5 in a cabin possible on Carnival ship?

jordanaire

My granddaughter graduates high school next year and her parents want to take her and rest of family on a cruise. There's 5 of them and I was wondering if it's possible for all of them to be in 1 cabin? Or will they need to book 2 cabins?

You can cram five people in a cabin on the Fantasy class ships, Sunshine, Triumph and Victory. The Dream class ships and, I assume, the Vista have Deluxe ocean view cabins meant for five, with twin/queen, two uppers and a couch. they have a split bath, one with tub ans sink, other with shower and toilet - or maybe its the other way...EM

My granddaughter graduates high school next year and her parents want to take her and rest of family on a cruise. There's 5 of them and I was wondering if it's possible for all of them to be in 1 cabin? Or will they need to book 2 cabins?

The Magic and the others in the same class have rooms for 5. They are Ocean View rooms. Meeting up with a old military friend and his family for a cruise together this year on the Magic and his family (total of 5 people) are in one of these rooms

We have three kids (two teenagers) and have done this several times. In my experience, it is best to go with the rooms that have the family ocean view cabin. We did this one on the Breeze. There is a bathroom and a half and the rooms are just a bit longer.

We've done five in a room on the smaller ships like Paradise and Inspiration, but one of the people will be on a cot on the floor and it is really crowded.

In the family OV you will have two twins (or king if you want to push together - don't do it). Over one of the twins will be a pull-down bunk. Then you will have a couch that is a bed and a pull-down bunk over the couch.

On the smaller ships, you'll have two twins with a pull-down over each bed and a cot in the corner. It is really cramped.

We are a family of 5 and booked one cabin for all of us. It works for us. Granted, I have a teenage son, & two girls (10 & 8). One time we had an inside cabin, it was a tap bit crowded but we made it work. The steward put a rollway bed in the cabin. We were on the Sunshine, and in an oceanview cabin. Much better (little more room)....I put the luggages under the bed. I bought a shoe organizer to put over the door. I do agree that Family Deluxe Cabin is great for 5 people.

Yes they do have ships that can comfortably hold 5 people in a stateroom without the need for a roll-away.

These staterooms have 2 lower twin berths; 2 upper Pullmans and a single sofa bed. The following ships have these staterooms:

Breeze; Dream; Magic; Vista.

We won't do 4 in a cabin much less 5. Its a balcony for us and kids in a room across the hall. It's worth the often minimal difference in price. You have the bonus of having a balcony people can use, and 2 bathrooms, which makes all the difference in the world. I also don't have to look at my kids mess. Hubby and I are playing the hall dance (and enjoying it:D); I don't want to be doing that shuffle with 3-4 other people trying to get ready. That just wouldn't be relaxing for us.

Wwwaaaaayyyyyy too many people in a cabin for me....:eek:

I would get two cabins to have another bathroom, not to mention the extra room!

I hope your family has a wonderful cruise!!

I agree five to a room is too many people in most cabins. I would get two cabins, maybe one outside cabin and one inside cabin across from each other. We have three to a cabin and it can get too crowded. That's why we now get a balcony room, so we can go outside while the other person is getting dressed.

I hope no one snores and you all don't mind waiting to use the tiny closet size bathroom meant for two people.

I'm gonna assume that the entire family is not going to the bathroom together so since you say it's meant for two people, then one-at-a-time should work out great for them!

I've done this on the Dream, in Ocean View room. As some others have suggested it had the 2 twins on the floor, 2 uppers, and couch bed. There is the normal bath and then there is a second one with sink and tub. This room wasn't any more crowded then a typical inside cabin for four as it was a bit longer room.