Redneck Review of a Caribbean Cruise; short; Equinox 03/25; no pictures, just talk

RedneckBob

Hi y'all, Redneck Bob here !

Me and the Misses, Thelma, just completed our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox on 03/25, 10 day Caribbean. Actually this was our 4th cruise in 4 months, the prior cruises on Holland America, Oceania & Princess. I guess you can say we are equal opportunity cruisers.

We also joined the roll call for this cruise which was very active. But you know I can't believe how much people say on this RC that seems very personnel. If they want to expose themselves, go to Orient Beach in St Maarten!

The overall cruise experience was quite good. We had one of those special cabins; I believe they call a corsage cabin; with special things like bottle of champagne, snacks and a real breakfast room service menu, but no grits ! The ship was beautiful, but I guess most of you already know that. Now I will describe what we felt per category.

Food & Service: It was great except had some problems in MDR. Service at Breakfast and Lunch were best ever had. I think Celebirty tries to get to fancy at dinner; somethings on menu I had never heard of and I know most all parts of farm animals :eek: !

Entertainment: This was just ok. There was this comedy/magician who did some pretty weird things. His first trick was to blow up one of those long balloons, about two foot long; push it down his mouth until it disappeared. Then he appeared to have stomach problems; reached around to his butt and pulled out a balloon that looked like a dog. He called it, "wait for it", a SHIH TZU. Well I be dogged. But the best entertainer by far was Jayne Curry; excellent singer and performer.

Ports of Call: All very nice especially St Maarten; which I reference before. It definitely was clothing optional. One area was an old, I mean, all nude beach where no cameras were permitted. After viewing the merchandise, I don't know why anyone would want to take any pictures.

Well, I tried to keep it short.

Look for other RedneckBob reviews on other cruise lines

"I'm Redneck Bob and I see it like I tell it, I mean tell it like I see it"

One of the best reviews I have ever read Red :D

Thanks!

Dear A Sixth,

I would appreciate very much when addressing me please call me RedneckBob, Bob or just RNB.

Thanks

PS: I know what A Fifth of liquor is but what is "A Sixth"

Yours is the perfect review - short and sweet. No photographs. No details on wher you stayed before the cruise. No details about why you took the cruise and about your family. No pictures of your dog in spite of the fact that I am sure the it is really cute.

There should be a CC rule that no reviews should be so long and detailed that they take longer to read than the cruise took.

DON

Yours is the perfect review - short and sweet. No photographs. No details on wher you stayed before the cruise. No details about why you took the cruise and about your family. No pictures of your dog in spite of the fact that I am sure the it is really cute.

There should be a CC rule that no reviews should be so long and detailed that they take longer to read than the cruise took.

DON

Thank goodness, I'm not alone !

PS: I did stay in my house prior to the cruise just outside the port. It was attached to my pickup truck :D !

Thank goodness, I'm not alone !

PS: I did stay in my house prior to the cruise just outside the port. It was attached to my pickup truck :D !

Now pictures of your pickup truck might be acceptable and much more interesting than several pictures of the bathroom of the pre-cruise hotel you stayed out.

I am not a redneck but great minds think alike.

DON

Forgot to mention one thing.

Production Shows: Though the singers, dancers and acobats were very good, the shows were just ok. There were three shows at night plus one show in the afternoon that was called "Broadway in Love". The three night shows were "Life, "Destiny" and "Elysium". The problem I had with the shows are that 98% of the music I had never heard of. The "Broadway of Love" show was billed as "most endearing classics and newest smash hits alike"; maybe from some other planet. It was also said that these sounds were the singers personnel favorites.

Now that may be the problem. And this just does not pertain to Celebrity singers but most professional entertainers on cruise ships. They sing their personnel favorite and not what the passengers may like. Demographics are all over the place on these boats but during the Winter months on cruises 10 days or more, you will find an older crowd; more mature. So if you sing something new, few may no what it is.

Well I got a little long winded on this topic.

Good review, many purist might not like it LOL.

The music is selected by RCI entreatment division and the COPY RIGHT to use the music is paid, I have always thought that they use relative unknown pieces from big broadway shows etc. because the price for the Copyright is cheaper. But on occasion, when they have a group like a Queen tribute group it is the best of the best of that band has ever done, so who knows.

No matter what ship you are on, all the female and most male singers sound squeaky, and sometimes, unless the song has a known beat that you can recognize you have no idea what they are singing.

Good review, many purist might not like it LOL.

The music is selected by RCI entreatment division and the COPY RIGHT to use the music is paid, I have always thought that they use relative unknown pieces from big broadway shows etc. because the price for the Copyright is cheaper. But on occasion, when they have a group like a Queen tribute group it is the best of the best of that band has ever done, so who knows.

No matter what ship you are on, all the female and most male singers sound squeaky, and sometimes, unless the song has a known beat that you can recognize you have no idea what they are singing.

Thanks.

I understand. I agree with the squeaky song. My DW, Thelma, had to cover her ears during some of the production shows; the song was hurting them.

It was refreshing to see Jayne Curry perform 1-1/2 shows and every song she sang was not only something I had heard before but was done excellently. She got a standing ovation at the end of her shows.

Thought for the Day: You might be a Redneck if you think the Muster Station is a condiment bar for your hot dog :D !

I enjoyed your review. There is a book that you might like:

Redneckedness: Living with, loving & surviving a redneck

by Kit Frazier

Thanks. Probably want like book since I am beyond "Redneckedness".

Thought for the Day: You might be a Redneck if you and your DW first cruise was cruising the parking lot of Dairy Queen :D !