Global entry

RNGALNG

Yes, we both have SWA RR accounts and our RR numbers are listed on the current SWA reservation. So, it sounds like after I get the Trusted Traveler number, I just go to the SWA website and add that in? And, hopefully the system will know to add it to my existing reservation for TSA pre?

That sounds simple enough and hopefully it works! :)

What would work for sure is just calling SWA and asking for the number to be added.

How do I check for earlier openings? I am in ATL and have a 9/5 (Labor Day) appointment at the airport location.

When I log in, do I select "reschedule appointment" to check for earlier openings? I don't want to lose my 9/5 appointment! Thanks for any advice!

How do I check for earlier openings? I am in ATL and have a 9/5 (Labor Day) appointment at the airport location.

When I log in' date=' do I select "reschedule appointment" to check for earlier openings? I don't want to lose my 9/5 appointment! Thanks for any advice![/quote']

Yes, "reschedule appointment" to make changes. Then I would click on the monthly tab.

Just don't select "cancel appointment."

Yes, we both have SWA RR accounts and our RR numbers are listed on the current SWA reservation. So, it sounds like after I get the Trusted Traveler number, I just go to the SWA website and add that in? And, hopefully the system will know to add it to my existing reservation for TSA pre?

That sounds simple enough and hopefully it works! :)

Adding it to your rapid rewards was only the first step. We called SW and followed the prompts to talk to an agent about an existing reservation. She acknowledged she did not see the KTN I had in my profile. She deleted the rapid rewards number for me and Mrs. Dudleydog73 and readded it. After she did that refresh our KTNs were visible to her in the reservation.

Our American Airlines legs were a bit easier as after adding our KTNs we could go into passenger info on our existing reservations and see that the KTN was already added in there.

Edited by Dudleydog73

Adding it to your rapid rewards was only the first step. We called SW and followed the prompts to talk to an agent about an existing reservation. She acknowledged she did not see the KTN I had in my profile. She deleted the rapid rewards number for me and Mrs. Dudleydog73 and readded it. After she did that refresh our KTNs were visible to her in the reservation.

Our American Airlines legs were a bit easier as after adding our KTNs we could go into passenger info on our existing reservations and see that the KTN was already added in there.

Thanks. I will be sure to call!

We submitted our paperwork May 13th, received conditional approval on May 22nd, our first appointment wasn't until November, kept checking and got appointments for last night. Our appointments were for last night at 7:00 and 7:15. We were both out of there at 7:07. Quick and easy. One question, finger printing and done! I checked email this morning and our approval was there.

The waiting for an appointment is obviously the worst part. Now...to amend our upcoming flights with our KTN!

Edited by DentoAlaska

Just got our notice to schedule interview, Cincinnati first interview available is March 8. Not exactly what others on here have experienced.

Keep double checking for cancellations.

Just got our notice to schedule interview, Cincinnati first interview available is March 8. Not exactly what others on here have experienced.

You are not alone with the long, long wait time. We did our applications back in May, got initial approval approximately a week later, but when we looked at the interview options, our choices were limited to Warwick RI and Boston MA. So we grabbed the first open dates, mid-January 2017.

We'll be in CA next month and in FL in October, so we plan to carry our info with us just in case we find an open slot or walk-in option. Not too hopeful, but we'll try. In between these travel dates, we will also be in Europe and I dread the long, slow line at Logan [bOS] when we return.

Darcy

For those who don't have Global Entry yet or haven't had your interview yet - Look into Mobile Passport App (free).

I saw this recently and had never heard of this:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/free-app-breeze-airport-customs-170809506.html

Government app that if used, you can use a special line that should be less crowded.

Edited by Coral

For those who don't have Global Entry yet or haven't had your interview yet - Look into Mobile Passport App (free).

Government app that if used, you can use a special line that should be less crowded.

I haven't yet to notice the Mobil Passport Control (MPC) at the Ft Lauderdale Customs check. Did they set it up lately? If the line is as short as the Global Entry it might be a time saver.

