Orange Juice - Price???

Okay this might seem like a silly question to some people but here goes.

We have purchased Premium Beverage Packages for our 18 night Transpacific Cruise in September (Hawaii to Sydney) but this doesn't include Fresh Orange Juice just the made up stuff that you get in Windjammer and I don't like it - reminds me of Tang!!!

Question can anyone tell me how much a Fresh Orange juice would cost with breakfast? On Celebrity they had OJ in the machines that was like proper OJ but not freshly squeezed, so I wonder why RCI don't??? Thanks.:confused:

We have purchased Premium Beverage Packages for our 18 night Transpacific Cruise in September (Hawaii to Sydney) but this doesn't include Fresh Orange Juice just the made up stuff that you get in Windjammer and I don't like it - reminds me of Tang!!!

Question can anyone tell me how much a Fresh Orange juice would cost with breakfast? On Celebrity they had OJ in the machines that was like proper OJ but not freshly squeezed, so I wonder why RCI don't??? Thanks.:confused:

It's offered in the WJ as you enter during the breakfast hours...I believe it was $3.00.

We will be on Radiance, as we have the alc package might just have to have a few Mimosa's, light on the champagne!

They use the OJ concentrate for the Mimosas, not fresh squeezed.

TANG? It's the same OJ you buy in most grocery stores....almost all OJs are made from concentrate....check packages next time you're shopping!

That said...sometimes they add too much water and it's weak!

TANG? It's the same OJ you buy in most grocery stores....almost all OJs are made from concentrate....check packages next time you're shopping!

That said...sometimes they add too much water and it's weak!

Op said they didn't want Tang.

The fact they're asking the questions suggests they do check the label and are not interested in the nasty orange juice that Americans are used to

On Celebrity they had OJ in the machines that was like proper OJ but not freshly squeezed, so I wonder why RCI don't??? Thanks.:confused:

Royal has the machines that bounce around the oranges and the result is freshly squeezed.

The machines are in the Windjammer bar and the pizza place.

I also agree that you should upgrade to the Ultimate Package.

Sounds like you have an awesome cruise planned! :)

Never had Tang or similar on a cruise. Juice has always been from concentrate. I do find that in the Windjammer they often add ice, hence the watered down taste. I have asked for no ice and it's not been a problem. In the MDR I think the glasses are smaller (refills available) and no ice, but definitely tastes like from concentrate and not powdered Tang/KoolAid taste.

Op said they didn't want Tang.

The fact they're asking the questions suggests they do check the label and are not interested in the nasty orange juice that Americans are used to

But she DID like the stuff in a machine on Celebrity. Which is almost certain from concentrate. So it sounds like Royal just adds more or less water to their concentrate.

Anyway, the small glass (which I found to be a very reasonable size...not super-sized at all) is a bit over $3. The one you are served with Replenish/Ultimate is the larger size (which is super sized and even my husband, who LOVES OJ, couldn't finish it) and it's a bit over $4.

A typical espresso drink is about $4 as well. (some are suggesting to upgrade if you're having an OJ and an espresso per day)

Is the difference between Premium and Ultimate under $8 per day? Somehow I thought it was a bigger differential.

Royal has the machines that bounce around the oranges and the result is freshly squeezed.

The machines are in the Windjammer bar and the pizza place.

I also agree that you should upgrade to the Ultimate Package.

Sounds like you have an awesome cruise planned! :)

Just off Adventure and no OJ machines in the Cafe Promenade (pizza place) however next to the ice water machne they did have another water machine that had cut up oranges in it...not OJ but it did give it a nice orange flavor water (yummy I drank this often)...just like adding lemon to your water...same idea and a nice touch RCI had never seen this done onboard before.....Hope other ships are doing it as well.

Just off Adventure and no OJ machines in the Cafe Promenade (pizza place) however next to the ice water machne they did have another water machine that had cut up oranges in it...not OJ but it did give it a nice orange flavor water (yummy I drank this often)...just like adding lemon to your water...same idea and a nice touch RCI had never seen this done onboard before.....Hope other ships are doing it as well.

On Anthem they did have the OJ machine on the counter at Sorrentos.

That orange flavored water sounds good, never saw it before. On one cruise I saw a passenger put cucumber slices in her water at lunch and carried it around all day. Another idea! :)

On Anthem they did have the OJ machine on the counter at Sorrentos.

That orange flavored water sounds good, never saw it before. On one cruise I saw a passenger put cucumber slices in her water at lunch and carried it around all day. Another idea! :)

Oasis has a oj machine in Cafe Promenade.

Yes it was the powdered Tang I was referring to. Our orange concentrate must be different in Oz to US if that is what is used in Windjammer, didn't like it at all.

The juice in the machines on Celebrity was very like fresh orange juice, even had pulp in it and quite nice.

Might look into upgrading one of our packages to Ultimate maybe.

Thanks for all the help.

But she DID like the stuff in a machine on Celebrity. Which is almost certain from concentrate. So it sounds like Royal just adds more or less water to their concentrate.

Anyway, the small glass (which I found to be a very reasonable size...not super-sized at all) is a bit over $3. The one you are served with Replenish/Ultimate is the larger size (which is super sized and even my husband, who LOVES OJ, couldn't finish it) and it's a bit over $4.

A typical espresso drink is about $4 as well. (some are suggesting to upgrade if you're having an OJ and an espresso per day)

Is the difference between Premium and Ultimate under $8 per day? Somehow I thought it was a bigger differential.

OK I looked into upgrading and you are right, the difference is more than 1 OJ and 1 Specialty Coffee per day - at the moment the Ultimate Package is $76.65AUD per day incl. grats - we paid $57.52AUD per day inc. grats for the Premium Package - that is a difference of just over $19AUD per day - so not worth it, will just buy an OJ when I want one.

Perhaps before buying a glass of juice you should try what is available at no charge. As many have pointed out, it is usually juice from concentrate, not powdered, so you may enjoy it. Also make sure it doesn't have ice! I personally feel the MDR has better juice than the Windjammer, or perhaps the juice is the same but sits longer in the WJ.

Perhaps before buying a glass of juice you should try what is available at no charge. As many have pointed out, it is usually juice from concentrate, not powdered, so you may enjoy it. Also make sure it doesn't have ice! I personally feel the MDR has better juice than the Windjammer, or perhaps the juice is the same but sits longer in the WJ.

Thanks but I have already tried it, 2 years ago on Radiance, unless it has changed since then.

Thanks but I have already tried it, 2 years ago on Radiance, unless it has changed since then.

My reason for suggesting was that you said you had no problems with OJ on Celebrity. I would say OJ on RC and Celebrity are the same, other than fresh squeezed, they are from concentrate. Trying it once would not hurt and save you money.

Also, Windjammer serves flavored waters - usually strawberry/kiwi/orange/melon, etc. perhaps you picked up one of those and didn't like it.

If you're going to drink at least 1 OJ and 1 specialty coffee a day it might be worth upgrading to the ultimate package

We upgraded to the utlitmate last Feb just because of the fresh-squeezed OJ.

However, at least 5 out of 10 days there was NO oranges to make fresh juice anywhere on board. If we wanted OJ, the only option was the concentrate.