Sushi on Five Replaces Bistro on Five Across Celebrity Cruises Fleet

LauraS

Interesting that the Silhouette has already been changed over. Bistro was onboard from the May 26-June 7th cruise. Just got off earlier in the week.

We never got the chance to go there this cruise, :( but I love the main meal crepe's and salads. Thankfully, I will get a last chance on the Summit in October. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

I'm disappointed. I don't like Asian and I do like crepes. But I'm sure the numbers indicate that this move is accretive to the bottom line. It's all about what brings in the dollars. RCCL is not in business to please me, it's in business to please the stockholders.

We will definitely miss Bistro on Five. It was a wonderfully relaxing to start the cruise with lunch on embarkation day. Even with the price increase to $10pp we still felt like we got good value with a starter soup, entree crepe, and dessert crepe. We love sushi but we are very disappointed in this decision by Celebrity.

Interesting that the Silhouette has already been changed over. Bistro was onboard from the May 26-June 7th cruise. Just got off earlier in the week.

We never got the chance to go there this cruise, :( but I love the main meal crepe's and salads. Thankfully, I will get a last chance on the Summit in October. ;)

Here, here! I, too, will pay my last respects on Summit 10/2 sailing! :(

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I'm disappointed. I don't like Asian and I do like crepes. But I'm sure the numbers indicate that this move is accretive to the bottom line. It's all about what brings in the dollars. RCCL is not in business to please me, it's in business to please the stockholders.

I am also disappointed. I love Sushi but my husband is allergic to shellfish and he would probably not be able to eat a single thing on the menu other than ice cream.

See you there on embarkation day. :) I've already confirmed with my DH that is where we will eat. And if they are still offering, it will be lamb chops on the following Saturday.

On our recent cruise, we tried the OV Café Sushi station. It was just alright. But the main thing that I noticed was that the station remained empty of passengers. Plenty of Sushi available.

Edited by Iamthesea

Is there anyone who've been on one of these ships with actual experience following the conversion?

Reflection and Silhouette have the Porch which is not on other ships. When they opened, the paninis, previously available at Bistro on 5, were moved to the Porch. When Bistro was closed, are crepes now available at the Porch?

The first two S class ships, Solstice and Equinox, had an Asian Fusion restaurant, Silk Harvest, in the space that was converted to Qsine on the later ships. Has anyone heard of plans to convert Silk Harvest to Qsine fleetwide? And if not, is there a plan for Equinox to join Soltice in the Asian market in the near future?

Edited by Bobby Dee

I liked the old Bistro on five with the paninis and crepes and I am a stockholder. :D They didn't do a very good job of pleasing me.

Edited by DrKoob

I am also disappointed. I love Sushi but my husband is allergic to shellfish and he would probably not be able to eat a single thing on the menu other than ice cream.

If you look around on the boards, the menus are out there and there is more than just sushi. My bride is also allergic to shellfish but she found there were beef sliders, a beef soup and a few others. Not a lot but something.

The menus are getting good reviews. I am not a sushi fan, but, there is much more than that on the menu. What I do not like is the ALA CART PRICING. We will board the Summit next month, and most likely have lunch at Bistro on 5 since it is not converting until October.

The menus are getting good reviews. I am not a sushi fan, but, there is much more than that on the menu. What I do not like is the ALA CART PRICING. We will board the Summit next month, and most likely have lunch at Bistro on 5 since it is not converting until October.

Agree with you about the al a carte pricing. Going to be way more than $10 to eat at this venue any more. Also the selection doesn't seem to be a good one for an embarkation lunch. Not enough variety for me, who does not like sushi.

I also have heard that the dinner sushi in the buffet has been removed. DH will be sorry about that.

I'm on Summit Oct.2nd....sushi change takes place Oct. 16...I wonder if Bistro will be serving crepes or just be closed for renovations. Personally, the only thing worse than cooked fish is raw fish.....I will miss the delicious crepes and hope the smell of raw fish doesn't make me nauseous.

Edited by Hydrokitty

Hubs and I are thrilled. We've tried Bistro on 5 a few times and it just never added up to what other people were raving about... for us, at least. We both love sushi, so are hoping this will be a nice change.

I enjoyed picking up a few pieces of sushi in Oceanview in the late afternoons and am sorry it is no longer available there. BTW, I am allergic to shellfish and found the serving staff helpful in determining which pieces included shellfish and which didn't.

I'm predicting Sushi on Five won't last too long, so we'll see what the next use of that space will be.

Betsy

Edited by BBsails
Adding info