do not want in the cabin next to you.

OP, there are lots of great tips on the family board. Enjoy traveling with your child(ren). We did not have money enough to travel when our kids were young. We spent our time camping in tents. It would have been fun to be able to take them on a cruise.

I think that the crew should be paid regardless of what age the child is. I have seen the messes these babies make and the crew deserves a tip from EVERY passenger.

Not all parents leave a child's mess. And not all children make a mess.

Thanks for your response. I think that was a little distasteful of them to post that.

My son cruised for his first time at 6 months and 2 days old, which prompted the employee checking us in to ask if we had planned it that way. Of course we did! That time between 20 weeks pregnant until your baby reaches six months old is a long haul. ;) Have a fun trip with your little one.:)

Edited by jallison8378