Indy has a different shop vendor - odd

So we do collect the ship magnets, preferably the oval shaped ones. Most ships have those shaped ones (even Celebrity). So most of our magnet match. I had to get an ugly square looking one for Indy years ago and the magnet won't even hold it to the wall anymore. I've been back on her three times total now, hoping to get the oval one and finding it odd, that they never have it. This time, I was discussing with the shop sales person when the manager came over and told me they will never carry it, because the Independence has a completely different vendor than the other Royal ship. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I was pretty bummed over that. I did go back to see other items I know are on other ships, like the musical pirate bear - nope they don't carry those either.

I also have been oasis two times and all I've got for them is the magnet in the shape of a ship.

Its sort of messing up my nice uniformity.

No, you don't, not this time! I confess, I had to look it up on the internet! Remember, I do not cook, except the bare minimum. You can buy them online though! :)

My sister is totally into cooking, trying recipes and fortunately living a block away, I get to try them! She knew clotted cream, me clueless!

No, you don't, not this time! I confess, I had to look it up on the internet! Remember, I do not cook, except the bare minimum. You can buy them online though! :)

My sister is totally into cooking, trying recipes and fortunately living a block away, I get to try them! She knew clotted cream, me clueless!

OK, I get it.:)

Those biscuits are sort of a running joke with Ocean Boy on this forum.

Always figured something was different about Indy, because no other ship carried clotted cream biscuits.

I will be investigating these biscuits this week. Where can they be found?

Clotted cream biscuits-sounds like something to cater for the UK market. A trip to Cornwall in the UK has to involve a box of souvenir biscuits :)

Absolutely, I always put a box in my gift bag if we do a gift exchange, along with a minature bottle of Cornish Mead and a Cornish Piskie. Perhaps the Americans who receive it don't like it:), I better think up something new for our Brilliance TA.

Julie

when Indy first came into service, she sailed out of the UK The vendors are managed by a UK company, and you will see a UK address for that company on your receipt from the shops. The shops on all other ships are managed by a US vendor company.

It seems the products you find in the shops on Indy are different from the rest of the ships.

So we do collect the ship magnets, preferably the oval shaped ones. Most ships have those shaped ones (even Celebrity). So most of our magnet match. I had to get an ugly square looking one for Indy years ago and the magnet won't even hold it to the wall anymore. I've been back on her three times total now, hoping to get the oval one and finding it odd, that they never have it. This time, I was discussing with the shop sales person when the manager came over and told me they will never carry it, because the Independence has a completely different vendor than the other Royal ship. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I was pretty bummed over that. I did go back to see other items I know are on other ships, like the musical pirate bear - nope they don't carry those either.

I also have been oasis two times and all I've got for them is the magnet in the shape of a ship.

Its sort of messing up my nice uniformity.

I get wanting the matching magnets, but that aside, this lamentation is interesting. I personally lament the homogenization of our entire world. The burger place I can find at my local mall now serves it's goods on cruise ships... Chili's wasn't content with just being a generic purveyor of mediocre assembly line food in suburbia, it now has to have a large operation on the Las Vegas Strip... McDonalds, KFC and Wendy's are global...

In the big picture, I would be THRILLED that Indy has a different vendor. Why does everything have to be the same? Sooner or later, there will be no reason to even leave home...

when Indy first came into service, she sailed out of the UK The vendors are managed by a UK company, and you will see a UK address for that company on your receipt from the shops. The shops on all other ships are managed by a US vendor company.

It seems the products you find in the shops on Indy are different from the rest of the ships.

True, several of us have mentioned that there is no proper logo shop in Indy like the other ships.

I get wanting the matching magnets, but that aside, this lamentation is interesting. I personally lament the homogenization of our entire world. The burger place I can find at my local mall now serves it's goods on cruise ships... Chili's wasn't content with just being a generic purveyor of mediocre assembly line food in suburbia, it now has to have a large operation on the Las Vegas Strip... McDonalds, KFC and Wendy's are global...

In the big picture, I would be THRILLED that Indy has a different vendor. Why does everything have to be the same? Sooner or later, there will be no reason to even leave home...

tacobell_demolitionman.jpg