Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

On Jewel TA, 4/28-5/13, there were Welcome Back and Top Tier parties. On 10 nt MED cruise no more Welcome Back party.....only Top Tier.

On the Ovation to Dubai , May 10th sailing and there is NONE of the above.

The VOOM internet is a failure so far. Lucky to get 2 or 3 very very slow hours on the net. IF you are lucky to stay on.

As for the C&A ambassador , they left nothing in my room , it was like we are not even here.

Wait sorry but we did get or welcome back gift on day 4.

Such as huge and sad difference from our April 27 TA on the Brilliance of the Sea.

Edited by TheMiz

The VOOM internet is a failure so far. Lucky to get 2 or 3 very very slow hours on the net. IF you are lucky to stay on.

As for the C&A ambassador , they left nothing in my room , it was like we are not even here.

There´s no welcome back gift anymore. They´ve stopped this for years. Only kids are supposed to get something. Or are you talking about the cookies and Drinks?

Have you checked the messages on your TV? On Quantum class they tend not to hand out any paper anymore. Invitations are on the screen.

You still can contact the C&A ambassador.

steamboats

There´s no welcome back gift anymore. They´ve stopped this for years. Only kids are supposed to get something. Or are you talking about the cookies and Drinks?

Have you checked the messages on your TV? On Quantum class they tend not to hand out any paper anymore. Invitations are on the screen.

You still can contact the C&A ambassador.

steamboats

Good luck finding the C&A ambassador they are all busy tending , not sure how to put this but guest that will find home at the final ports.

Yes of course i have checked the messages on the TV

As for the gift , as I said it arrived on day 4 and it was not the cookies which btw is much smaller than the Cookies and Nuts package from the cruise prior to May 1st which was the April 27th TA leading up to this adventure.

I am not sure why you don't get them, have you updated your C&A account ?

We do for some odd reason get 2 compasses each night.

Edited by TheMiz

Such as huge and sad difference from our April 27 TA on the Brilliance of the Sea.

On Quantum to Dubai, we were told that VOOM was only in Caribbean (after many had paid for internet)

We were on the cruise before yours and they had a party for Gold, Platinum and Emerald and a separate party for Diamond and above. The invitations were on the screen in the cabin.

Voom was working fine as far as I'm aware. We got the basic package which wasn't even as slow as you describe.

We had our D+ gift but the other gifts (which you get as Diamond) weren't in our cabin. A quick trip to the LA sorted that and they were delivered the same day.

Edited by Bobal

We were on the cruise before yours and they had a party for Gold, Platinum and Emerald and a separate party for Diamond and above. The invitations were on the screen in the cabin.

Voom was working fine as far as I'm aware. We got the basic package which wasn't even as slow as you describe.

We had our D+ gift but the other gifts (which you get as Diamond) weren't in our cabin. A quick trip to the LA sorted that and they were delivered the same day.

Some of our non internet issues could be our stateroom attendant , we ask him a question and his reply is" I need to check with my supervisor"

Some of our non internet issues could be our stateroom attendant , we ask him a question and his reply is" I need to check with my supervisor"

Just off the previous Ovation cruise and we had the poorest room attendant ever.....she was Chinese as were so many of the staff, and really did not understand much English and although the room was kept clean lots of things were neglected.

Her training seems to have been at best inadequate.

I am sure when her guests can speak Mandarin she will be much better.

Oh I hate that. At least it wasn't like the time he insisted on speaking with his supervisor. We had a battery operated candle and he kept repeating "no candles". Explanations didn't seem to register. Supervisor came, took one look and left.

It is not some bare sign that has the words "Gold Only"

It is a sign with a PICTURE of a gold card. The SeaPass of a gold C&A member does NOT look like that picture.

FamilyCruise2011418.jpg

BUT... my first experience it didn't have a picture. It said the word "Gold" and gave a description about a gold SeaPass. No photo, no image. It was only my 2nd cruise and my wife wasn't much help. Despite my wife having been on several cruises, her family (I still can't figure this out, but we have done the retroactive thing since and found them) didn't bother joining any frequent cruiser clubs so she wasn't familiar with any of it either.

It wasn't like I confused a Gold card for the simple word gold. Even the crew member told me that they needed to put some sort of picture explaining the difference.

Like I said, I got the concept once they explained it, but I saw something about "Gold SeaPasses Only" and saw that my SeaPass had Gold on it.

On Brilliance there was a breakfast in Giovanni's for full suites and Pinnacle members, but I did not see a Diamond section for breakfast in the MDR.

