Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Well then, one wife up for trade. Comes with Diamond status.

Not necessarily. Now this is getting a little legalistic so Bob can correct me if I'm wrong but if her status is as a result of being married to you and not her own points and you get divorced and then you remarry, the Diamond status would be removed from her and transferred to your new wife. Is your head spinning yet?:p

Edited by CptSticky

Not necessarily. Now this is getting a little legalistic so Bob can correct me if I'm wrong but if her status is as a result of being married to you and not her own points and you get divorced and then you remarry, the Diamond status would be removed from her and transferred to your new wife. Is your head spinning yet?:p

It seems her stock is plummeting:eek:

I think he can forfeit the diamond status to his X in the divorce settlement which will clear the way for immediate Pinnacle status when he says those beautiful words... "I Do".

To my knowledge, C&A does not demote anyone if they unlink from a relationship.

The only time I know that they routinely demote someone is if that person was a child linked to a parent's account, and for whatever reason, Royal did not unlink the child when they turned 18. If Royal finds the child was linked too long, they will demote the child to whatever level the parent had when the child turned 18.

Edited by clarea

Sure, but Quantum isn't that way, correct. Plus half the CK eligible passengers don't have access to the SL.

It is true that JS can use the CK in the evening. However I view the CK as primarily a suite perk so why not make it as convenient as possible for the suite guests. In the daytime breakfast and lunch are served to suite and pinnacle guests in the CK and beer and wine are available in the SL from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm. Plus the concierge desk in the SL. All in one close area.

It is true that JS can use the CK in the evening. However I view the CK as primarily a suite perk so why not make it as convenient as possible for the suite guests. In the daytime breakfast and lunch are served to suite and pinnacle guests in the CK and beer and wine are available in the SL from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm. Plus the concierge desk in the SL. All in one close area.

Well, I guess you could put it where the DL and what's left of the VCL on Liberty. That will go over well. :eek:;):rolleyes:

The only time I know that they routinely demote someone is if that person was a child linked to a parent's account, and for whatever reason, Royal did not unlink the child when they turned 18. If Royal finds the child was linked too long, they will demote the child to whatever level the parent had when the child turned 18.

Someone posted recently that he broke up with his SO. His new SO was going on a cruise with him, and when he went to add her, RC supposedly unlinked the old one. Not sure of the details. I forget the poster's name.

Someone posted recently that he broke up with his SO. His new SO was going on a cruise with him, and when he went to add her, RC supposedly unlinked the old one. Not sure of the details. I forget the poster's name.

I just tried to find that thread because I remember the discussion too, couldn't find the right one though.

That sounds normal that the first SO would be unlinked when the second SO was linked. However, the first SO should not be demoted when unlinked. They could be Diamond level with 7 points.

Well, I guess you could put it where the DL and what's left of the VCL on Liberty. That will go over well. :eek:;):rolleyes:

From several reports, the SL on the Liberty is practically empty. A CK might put a little life into it. I have not been on the Liberty since its major dry dock so don't know what is feasible in the space they have.

From several reports, the SL on the Liberty is practically empty. A CK might put a little life into it. I have not been on the Liberty since its major dry dock so don't know what is feasible in the space they have.

An actual CK would not be practical in the suite lounge on Liberty as it is not that big to have it combined. May be some other location on the ship would work, but not there.

Edited by SULROSS

OH my poor liver. 11:00 to 11:00. Able to bring on board two bottles, 3 bottles delivered to my room, 3 1/2 hours of free cocktails and now this! Oh my poor liver.:o

Is the Suite Lounge drinkies from 11am to 11pm just the Oasis Class ships?

That sounds normal that the first SO would be unlinked when the second SO was linked. However, the first SO should not be demoted when unlinked. They could be Diamond level with 7 points.

Sorry Bob, but they are demoted. Once delinked you are on your own with points earned. I know a Pinnacle male who divorced his wife and since he had cruised solo many times, she was demoted to D+. His SO became Pinnacle as soon as he had her linked to his account. Not fair but how it is done.

You would be there if they went by number booked vs number actually taken.:D

She would be ahead of Mario if they went by the number held.:p;)

I could be P++:D:eek:

Me thinks you guys are picking on me

Edited by molly361

Sorry Bob, but they are demoted. Once delinked you are on your own with points earned. I know a Pinnacle male who divorced his wife and since he had cruised solo many times, she was demoted to D+. His SO became Pinnacle as soon as he had her linked to his account. Not fair but how it is done.

Question, if they both sailed the exact same amount when divorced would they not have maintained the same level?

Yep. Happened to us....almost. They tried in 2010, but I kicked a fuss big-time. I told them if they put it in writing with names, addresses, and C&A numbers in 2001 that the whole family was Diamond, and they don't state in writing about the demotion, then it's unethical in 2010 to demote them. They finally gave up and left my sons and DIL as D.

Good thing I kept that letter!

Yes, you keep the level you have actually sailed. I would still be D and my husband would be Emerald, fir instance

That's what I thought too. I know, at least in our house, there is no way one is going on a cruise without the other.:D