Red Frog Pub

EZcruiserfamily

A few questions, since I've read a lot of positive comments on Red Frog Pub...

What is there to do when relaxing in the Red Frog Pub (ie..Is this where the shuffle board table is? Sports on TV?)

What kind of snacks are offered and which foods would be an extra cost?

Is Red Frog kid friendly for a 10-yr old?

Any difference for Red Frog on each ship? I'll be on the Magic.

Thanks! For all the reading I've done the past few months, the closer September comes, the more questions I think of. 30 days!!!!! :D

The RFP on Magic was my absolute favorite place to hang out. I just loved the girls in there. I dont remember snacks but I never asked for any. Various food items for fee will be on a menu. I didnt try any but what I saw looked great and prices seemed reasonable.

They were outstanding to my 5 year old nephew! If you like mojitos, Id suggest trying their Ting mojito. It was most excellent!

The RFP on Magic was my absolute favorite place to hang out. I just loved the girls in there. I dont remember snacks but I never asked for any. Various food items for fee will be on a menu. I didnt try any but what I saw looked great and prices seemed reasonable.

They were outstanding to my 5 year old nephew! If you like mojitos, Id suggest trying their Ting mojito. It was most excellent!

Yes the Ting Mojito is awesome!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am happy to see Valor has a RFP but I looked at the menu and couldn't tell if the food was extra or included. Also wondering if the Java stout beer was only on the Vista because it has a brewery or if other pubs have it?

but either way, I'll find out in December. And I'll drink whatever they have. That ting thing sounds cool.

Edited by originalgeek

Not all Red Frog Pubs will have food served. Magic and Breeze do. Unless the price went up, all appetizers were 3.33 and they are pretty good (for greasy bar food). They are nice, large venues on Breeze and Magic with both indoor and outdoor seating and live music in the evenings. The bartenders in all Red Frog Pubs I have visited have been very friendly. Kids are fine in the venue as well.

They do not play sports on the TV in there when I've been there, but they do scroll through pictures of guests the bartenders take on a digital camera.

It is a great venue.

Not all Red Frog Pubs will have food served. Magic and Breeze do. Unless the price went up, all appetizers were 3.33 and they are pretty good (for greasy bar food). They are nice, large venues on Breeze and Magic with both indoor and outdoor seating and live music in the evenings. The bartenders in all Red Frog Pubs I have visited have been very friendly. Kids are fine in the venue as well.

They do not play sports on the TV in there when I've been there, but they do scroll through pictures of guests the bartenders take on a digital camera.

It is a great venue.

ha! that's cool. I'll see if they do that on Valor. My DW will be terribly vexed by my antics trying to get on camera. She'll buy me beer to shut me up though so it's worth it.

I loved the conch balls!! I also got the coconut shrimp. They were good but my fave was the conch. Also had fried chick peas in bowls for free. Ask for some they are a good. I had never heard of those.

I think they are fried pigeon peas. I had to learn to make them at home after our cruise on the Magic.

What is there to do when relaxing in the Red Frog Pub (ie..Is this where the shuffle board table is? Sports on TV?)

Thanks! For all the reading I've done the past few months, the closer September comes, the more questions I think of. 30 days!!!!! :D

The RFP on the Magic is so much fun!! It is kid friendly. They have the ring & hook games on the tables, shuffle board, checkers and the bean bag toss game outside.

Try the fried pigeon peas, they're really good.

It's such a fun atmosphere!

Yes, I do like mojitos! My hubby makes a great mojito, so we'll have to order up some Ting mojitos just for a taste test!! :D

The RFP on the Magic is so much fun!! It is kid friendly. They have the ring & hook games on the tables, shuffle board, checkers and the bean bag toss game outside.

Try the fried pigeon peas, they're really good.

It's such a fun atmosphere!

Thanks, I'm really excited to play shuffleboard with my daughter. There was a shuffleboard table where my dad used to take us kids when we were little. Good times, good memories.

I think they are fried pigeon peas. I had to learn to make them at home after our cruise on the Magic.

I have never heard of pigeon peas! I have heard of making hummus with garbanzo beans but never frying them and they are delicious. I did look up the recipe when I got home but never took the time to make them! I am on the freedom in 3 weeks and the red frog pub doesn't serve food on this ship[emoji22]

I loved the conch balls!! I also got the coconut shrimp. They were good but my fave was the conch.

We also liked the Coconut Shrimp:)

Also had fried chick peas in bowls for free. Ask for some they are a good. I had never heard of those.

Our Servers/Bartenders, told us they were fried pigeon (or frog) balls, the same as the conch balls!!!:confused::confused: We didn't ask any more questions about them!!:D:confused: We did get several bowls of them every time we went to the RFP though!:D

Edited by jwjax

Red Frog was out normal meeting spot for our group before dinner on the Breeze. We'd usually hang out there and have a couple pre-dinner cocktails (the Mango Mojito was my fave). We also spent time here at other points throughout the week. They had a little seating area just off the Promenade that wasn't "in" the actual bar. We'd let our 14 month wander around there. And all of the waiters were so good to our daughter - talking to her, playing with her a bit, etc.

The appetizers were good...really liked the coconut shrimp..and very reasonably priced. The musicians later in the evening were great too! Also enjoyed the shuffleboard table! The outside seating was great as well! Loved the rocking table benches.

And don't forget, if you're the first guests to order a drink in the Red Frog on the first day of the cruise, you're drink is free and you get your photo taken for John Heald's blog. My friends are boarding the Vista today and they were the first ones to make it there and get their drinks!

We also liked the Coconut Shrimp:)

Our Servers/Bartenders, told us they were fried pigeon (or frog) balls, the same as the conch balls!!!:confused::confused: We didn't ask any more questions about them!!:D:confused: We did get several bowls of them every time we went to the RFP though!:D

[/Q

So the one picture is the crunchy free ones they put on the table. They are fried chic peas/garbanzo beans. The second picture is the larger squishy conch balls that are on the pub hen menu and cost $3.33 if I remember right. They are kind of like hush puppies but are made with conch. They come with a delicious dipping sauce. I had to put the pictures on the new comment as they wouldn't load! I just pulled these off the internet.

Edited by smyliecruising

I loved the conch balls!! I also got the coconut shrimp. They were good but my fave was the conch. Also had fried chick peas in bowls for free. Ask for some they are a good. I had never heard of those.

OMG...conch fritters or balls were my favorite. I was so sad when I went on the Freedom a few weeks ago and there was no food. Luckily I will get to have them on the Breeze in September.

They also have a singer/guitar player on a small stage in the evenings.

The Magic's RFP had a ring game outside (ring on a string, try to swing it to the hook on the post/tree). The Foosball and shuffleboard tables were kind of outside between the RFP & the Ocean Plaza.

During the day and early evening I would say it is very kid friendly. My daughter (now 9) loved the RFP on the last three cruises we were on (one each year since 2013). Later at night it can get busy/full with people getting their drink on. :eek: