1 night cruise--up sell to suite?

cat loving cruiser

Just got an email offering an upgrade from mini-suite to full suite for a 1 night cruise. Has anyone done a short cruise in a full suite? It would be $149 for the upgrade. I have never been in a suite before and don't know if I'll ever get the chance again, but also don't know if the suite perks are offered on a one-nighter or if we'll be in the cabin enough to make it worth it.

Any thoughts? It's on the Ruby from Vancouver to Seattle.

You would get the free mini bar setup and the priority embark/disembark. You would probably get the free dinner in the specialty restaurant and maybe be able to order room service breakfast/go to Sabatinis for breakfast before disembarking. Not sure you would get much else other than staying in the suite (which is a must-do at least once!)

You would get the free mini bar setup and the priority embark/disembark. You would probably get the free dinner in the specialty restaurant and maybe be able to order room service breakfast/go to Sabatinis for breakfast before disembarking. Not sure you would get much else other than staying in the suite (which is a must-do at least once!)

You would probably not get the free dinner in the specialty restaurant, since it is offered only on cruises of six nights or longer.

Breakfast at Sabatini's is usually not offered on disembarkation day, so you would probably not receive it.

You would get the full mini-bar setup. Good luck drinking it all in one night.:)

You could have dinner in your room on the first night from the full MDR menu, and you could have breakfast in your room the next morning from the full MDR menu.

For an upsell (not a free upgrade), you should receive two cruise credits instead of one. This could be helpful in getting to Platinum or Elite if you're not there yet.

If you are doing it for the double credits, make sure you check on the rules! I did an upsell into a suite and didn't receive double credits. When I asked, I was told that it only applies to full price suites as upgrades are not applicable, free or not! I was still on cloud 9 from the suite experience so didn't argue about it...but just check if that is the reason you are doing it!

If you are doing it for the double credits, make sure you check on the rules! I did an upsell into a suite and didn't receive double credits. When I asked, I was told that it only applies to full price suites as upgrades are not applicable, free or not! I was still on cloud 9 from the suite experience so didn't argue about it...but just check if that is the reason you are doing it!

If you paid for the upsell (not upgrade) call them back and tell the Captain Circle person that it did cost you to move to a suite. I have received 2 cruise credits for an upsell (not a free upgrade).

For one night? I wouldn't do it. But here are a few things to consider for yourself:

1. Priority Boarding. You cruise will start a few hours early...have lunch in the main dining room, usually deck 6.

2. Order the prime rib dinner for room service. Better than standing in that long crazy line where nobody knows where they are going. Ask your steward for a MDR dinner and breakfast menu.

3. Priority disembarkation. You still need to be out of your room by 8 or 9 AM...but you may have a full breakfast in your stateroom.

4. Enjoy your mini bar or you can always trade it in for 2 coffee cards (about $80 value) for future cruises.

5. Instead of going to the hot tubs, enjoy the one in your stateroom.

6. If you are on specific ships, you may have free use of the Thermal Spas...nice.

I did it!! Booked a penthouse suite. I realize it's not a bargain, and it's only 1 night, but it's a graduation celebration for me (finally finishing my degree!) and I don't know that I will ever be able to get into a suite again.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and experiences--the CC community is always helpful. :) Have a great day!

I did it!! Booked a penthouse suite. I realize it's not a bargain, and it's only 1 night, but it's a graduation celebration for me (finally finishing my degree!) and I don't know that I will ever be able to get into a suite again.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and experiences--the CC community is always helpful. :) Have a great day!

Congratulations on completing your degree. Glad you are going to celebrate. May this be the first of many cruises with Princess. They do have a great loyalty program.

Congrats! We've done the upgrade before, and even though it's only for one night, it still is a lot of fun to be in a suite.

If you paid for the upsell (not upgrade) call them back and tell the Captain Circle person that it did cost you to move to a suite. I have received 2 cruise credits for an upsell (not a free upgrade).

For one night? I wouldn't do it. But here are a few things to consider for yourself:

1. Priority Boarding. You cruise will start a few hours early...have lunch in the main dining room, usually deck 6.

2. Order the prime rib dinner for room service. Better than standing in that long crazy line where nobody knows where they are going. Ask your steward for a MDR dinner and breakfast menu.

3. Priority disembarkation. You still need to be out of your room by 8 or 9 AM...but you may have a full breakfast in your stateroom.

4. Enjoy your mini bar or you can always trade it in for 2 coffee cards (about $80 value) for future cruises.

5. Instead of going to the hot tubs, enjoy the one in your stateroom.

6. If you are on specific ships, you may have free use of the Thermal Spas...nice.

Based on the two coffee cards to be used on a future cruise believe I would take it for the experience

In that case I think it was a great decision. Congratulations and enjoy your suite!

Enjoy the suite life. We turned down a similar upsell for a 3-night cruise, but we already get the mini bar for being Elite and were staying on for a 4-night cruise afterwards. We still ended up having to move cabins, but at least the second one was as nice as the first one.

Congratulations!Enjoy your suite!