Ironing facilities on Solstice

lynnek

No ironing facilities, no irons or steamers allowed. Also, no laundry facilities on any Celebrity ship. The drycleaning & laundry service isn't terribly expensive (I pay more at home for dry cleaning). I always bring an empty spray bottle, fill with tap water & hang wrinkled items in the bathroom, give it a little spritz & let it hang while showers are taken.

Edited by awhfy

From previous posts, I gather that the Downy product is not available in Great Britain, so the OP may not be aware of it.

You can make a pretty good substitute with a little liquid fabric softener in a spray bottle, diluted with plenty of water.

No ironing facilities, no irons or steamers allowed. Also, no laundry facilities on any Celebrity ship. The drycleaning & laundry service isn't terribly expensive (I pay more at home for dry cleaning). I always bring an empty spray bottle, fill with tap water & hang wrinkled items in the bathroom, give it a little spritz & let it hang while showers are taken.

If you try to bring an iron on board it will be confiscated and kept until you disembark. They seem to be very good at catching irons when they pass luggage through the x-ray machine. Last cruise we saw a table with at least 50 irons being held for their owners.

Do other cruise lines have Iron facalities?

As the poster is from the UK, yes P and O has free laundry (washing machines/tumble dryers/irons/ironing board) rooms. You just need to bring powder (although they sell it in the onboard shop) .

If you are in a mini suite or above you get iron/ironing board in your cabin and trouser press.

P and O also have a pay for laundry and pressing service, but that costs. On a long cruise free laundry rooms would be a help with the amount of packing.

Great then we know why these questions are asked, If some lines allow others don't, Imagine if this site just made a Sticky Allowed items for Celebrity cruise line...

Sril lweseee repeated topics

Why not go on that line if am Iron is so important to you?

Not about where the P is at, about why the cruise line they chosen. a floating hotel

Great then we know why these questions are asked, If some lines allow others don't, Imagine if this site just made a Sticky Allowed items for Celebrity cruise line...

Not about where the P is at, about why the cruise line they chosen. a floating hotel

:confused::confused:sorry cannot understand your post.

I get the bit where you say if an iron is important to the poster do not cruise on Celebrity...not understanding the rest...sorry:(:(

yes P and O has free laundry (washing machines/tumble dryers/irons/ironing board) rooms.

On P&O ships you definitely need the laundry facilities with the amount of SOOT flying about. Britannia is still pumping out tar over its guests and when you think it is only 18 months old it is a disgrace to the cruise industry. Come-on Carnival get your act together and put pressure on P&O to clean-up its act for the sake of its passengers and the environment.

Edited by mickey89

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but an iron is not that important. It's just that we have a week in Singapore and a week in Sydney prior to the two week cruise. So as you can imagine laundry facilities would be useful after four weeks away. I'm sure I will enjoy celebrity but I didn't enjoy your reply! If people can't actually offer advice then maybe they shouldn't reply.

Sorry but an iron is not that important. It's just that we have a week in Singapore and a week in Sydney prior to the two week cruise. So as you can imagine laundry facilities would be useful after four weeks away. I'm sure I will enjoy celebrity but I didn't enjoy your reply! If people can't actually offer advice then maybe they shouldn't reply.

Don't know if this helps but I usually don't even bother having things laundered or pressed on land prior to getting on the ship. I just give them the things I will need for dress up nights and have the ship do it. Their prices are comparable to home.

Here's a link to laundry prices. You may have to scroll up or down in the link.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq5993

Edited by dkjretired

Firstly you are not helpful nor do we need your advice.

The irony that the only comprehensible part of your post is you being rude to the OP.

We often do the same as you and add pre and post cruise land based stays to our cruises. Whilst we would not choose a hotel pre or post cruise totally based on laundry facilities we have added that into our search. Last cruise from Sydney we stayed at the 'Pullman Quay' fabulous for many reasons including having a washer dryer and iron and board in the room. It did really make life very easy.

Just another trick we have found is that those 'soft fabric' shirts will rinse and drip dry really quickly no ironing needed (UK best ones are found in Marks and Spensors). I tend to buy jersey soft fabrics which you can almost screw into a ball and they still come out without creases!

As others have said, when we unpack, if things do need ironing we then just send them. If you are Elite or above you will get some free laundry.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by chemmo

lynnek: We are also on the October 8th Solstice sailing! Perhaps we'll meet onboard.

We will board the Solstice on September 19th after spending just two days in Honolulu but will also spend a week in Singapore before flying home. While my husband and I will both have Elite+ laundry coupons I do understand your situation.

As alluded to by other posters I also pack easy-care garments and through the years have purchased a number of winkle-free items. In the US we look for a wrinkle-free label and/or trademark symbol.

Hi Like the previous poster we are onboard from Hawaii. We have stayed in an apartment in Sydney CBD and found a laundrette where we could do a wash ourselves-think it was on Elizabeth St.

Just google Sydney CBD laundry services

Liz

Not sure if I misunderstood part of this post but in case there was any misunderstanding, a passenger is not allowed to bring a clothing iron on any cruise line as far as I know. The cruise lines that do have self service laundry facilities have their own irons and ironing boards for use in the laundry rooms.

If memory serves me, these rooms have special steel doors to prevent the spread of a fire. I am thinking I have seen this on at least two other cruise lines but imagine this would be the set up on all. Just my observation but I am certainly not an expert.

Celebrity usually does a great job with their laundry services and it isn't all that pricey but as others have mentioned, the wrinkle release spray usually does the trick if you don't care to send your items out to for cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if I misunderstood part of this post but in case there was any misunderstanding, a passenger is not allowed to bring a clothing iron on any cruise line as far as I know. The cruise lines that do have self service laundry facilities have their own irons and ironing boards for use in the laundry rooms.

If memory serves me, these rooms have special steel doors to prevent the spread of a fire. I am thinking I have seen this on at least two other cruise lines but imagine this would be the set up on all. Just my observation but I am certainly not an expert.

Celebrity usually does a great job with their laundry services and it isn't all that pricey but as others have mentioned, the wrinkle release spray usually does the trick if you don't care to send your items out to for cleaning.

Also, if you know how to pack, your clothes won't get wrinkled in the first place.:)