Crown & Anchor status change mid cruise

On my next cruise, I will make the next level of C&A status by day 3. Will I earn the status while onboard, along with any additional benefits, or will it not take place until the cruise is completed?

On my next cruise, I will make the next level of C&A status by day 3. Will I earn the status while onboard, along with any additional benefits, or will it not take place until the cruise is completed?

The change will occur a few weeks after the cruise has been completed.

Your C & A status changes after the cruise - but be sure to go to the C & A rep on the ship after you board - perhaps there may be something he/she can offer to you during your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This question is posted here at least once a week.

As everything published by Royal Caribbean tells you, cruise points are awarded AFTER your cruise has been completed.

You do not have those points until after your cruise.

For quite some time now, points have posted exactly six days after disembarkation for me. YMMV.

Your status will update at that time.

You will be able to enjoy your new status on the following cruise.

No such thing as "change mid-cruise" unless you are attaining Pinnacle status. That's the only one that is recognized the day you hit the points.

Most everyone will hit a status level (point wise) during a cruise. It's more common than not, but you have to complete the cruise as others have stated.

This question is posted here at least once a week.

As everything published by Royal Caribbean tells you, cruise points are awarded AFTER your cruise has been completed.

You do not have those points until after your cruise.

For quite some time now, points have posted exactly six days after disembarkation for me. YMMV.

Your status will update at that time.

You will be able to enjoy your new status on the following cruise.

Good explanation!

No such thing as "change mid-cruise" unless you are attaining Pinnacle status. That's the only one that is recognized the day you hit the points.

Most everyone will hit a status level (point wise) during a cruise. It's more common than not, but you have to complete the cruise as others have stated.

And that can be iffy according to some people.

I have a related question about this. Some have reported points hitting 6 days to weeks after your cruise. What if you attain a status level during the first lef of a B2B? Can you expect your new status to be recognized on the second leg?

I have a related question about this. Some have reported points hitting 6 days to weeks after your cruise. What if you attain a status level during the first lef of a B2B? Can you expect your new status to be recognized on the second leg?

I think if you are proactive and set expectations with the LA you have a better chance. Slightly different scenario, but we were to earn a Crystal Block on Brilliance and needed the points from our Enchantment cruise a few days prior. Let LA know what we were expecting, and it happened

Call crown and anchor before you get on 1st leg of the cruise. Go to speak directly with the Crown and Anchor rep on board during first leg.

Enjoy your extra benefits when it happens. You earned it.

definitely call beforehand. This happened to us and we got the higher benefits because we called beforehand.

I just got through Brilliance early this month and there current standand answer is 14 days after your sail LA and Corporate, and nor did they care. Via the image you can see how well my b2b2b went on tier changing with a 4 day leaway and only being mention 4 times that I was on for an additional leg!7fb77b3ce0c7c795f34bba0999d74533.jpg

No wow service from her. She said she changed my tier. She ment to say she put a shiney sticker on my card. I was charged the Platinum rate. I gave up with the LA on Brilliance. She really did not speak or understand English. Nor did she know how to use a computer.

Good luck towards getting your new tier of Platinum onboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

unless you are making PINNACLE by Day three, your status will not change until after the cruise has been completed.

that one is fairly easy. you visit the Loyalty Ambassador during the first week., they can easily look you up, verify/confirm your impending status change and ensure that your second leg you will get the new updated benefits. might just be a sticker on the second sea pass card, or it could be a fully integrated one.

Thanks spookwife. We are about embark on a B2B. During the first leg we would move from Platinum to Emerald. Due to the fact that the differences between the two different levels, I wasn't going to worry about not getting the Emerald perks during the second leg.

I just need to re-lookup the additional benefits for Emerald to see if it is worth my while to contact C&A

that one is fairly easy. you visit the Loyalty Ambassador during the first week., they can easily look you up, verify/confirm your impending status change and ensure that your second leg you will get the new updated benefits. might just be a sticker on the second sea pass card, or it could be a fully integrated one.

Again it all depends on the person, and how much they want to work and do, and actually complete it correctly, because the LA I dealt with wasn't able to accomplish the change correctly; it was corporate who accomplish it. You are correct there is not much difference at Platinum.

Thanks spookwife. We are about embark on a B2B. During the first leg we would move from Platinum to Emerald. Due to the fact that the differences between the two different levels, I wasn't going to worry about not getting the Emerald perks during the second leg.

I just need to re-lookup the additional benefits for Emerald to see if it is worth my while to contact C&A

The biggest difference that maybe important to you maybe internet and laundry costs! It is not much of a difference money saved is money saved.

Again I didn't have such a great experience. The LA lied about switching me up to Emerald and costed me money on the items mentioned. I was charged at platinum rate. It was corporate that finally changed me with you were supposed to wait 14 days. I didn't bother to go get my sticker again, although again I was charged at platinum for internet. Although I should pushed hard to see if they would of given me my Diamond benefits on that last 4 day leg!

Here is wishing you a much nicer experience. Happy cruising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That is one nice thing about Carnival. If you are going to earn enough points mid-cruise, they allow you to cruise the entire voyage at the new level.

Yes that is about the only thing that is better about Carnival's loyalty program.