Whoops. I just finished listening to the video & heard that it's for airports only.

Edited by floridalover5623

We'll be in CA next month and in FL in October, so we plan to carry our info with us just in case we find an open slot or walk-in option. Not too hopeful, but we'll try. In between these travel dates, we will also be in Europe and I dread the long, slow line at Logan [bOS] when we return.

Darcy

When you're in CA, if you're anywhere near Calexico, check on the wait time. I looked a week ago and you could get an appt. next day.

That could speed up Customs and Immigration but the real issue is TSA security screening. Returning to the U.S. in 2014 in Philadelphia, Customs and Immigration took just a few minutes but after we got our bags the line at TSA to get to our connecting flight took well over 90 minutes while we saw TSA PreCheck passengers skipping the line. TSA PreCheck is a major benefit with Global Entry.

That could speed up Customs and Immigration but the real issue is TSA security screening. Returning to the U.S. in 2014 in Philadelphia, Customs and Immigration took just a few minutes but after we got our bags the line at TSA to get to our connecting flight took well over 90 minutes while we saw TSA PreCheck passengers skipping the line. TSA PreCheck is a major benefit with Global Entry.

A friend just went through Detroit and the time she was there, it was Customs that was a huge backlog. There were 4 international planes landing at the same time. An hour later, it may have been fine. She is now considering GE because of that experience.

We had a very strange experience. We had an appointment for mid-August; as of last week, no appointment were available until mid-October, but I kept checking...for whatever reason, I checked last Saturday (July 2), and all of a sudden, July and August were WIDE OPEN! I quickly grabbed two appointments for Sunday morning at 11 and 11:15 (only one other appointment was showing for that day). We got to the airport early, were taken before 10:30 (together), and even with computer problems, were both out a little after 11:00. We had our approval emails before we even left the airport.

Oddly, the agent who interviewed us told us that they were solidly booked for the whole day...I have no idea why the calendar I looked at, and booked through, showed every day as having availability, but I'm not complaining...someone was watching out for us last weekend! :D

The only "gotcha" with TSA PreCheck could be if your airline doesn't participate in PreCheck. We are flying to London in August on British Airways and they don't participate in PreCheck so we will be prepared for the long security lines.

We have other flights scheduled on Southwest and United later in the year and had no problem adding our KTN to our reservations.

Edited by DentoAlaska

I got my Global Entry Conditional Approval this morning, YAY!!! me. I went to schedule the interview appointment checking both LA area locations and San DIego/Mexico border. Long Beach, nothing until November, LAX, ironically the first available was the morning of my flight leaving for Paris October 14th (Which I wanted to have GE process done before, LOL), San Diego/Mexico border had availability July 25th at 7:00 pm. I grabbled it, That would be a 2+ hour drive, so doable. I was curious, so after I had it confirmed I clicked the manage interview button and selected LAX again and up pops August 26th at 11:15 am, GREAT! I grabbed that in a flash. I was aware to keep checking, but did not expect this so fast. So I will be all done before my October trip. So happy

A friend just went through Detroit and the time she was there, it was Customs that was a huge backlog. There were 4 international planes landing at the same time. An hour later, it may have been fine. She is now considering GE because of that experience.
The only "gotcha" with TSA PreCheck could be if your airline doesn't participate in PreCheck. We are flying to London in August on British Airways and they don't participate in PreCheck so we will be prepared for the long security lines.

We have other flights scheduled on Southwest and United later in the year and had no problem adding our KTN to our reservations.

My comment was that Global Entry gives you both expedited Immigration/Customs and TSA PreCheck. Both "can" be a great advantage to have.

Totally agree and for $15 more, if you fly internationally or live close to border as we do , definitely makes sense. We have TSA PreCheck, but applied for Global Entry on June 13... Still waiting for conditional approval so we can schedule appointment for interview.

Thrilled , just received approval. Tucson had openings the last week in July, but Nogales was wide open 😉. Since we live between Tucson and Nogales, not a problem. Made appt for Friday ....yeah!!! So happy to get this finished.