What's The Worst Thing You Forgot To Bring?

NewAddict

My son forgot to bring his watch. Argh. Which is weird because he wears it ALL the time. But not this time! So there went my OBC to buy him a new watch! The kicker to it all is I somehow missed a watch store at the exit of the airport shopping area. Well, he's got a nice G Shock watch now. :eek:

I love packing posts!!

I start my packing lists months ahead and I check the darn thing twice. I even list where everything will get packed (ie. In Carryon or in Luggage etc.) Last trip I packed a carry on with just the stuff my DD and I would need at the pre-cruise hotel, so we didn't have to even open the main luggage until we were in our cabin. Having said all that...

I forgot all of our paperwork (neatly in it's own plastic file folder) at security screening. Didn't even notice until we got the desk and the agent asked for it. Had to walk all the way back and go get it from Security who had already taken it to the Lost and Found!

This is why I now keep a spreadsheet. I start from what I packed last time and check it off as it goes into the suitcase. Makes it hard to forget the important stuff

My son forgot to bring his watch. Argh. Which is weird because he wears it ALL the time. But not this time! So there went my OBC to buy him a new watch! The kicker to it all is I somehow missed a watch store at the exit of the airport shopping area. Well, he's got a nice G Shock watch now. :eek:

They have some okay watches at the $10 store on the ship. Mom forgot hers and picked one up there.

Now don't laugh.. tampons. The gift shop charged a fortune too. But had to buy them.

In the ladies room I saw those machines.. put two quarters in it and wham hit the jackpot.... every single one came out.

Yes I stuff them in my pool bag.. and was happy as can be.

Now I keep a bag just for traveling with everything in including bandage and etc.

Thanks everyone for the laughs, esp the one about the boxer shorts all the way home on the airplanes.

I have to comment on the Tampon one, I (well, presurgery anyway) kept them in my travel bag with a few other items like bandaids etc. I almost sent my 3rd grade son to Bible Camp with a bathroom bag full of them! :eek: What would those boys have thought!

DH has forgotten his new card. The old one expired the first few days of the trip. He's done this twice now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That would be me. Never done it on a cruise, but I've gone TDY a couple times with my old Government Credit Card. Freakin sucks!

my husband's first cruise, we didn't forget the credit cards.. but they were in his wallet that got stolen about an hour outside of Miami. At the time, all our cards were linked, so mine were no good either once we called Visa. Thankfully, we were traveling with my parents, so they helped us out with our S&S account.

Next time we cruised with my parents (what gives?!) we stayed pre-cruise in Orlando one night, put DH's insulin in the fridge at the hotel. And forgot it there.

The infirmary does actually carry a couple of different types. Unfortunately, not the kind he took.

We haven't cruised with my parents since. :eek: :eek:

About three weeks ago I bought a GoPro to use underwater while snorkeling. Bought the flotation device in case it came out of my hand. Bought the strap that you can use to attach it to your head or wear on a backwards baseball cap. I was all set.

I thought I charged it fully the night before we left, but apparently when I used it to test it, I did not have a full charge and used more of the battery than I thought.

So, first day on board, I get out the little trusty camera only to find there was not enough battery to take even one picture. No problem, I'll just charge that sucker up.

It's hard to do when you leave the charger at home. And did you know that they do not sell those on board or in any port?

GRRR

We did the exact same thing! Packed everything for the camera except the charger!!!

Lol....good thread, love some of these answers.

Knock on wood - I haven't forgotten anything. I am a list person up to the very last second. Everything is on my lists...and I mean everything! Clothes, undergarments, drugs and pharma stuff, wine, shoes, money, paperwork - everything detailed to the last "nth".

I check that list many times from beginning of packing until we are walking out of the house on the way to the port.

So far, it has worked for us!

Lol....good thread, love some of these answers.

Knock on wood - I haven't forgotten anything. I am a list person up to the very last second. Everything is on my lists...and I mean everything! Clothes, undergarments, drugs and pharma stuff, wine, shoes, money, paperwork - everything detailed to the last "nth".

I check that list many times from beginning of packing until we are walking out of the house on the way to the port.

So far, it has worked for us!

I know a couple people that are the same way....but have forgotten their actual "list" before. That would suck!

We were on a boat coming back from stingray city in GC. My buddy "forgot" he had his tank top draped over his shoulder. One splash of water near the side of the boat and his shirt was gone. He didn't have money on him so I had to buy him an overprices tourist shirt.

• 11 months later...

4th day into 7 day Western Carib. on Magic out of Galveston, DH realizes he has forgotten to bring his oral diabetic med.:confused::confused: Oh and we had left house 3 days prior to cruise, so now we're talking going without for a week!! Again :confused::confused:

We trudge down to Medical. He takes a combo med. and they had one of the combo. Close enough we'll take it. Seriously, though, how does one forget that they haven't had the med for a week????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It wasn't me lol, but someone I know forgot to bring her birth control pills, they had a baby girl 9 months later lol

Happened to a good friend of mine - their little "cruise oops" is now in high school!

On our first cruise I totally miscalculated how much sunscreen the two of us would use in a week, and only brought one spray bottle - which was all gone by the morning of the second day. We had to buy some super expensive stuff in the ship gift shop that smelled really weird.