Bob, we as D+ were welcomed into Giovanni's for full breakfast on Brilliance this last January, though the concierge

in the CL never gave us our usual welcome letter to let us know that. We found out from another D+ member half

through the cruise. There was no concierge assigned to DL on that cruise, but they were trying to bring one in to

replace the departing DL concierge...thus this became the blame of no letter sent out. :rolleyes:

The breakfast was a nice perk, and totally unexpected. Wish the other three sisters did that. :)

Edited by island lady

Bob, we as D+ were welcomed into Giovanni's for full breakfast on Brilliance this last January, though the concierge

in the CL never gave us our usual welcome letter to let us know that. We found out from another D+ member half

through the cruise. There was no concierge assigned to DL on that cruise, but they were trying to bring one in to

replace the departing DL concierge...thus this became the blame of no letter sent out. :rolleyes:

The breakfast was a nice perk, and totally unexpected. Wish the other three sisters did that. :)

Thanks for the info. As I think back, I believe I got Brilliance and Vision mixed up because one was December and the other was January.

Thanks for the info. As I think back, I believe I got Brilliance and Vision mixed up because one was December and the other was January.

That does tend to happen as we age and have a "few" cruises in our memory

banks. ;)

:p :p

Wow longest thread I've ever seen. I'll need some time and 3 drinks to read it all! Just throwing in my 2 cents in case Royal Caribbean is monitoring this thread.

DH and I went completely loyal to RC since becoming Diamond and are almost playing a game to get to D+ faster. We've even stepped up our cruising over land vacations. We've got our next 4 RC cruises booked now. Both the Concierge Lounge access and the reserved seating seemed to entice us. Now that the rules are changing, we are FREE to book Celebrity, Princess, HAL and others once again! There is no longer a reason to only book Royal Caribbean. Diamond+ does not seem to have a hold on us anymore..

Not sure if it is good or bad for us ..... but I think if other people feel this way it is bad for Royal Caribbean :rolleyes:

Edited by Lileesa
spelling

Wow longest thread I've ever seen. I'll need some time and 3 drinks to read it all! Just throwing in my 2 cents in case Royal Caribbean is monitoring this thread.

DH and I went completely loyal to RC since becoming Diamond and are almost playing a game to get to D+ faster. We've even stepped up our cruising over land vacations. We've got our next 4 RC cruises booked now. Both the Concierge Lounge access and the reserved seating seemed to entice us. Now that the rules are changing, we are FREE to book Celebrity, Princess, HAL and others once again! There is no longer a reason to only book Royal Caribbean. Diamond+ does not seem to have a hold on us anymore..

Not sure if it is good or bad for us ..... but I think if other people feel this way it is bad for Royal Caribbean :rolleyes:

Rules really haven't changed yet. But this thread is a lot of fun

Rules really haven't changed yet. But this thread is a lot of fun

How many changes do you need to see before you agree that the rules have changed? No welcome back party. Meal with an officer split. D+ not allowed in some lounges. Welcome gift no longer includes small bottles of wine. No more upgraded bathroom amenities in non-suites. I think I may have missed a few. It seems like we were threatened with some "large" changes and when they didn't happen, Royal was able to slip in lots of little ones with no uproar. Maybe they are more cleaver than we give them credit for.

How many changes do you need to see before you agree that the rules have changed? No welcome back party. Meal with an officer split. D+ not allowed in some lounges. Welcome gift no longer includes small bottles of wine. No more upgraded bathroom amenities in non-suites. I think I may have missed a few. It seems like we were threatened with some "large" changes and when they didn't happen, Royal was able to slip in lots of little ones with no uproar. Maybe they are more cleaver than we give them credit for.

Beaver? ;)

If you're not going to vote with your wallet can you really be surprised when they keep taking away more and more?

Welcome back for Platinum and up is still on. Splitting meal is not the same as ending it. D+ still have a fine lounge in every instance. The little wine was awful, I prefer beer. The soap in the dispenser is fine with me.

Anyway, I didn't say there were no changes. ;)

I have them. As a matter of fact, my marvelous cabin steward brings new ones almost every day!

Could be because you're in a JS. I have no knowledge of that change anyway, but i really don't care.

I bring my own preferred stuff so has never made a huge deal to me. I like the upgraded shower gel though. But find it hard to believe if I asked my cabin steward he wouldn't bring it.

The shower gel is an EXCELLENT laundry soap. ;)