Diamond Club

Ouch. :p Not everyone in the Diamond lounge is a senior, probably not even most. ;) We have seen many D and up from early 20's and up.

Yes...their getting younger and younger...not uncommon now to have toddlers with D+ status (our grandchildren do) they'll probably reach pinnacle...the next generation is moving in and up quickly...whether some like it or not ;)

On our anthem cruise, there was no signage that said kids weren't allowed. ...

Most often I see the kids restriction on the letter in the stateroom that outlines the perks for Diamond and above.

Careful with thread creep. talk too much about the CL and "you know who" will appear to demand a hypothetical seat and then you'll have to go get new pics of the doggie :)

He hadn't been around lately. I posted a pic of Captain Crunch on the favorite captain thread. :eek:

Out of date?

Interesting. It's the first three responses on a Google search. And the only three that come back from Royal Caribbean's official website. I don't doubt that you found your posting of the rule somewhere on RCI's site, but I can't find it and Google doesn't turn it up either.

Why would anyone think any of the first three (and only official) hits are out of date?

Not sure why some places can't be just for adults? DL and CL during cocktail hour just about screams Adult Time. I have 6 grandchildren -- I love kids, but there are times and places where they simply don't belong.

Doesn't matter how well behaved they are -- or aren't.

I know that many parents today simply think the world revolves around their kids -- that they are entitled to be treated equally, but I don't subscribe to that. 3 hours out of the day, isn't too much to ask for a child-free environment.

Mike

Most often I see the kids restriction on the letter in the stateroom that outlines the perks for Diamond and above.

Nothing was mentioned in the letter either. Most nights it was crowded and we couldn't find a seat and that was ok. Kids got a quick bite and shirley temple and I got my glass of wine to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He hadn't been around lately. I posted a pic of Captain Crunch on the favorite captain thread. :eek:

As soon as his wife lets him post he'll be back. Especially since he'll smell blood in the water :D:D

There are "two" letters...and it seems the DL concierge can decide which they'll use on any given cruise. Personally I feel if the cruiser has status, they should be admitted into the DL...but many will disagree.

Not sure why some places can't be just for adults? DL and CL during cocktail hour just about screams Adult Time. I have 6 grandchildren -- I love kids, but there are times and places where they simply don't belong.

Doesn't matter how well behaved they are -- or aren't.

I know that many parents today simply think the world revolves around their kids -- that they are entitled to be treated equally, but I don't subscribe to that. 3 hours out of the day, isn't too much to ask for a child-free environment.

Mike

Perhaps you should let Royal know they should have the kids clubs operating at that time just for that reason; so the kids have somewhere to go when the parents want to utilize their lounge access.

ry%3D480

Question about the dress code...we reached Diamond on our last trip, so we haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the DL yet. I understand during cocktail hour that we should be dressed in our dinner clothes. But what about just to get a coffee at another time of the day? I see it says "Smart Casual", but so do a lot of the C&A events we have been to and we've seen LOTS of regular vacation clothes/shorts being worn. My husband always has a cup of the free coffee from the Promenade in his hand when we are onboard, so I see him visiting the DL a lot for coffee (if the machine is working...), but only if he's allowed in with his regular shorts and t-shirt...

Question about the dress code...we reached Diamond on our last trip, so we haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the DL yet. I understand during cocktail hour that we should be dressed in our dinner clothes. But what about just to get a coffee at another time of the day? I see it says "Smart Casual", but so do a lot of the C&A events we have been to and we've seen LOTS of regular vacation clothes/shorts being worn. My husband always has a cup of the free coffee from the Promenade in his hand when we are onboard, so I see him visiting the DL a lot for coffee (if the machine is working...), but only if he's allowed in with his regular shorts and t-shirt...

The 'stricter' part of the dress code is only in effect during cocktail hours, meaning if he is in shorts and a tee shirt during the day and going for coffee that is fine. Or even if he wants to sit in there all day like that, that's fine.

