Koningsdam Verandah Stateroom In Depth Walkthrough (Room 5113)

InTheWASide

We were in a balcony stateroom and the table did not elevate. As a result, after one attempt at eating breakfast in the room (something we have really enjoyed on other ships), we gave up. There was no place where we could comfortably dine in our room. Sure wish those tables that raise up had been onboard!

Thank you so much for your response. The pictures of the balconies on HAL's website do show a higher round table on the K's balconies, but I am not seeing it on any of the live pictures that wonderful cruisers are posting. Of course, some balconies may be simply too small for the table.

I am hoping that this is simply a growing pain of the new ship as not being able to dine on the balcony will be a deal breaker for us. We have a cruise booked on the K for later this year. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a table for in cabin dining options.

Thank you so much for your response. The pictures of the balconies on HAL's website do show a higher round table on the K's balconies, but I am not seeing it on any of the live pictures that wonderful cruisers are posting. Of course, some balconies may be simply too small for the table.

I am hoping that this is simply a growing pain of the new ship as not being able to dine on the balcony will be a deal breaker for us. We have a cruise booked on the K for later this year. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a table for in cabin dining options.

We were in one of the Beethoven staterooms with the extra deep balconies. Great to have all that space but, in spite of the space, we had one very small side table, two chairs and one footrest. We understand this furniture configuration on a standard balcony where space is more limited, but for what we booked, we had hoped for more. So, for us, no in room or balcony dining.

• 2 years later...

we are booked on Koningsdam cabin 8080 that has much larger veranda i was hoping to find out if they will provide larger table because we love to eat breakfast and lunch  daily on our balcony and so far  all we seen are the small size tables round tables  on all Konindam verandas, just small enough to place 2 drinks or 2 cups of cafe  ! any info will be appreciated if larger tables will be provided by request  on big balcony like in  cabin 8080 

I stayed in neighboring 5111 for the 12-day Iberian Adventure.  5111 also has an expanded balcony.  I overpack and had plenty of closet space.  If you need more hangers just ask your steward for them.  On the extended cruise I got my money's worth out of the unlimited laundry.    If you get the bag to your stewards early in the morning it is there in the afternoon.  Just remember to put your room # on the form.  :classic_blush: I forgot that one time and wondered where my wash was.   

I traveled solo and this was the first time in a non-Neptune and I was extremely happy with 5111.  Although near the elevators there was no problem at night.  I had a adjoining room with my travel agent friend who is an insomniac.  Although I left the door cracked for her in case of an emergency there was no noise problems through that door.  Not only was the room beautiful it was very convenient.    Our stewards were excellent.  They covered most of that very long hall.   

Thank you so much for posting the pictures!  We will be in this cabin for our 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise in late March.  I understand the K is going into dry dock in December.  Do you think they might add the loungers and higher table to the deeper veranda cabins during that time.  We had an extra deep veranda on the Nieu Amsterdam several years ago and the 2 loungers made the cruise very nice for us. 

I like to have breakfast in the cabin and I guess I will have to eat it at the desk -- my husband gets up early and eats at the Lido.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post this!  We are really looking forward to the cruise.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but thank you to the OP for posting photos. Our upcoming cruise has us in the same cabin but on the opposite side of the ship (V5096). I have been searching for photos and this is great. Cant wait. I love the deep balcony as sun exposure is an issue for me. 

On 11/14/2018 at 9:00 AM, honey-bunny said:

we are booked on Koningsdam cabin 8080 that has much larger veranda i was hoping to find out if they will provide larger table because we love to eat breakfast and lunch  daily on our balcony and so far  all we seen are the small size tables round tables  on all Konindam verandas, just small enough to place 2 drinks or 2 cups of cafe  ! any info will be appreciated if larger tables will be provided by request  on big balcony like in  cabin 8080 

My friends were in 8080 two weeks ago and the tables were very small.  They tried to eat dinner in the cabin and it not not work our well.  They also hated the toliet placement, as they are fairly tall.

On 4/24/2016 at 2:57 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you for the pictures.

Not much drawer or closet space.

I see that you have to insert your card (like on the Nieuw Amsterdam) to turn on the lights.

I'm hoping that either a) the charging ports still charge when the card is not in the slot; or b) any card similar in size to room key will allow the lights, etc. to work.

• 4 weeks later...