Lost rings

Does anyone have any advice on who to contact at RC. My daughter left 2 diamond rings in the back of her safe on Anthem of the Seas last week. RC are not being very helpful not returning calls and saying they can't ask the guests in that stateroom because they might get offended thinking the are being accused of stealing the rings. It is very frustrating.

Post Cruise Customer Support: (800) 256-6649.

I would not have much hope for getting anything back. I've left things onboard a couple of times and called it in from the airport while the ship was still docked, and after a week they responsed that they found nothing.

Does anyone have any advice on who to contact at RC. My daughter left 2 diamond rings in the back of her safe on Anthem of the Seas last week. RC are not being very helpful not returning calls and saying they can't ask the guests in that stateroom because they might get offended thinking the are being accused of stealing the rings. It is very frustrating.

I had a similar problem with a little box full of silver charms, bought the day before we left the ship, they were not there when we got home! Phoned RCI, nothing! Good luck I hope you get it sorted soon.

Post Cruise Customer Support: (800) 256-6649.

I would not have much hope for getting anything back. I've left things onboard a couple of times and called it in from the airport while the ship was still docked, and after a week they responsed that they found nothing.

Thank you about what is expected to hear.

Anything is possible but based on personal experience and reports here at CC over the years their track record on lost and found is not good. I think they have little interest in maintaining a lost and found system - it is apparently a very low priority for RCCL.

Wish you luck - there are occasional reports here of happy endings.

The ships have a lost and found log book, but in order for the item to make it into the book it must be turned in. If it's not in the book, it was not turned in as far as they are concerned

Edited by setsail

In the past We have turned in items to the front desk. Ask RCCL to check with guest relations on the ship. You never know. Also, someone from guest relations or security could certainly call the cabin and ask to check the rear of the safe as a previous passenger may have left something behind.

So sorry for your loss and hope the items are returned to you...

I have heard several OP's post about leaving items in the safe and now used info here to protect our belongings going forward.

We will bring a sliding ZipLock bag and put everything of value in this bag including our passports.

Two reasons.... items can't hide in cracks and dark. In the event of an emergency, we can just crab the bag and go.

Edited by troykahack

I sent an email via the RC website regarding a jacket I left in our cabin last week. I did receive a response from "Royal One Touch Customer Service."

It was mostly a form letter response but it did have the name of a CS rep who said she'd look into it and get back to me.

Good luck to you.

So sorry for your loss and hope the items are returned to you...

I have heard several OP's post about leaving items in the safe and now used info here to protect our belongings going forward.

We will bring a sliding ZipLock bag and put everything of value in this bag including our passports.

Two reasons.... items can't hide in cracks and dark. In the event of an emergency, we can just crab the bag and go.

Agree. We always put small items in baggies before they go in the safe.

Agree. We always put small items in baggies before they go in the safe.

Thank you everyone for all your responses. A very expensive lesson unfortunately. RC refuses to ask the passengers in that stateroom - it looks as though they are being accused of stealing apparently. I would not look at it that way myself if I were asked to look in the back of the safe.

Thank you everyone for all your responses. A very expensive lesson unfortunately. RC refuses to ask the passengers in that stateroom - it looks as though they are being accused of stealing apparently. I would not look at it that way myself if I were asked to look in the back of the safe.

Are they at least willing to check the safe at the end of the cruise, once the current occupants have departed the cabin? There's a slim possibility that they too won't notice the rings at the back of the safe.

We always put small items in baggies before they go in the safe.

I think I will start doing this as well. I have never had a problem, never lost anything or left behind, but it's just as easy to slips my rings into a small jewelry pouch before placing in the safe. You can buy the little satin pouches on board in the gift shop - they are still only $1.00 each, even years later. :) I use one for my iPod on the plane, another one for my bracelets, one for my rings.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I can see RC'S point. If they open the safe, who's rings are they. How can they prove it isn't the property of the current occupant. Some guedts would admit it, others would be dishonest.

I sympathize with the OP too.

Are they at least willing to check the safe at the end of the cruise, once the current occupants have departed the cabin? There's a slim possibility that they too won't notice the rings at the back of the safe.

Those are my thoughts. I think after 9 day's though RC will have forgotten our requests.

When I get to my room after boarding, one of the first things I do is completely check out the safe for any valuables left behind. The only thing I've ever found is a few coins. I'd love to see a happy ending for someone who left something behind....

Those are my thoughts. I think after 9 day's though RC will have forgotten our requests.

Something else you might want to consider is phoning the ship directly at (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. at (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute, not cheap, but dealing directly with the ship might result in better luck. Typically, I find ship's crew far more accommodating than shore-based staff.

I doubt that the new pax will even notice loose rings until later. It will all depend on the pax, some will do the right thing and some will not. RC should make some what of a effort to get them back, but asking people to do the right thing can be a PITA, but if they pax chose not to turn them in, it might make them feel guilty LOL, well maybe.

sorry for the young lady, I hope they were insure.

There is... reading this thread I realized that we never checked our children's room safe before or after our last cruise. We had adjoining cabins and only used the safe on our room.

I sympathize with the OP. I really wouldn't mind if RCCL asked me to check the safe.

There was a thread not too long ago, but I dont remember what cruise line it was. Someone left something valuable inter safe and they posted it on the roll call of the cruise right after theirs. It so happened someone on that roll call was in the same cabin and found what was left in the safe. They got in touch with each other and it all worked out great.

You might want to try posting it on the roll call of the cruise right after yours. You might get lucky :)