Perhaps you should let Royal know they should have the kids clubs operating at that time just for that reason; so the kids have somewhere to go when the parents want to utilize their lounge access.

While I agree that they should have the kids club open, they are not Royal's kids, so if someone has to choose between their kids or a free drink in the lounge -- well, I know I would choose the kids and NOT the lounge.

Your logic falls right into the entitlement argument -- sorry -- if you are traveling with children you aren't as "Free" as when you are not traveling with children. That simply the way it is. Choices have consequences.

Mike

Interesting. It's the first three responses on a Google search. And the only three that come back from Royal Caribbean's official website. I don't doubt that you found your posting of the rule somewhere on RCI's site, but I can't find it and Google doesn't turn it up either.

Why would anyone think any of the first three (and only official) hits are out of date?

Maybe that's just something us seasoned cruisers know. ;)

I actually found several references all over the board. I think I stayed in the FAQ section on Royals website. The letter i posted is indicative of what I have experienced sailing out of Florida.

On the Liberty of the Seas 2 weeks ago, the letter we received said well behaved children under 18 were welcome in the Diamond Lounge. Spoke to Anis(concierge) and he said children were welcome. My granddaughter visited the lounge after 7 most nights and the lounge was mostly empty. If we didn't use the lounge we were in the Olive and Twist.

Bertie booted me out of Freedom DL for wearing shorts and a t-shirt on formal night. Truth of the matter is I was just in there while Laura was getting dressed. We had first seating. Guys can dress for formal night in about 3 minutes, ladies take longer. :D

Edited by John&LaLa

There are "two" letters...and it seems the DL concierge can decide which they'll use on any given cruise. Personally I feel if the cruiser has status, they should be admitted into the DL...but many will disagree.

So do you think that if a minor is Diamond "in their own right" they have more right to the DL than the child of Diamond parents who is on their first or second cruise?

Edited by John&LaLa

While I agree that they should have the kids club open, they are not Royal's kids, so if someone has to choose between their kids or a free drink in the lounge -- well, I know I would choose the kids and NOT the lounge.

Your logic falls right into the entitlement argument -- sorry -- if you are traveling with children you aren't as "Free" as when you are not traveling with children. That simply the way it is. Choices have consequences.

Mike

You do realize you have child free zones for MORE than 3 hours a day as well, right? The Solarium. The Night Club.

But the only thing I can find published on Royal's site says those with status, age 21 and under, need to be accompanied by an adult.

Expecting people to refrain from using something they are allowed access to because you don't like it is "entitlement" on your behalf. There are designated adult areas onboard if that if your main concern.

Am I misreading your main concern here; to have areas explicitly designated as adults only?

You should refer to this link that pretty plainly states those under 21 are allowed when accompanies by adults. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Edited by LMaxwell

Maybe that's just something us seasoned cruisers know. ;)

I actually found several references all over the board. I think I stayed in the FAQ section on Royals website. The letter i posted is indicative of what I have experienced sailing out of Florida.

I believe you; but can you link or provide a source reference so I can bookmark it?

So do you think that if a minor is Diamond "in their own right" they have more right to the DL than the child of Diamond parents who is on their first or second cruise?

That's in the realm of the hypothetical CL seat to me...potato, po-tah-to.

I believe you; but can you link or provide a source reference so I can bookmark it?

Sure, I'll see if I can find it again.

I'm actually currently searching for 3 different rules now.

JS access of CK for dinner

DVD/PS3 players in suites

and now Minors in DL during Happy Hour :eek:

Any other requests. ;)

My first stop on the way to the flowrider, actually my first stop is just to get a coffee from the machine in the DL, I am often in board shorts and a rash guard, nobody cares. It is only in the evening that anyone is dressed up.

JC

1. During the day, no one cares. (and no one is in there most of the time to tell you otherwise)

2. In this instance, "smart casual" often means "not naked, please." :eek: :rolleyes: