Sushi on Five Replaces Bistro on Five Across Celebrity Cruises Fleet

LauraS

I missed the (brief) $7.50 period, but have sailed twice with the $5 Bistro on Five -- always empty -- and am just completing a cruise on Constellation with the $10 Bistro on Five -- still always empty. Maybe Sushi on Five will work for them, but the original concept is a Major Fail.

I'm a crepe lover and a sushi lover, so I have mixed feelings... There are plenty of places here where I live that sell good sushi, but crepe restaurants are few and far between. I'm new to Celebrity and would have liked to tried Bistro on 5 before it changed over, but I guess I'm out of luck. That being said, my oldest daughter, whose graduation we are celebrating with our upcoming cruise, loves sushi more than anything, so she will be very pleased!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by love2driveinct

Lost us completely. Hate sushi, loved the crepes so now - bye bye to whatever on five. Sad. Bad move as far as we are concerned but, just another good thing gone.

Now don't touch Silk Harvest on Equinox

I'm on Summit Oct.2nd....sushi change takes place Oct. 16...I wonder if Bistro will be serving crepes or just be closed for renovations. .

I doubt it will be closed. We got off the Silhouette this past Tuesday, and the Bistro was still up and running. The article says that the Silhouette now has Sushi on Five, so the conversion must have been done on turnaround day and Tuesday. Tuesday night ,and possibly Wednesday. As I understand it, there is not much renovation to take place. The biggest change is the menu. :(

Just off the millennium and it was sushi on five. Do not care for sushi and when we went by it, it seemed to be pretty empty. They also had the new Q usine and they seemed to have trouble getting people up there. The menu was on a confusing iPad and didn't appeal to us and I use an iPad. Didn't leave too many places to eat.

Just off the millennium and it was sushi on five. Do not care for sushi and when we went by it, it seemed to be pretty empty. They also had the new Q usine and they seemed to have trouble getting people up there. The menu was on a confusing iPad and didn't appeal to us and I use an iPad. Didn't leave too many places to eat.

You should have tried Qsine. A truly super restaurant experience. The iPad shouldn't put you off. The best thing to do with Qsine is to get a bunch of people you are cruising with or from your roll call and go. The more the better. Tons of food and it all superb. GIve it a try next time.

This is fantastic news! I've never been a big fan of Bistro, but the husband and I are big fans of sushi! We'll be on Infinity in September - another thing to look forward to on our cruise :D

Look forward to setting foot on new ports, touring new destinations, meeting new people, and trying new X on Five concept.

A la cart sounds horrible, though. Maybe DW and I will just spend $10 each to experience the venue next month. Who knows, maybe the fare is on par with Sukiyabashi Jiro :rolleyes:

Bistro has always been empty when we have been on Eclipse. It's changing to Sushi on five for our next cruise in September. Personally we don't like Sushi and the a la cartel pricing seems steep. I'm really not sure if will attract many more to the venue on Eclipse on ex UK sailings as sushi is not massively popular here and nor is paying more on top of the cruise price for meals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We'll have to see what other items on the menu as neither of us like Sushi! Bistro on 5 has become a tradition for us on Embarkation Day. On our recent TA we dined there two other port days when OV was overcrowded. Agree, not many people ever in the restaurant so understand the need for a change.

Celebrity may have looked at how popular the Sushi places are on other cruise lines. We have been on Carnival Breeze a few times (only when the children are in school) the Bonsai Sushi is always very busy. We love Sushi so it is a win for us. However I really did enjoy the Bouillabaisse on Thursdays.

We are not sushi eaters but loved Bistro on Five and also had a dinner there on our last cruise. We leave on the Equinox July 23rd so will be one of the last to have Bistro. Yeah. Agree that the pricing for the sushi will make an expensive al a carte choice. Will miss Bistro.

I'm disappointed that they've changed the Bistro on 5 to sushi. We love sushi and we are fortunate to live in a big city with excellent authentic sushi available at many venues. Sorry to say that the sushi on the cruise ships is pretty much sushi for the masses.For us,it just isn't something we would spend extra money on. JMO

I'm disappointed that they've changed the Bistro on 5 to sushi. We love sushi and we are fortunate to live in a big city with excellent authentic sushi available at many venues. Sorry to say that the sushi on the cruise ships is pretty much sushi for the masses.For us,it just isn't something we would spend extra money on. JMO

If you take a look at the thread Silhouette Sushi on the 5 , there are good reviews and pictures of the food. I didn't ever eat the sushi in the Oceanview, for same reason.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50136043

Can anyone confirm if the new Sushi restaurant is always open for lunch on port days and until what time? We used to enjoy having Bistro available for a late sit down lunch occasionally as it was available all afternoon. Thanks.

Our biggest issue with Sushi on Five on Millie - if you want to buy a specialty restaurant package you must eat at this restaurant. For example, if you want to buy the 3 restaurant package, you eat once at all three restaurants. Why is this an issue? Two big reasons. First, there is very little available on the menu that is not sushi. If you do not like Sushi you are pretty much out of luck (there are a couple of unappealing sounding noodle dishes and that's it besides sushi). Second, I don't see how this can be considered "specialty" other than that you have to pay for it. It is no fancier than Bistro on Five was. Would you consider Bistro on Five comparable to Tuscan Grille?!?! I know I wouldn't. This is just wrong wrong wrong IMHO. We were able to negotiate a small discount with the Tuscan maître d' by booking two dinners at Tuscan and one at Qsine, but it was less of a savings than the 3 restaurant package would have been. Was not happy at all with this as we were counting on using some of our generous OBC for specialty restaurants rather than shore excursions or outrageously priced photographs or the like.:(

Lost us completely. Hate sushi, loved the crepes so now - bye bye to whatever on five. Sad. Bad move as far as we are concerned but, just another good thing gone.

Now don't touch Silk Harvest on Equinox

I agree - Silk Harvest was my favorite of the 3 main specialty restaurants on Equinox!

Can anyone confirm if the new Sushi restaurant is always open for lunch on port days and until what time? We used to enjoy having Bistro available for a late sit down lunch occasionally as it was available all afternoon. Thanks.

On our recent Reflection cruises Sushi on 5 wasn't open until 3pm on port days, the same as The Porch.

I can't wait for So5! I looked at the menu and pics and found many items I'd like to try! My wife "doesn't like sushi" (translation: refuses to try it), and she found many things on the menu she'd like to try.

We've tried the crepes and found them lacking. When they changed and added the daily menu we found those items to be hit or miss.

From most replies to this thread it seems that many don't like the change and I understand, but for us, we look forward to the change!