Just want to say thanks,and I'm grateful

kk99

I just wanted to say thanks to the posters on the Celebrity Board for being helpful, and civil in expressing their viewpoints and opinions.The breadth of knowledge is wonderful, and always appreciated in researching a new itinerary or port.

I am grateful to the hosts and moderators who volunteer their time to keep the boards on point. I've had the pleasure of cruising with a few of them, and they are indeed wonderfully generous people with their time and efforts here on Cruise Critic. I wish Host Andy the best in his future cruise related role.

I appreciate Celebrity trying to make changes and updates to freshen up the product even if they are not always things I might use, but someone else might.

I appreciate the shoreside staff and the ship staff for their interactions and smiling faces which add to the enjoyment of my vacation.

Are their things I would like to see improved on Celebrity, of course, but in the big picture scheme they are minor.

So I wish everyone on the board a great weekend, and look forward to cruising with several of you in the near future.

I just wanted to say thanks to the posters on the Celebrity Board for being helpful, and civil in expressing their viewpoints and opinions.The breadth of knowledge is wonderful, and always appreciated in researching a new itinerary or port.

I am grateful to the hosts and moderators who volunteer their time to keep the boards on point. I've had the pleasure of cruising with a few of them, and they are indeed wonderfully generous people with their time and efforts here on Cruise Critic. I wish Host Andy the best in his future cruise related role.

I appreciate Celebrity trying to make changes and updates to freshen up the product even if they are not always things I might use, but someone else might.

I appreciate the shoreside staff and the ship staff for their interactions and smiling faces which add to the enjoyment of my vacation.

Are their things I would like to see improved on Celebrity, of course, but in the big picture scheme they are minor.

So I wish everyone on the board a great weekend, and look forward to cruising with several of you in the near future.

Amen and/or Rated: A+

Great post.

As a forced non cruiser for a few months I would also add how much I have enjoyed following the adventures of others. The pre cruise traumas, the on board experiences and the reviews that have followed.

'Long live Cruise Critic and all who sail with her!'

Edited by chemmo

Well said! I appreciate your positive attitude as compared to a lot of complaining that is seen. We've been cruising since the 90s and do miss the top quality cuts of beef every night in the MDR and realize costs are climbing-inflation-,but cruising is still the best "bang for your buck" that you can get. Price 14 nights of hotels, 3 generous meals a day, at a minimum, transportation, and travel several thousand miles and see what that would cost compared to today's cruising costs.

Well said! I appreciate your positive attitude as compared to a lot of complaining that is seen. We've been cruising since the 90s and do miss the top quality cuts of beef every night in the MDR and realize costs are climbing-inflation-,but cruising is still the best "bang for your buck" that you can get. Price 14 nights of hotels, 3 generous meals a day, at a minimum, transportation, and travel several thousand miles and see what that would cost compared to today's cruising costs.

We too have been cruising since the 90's and anytime that I might think of complaining about the "deterioration" of quality on a cruise ship all I have to do is think about the downhill spiral of service and amenities in the airline industry and I thank my lucky stars for cruise ships!

We too have been cruising since the 90's and anytime that I might think of complaining about the "deterioration" of quality on a cruise ship all I have to do is think about the downhill spiral of service and amenities in the airline industry and I thank my lucky stars for cruise ships!

Totally agree. Flying has deteriorated so much it is now like a torture test. OP, I thank you for taking the time to remind us how lucky we are to be able to cruise.

Carolyn

Hi Kelcie,

Thanks for your great post, and your very kind comments. Only a few more days to go for me as Host Andy. It's been a huge rollercoaster of emotions over the past few days, as I'm sad to be leaving Cruise Critic, yet, super excited about my new role. I think the reality sunk in, when I read a draft of the Press release, which is coming soon. While the Host Andy chapter is closing, I promise to be around, and will participate and continue to help our members as much as time permits.

Agree with everything you said, in that the Celebrity forum has many wonderful members, most of whom enjoy helping others as much as I do... and that's certainly a good thing ! Our member participation is what makes this, and other Cruise Critic forums a huge success. I also appreciate that Celebrity is trying new things. It will keep the cruise experience from going stale. Fine with me... as we have many future cruises booked.

Thanks again for starting this thread. All the best to you, and I hope we'll see you on a future Celebrity cruise.

Edited by Host Andy

Haven't you learned by now? Being positive is not a valued attribute here.

I love all those people who glorify the old days of cruising. In 1990 on our first cruise we paid $1800 a person to sail 7 days to Bermuda in an ocean view cabin where the beds were bolted to the floor so they couldn't be combined. If you sat across from each other your knees touched. The ship tossed and turned to the point where I was holding onto a table in the entertainment lounge for dear life. I said to myself what am I doing here? Never again !!! Of course you had midnight buffet every night but it seemed there were a lot of people who just stuffed themselves with potato salad in the midnight hours. Now I can get a balcony cabin for two for a lot less than that with buffet food all day.

Edited by NordicPrince
more stuff

Great post. My wife and I are retiring this year and are celebrating with 26 days at sea in 2017. It was good to be reminded of all the people involved in making our trips moments that we treasure. Like many of you I read Cruise Critic almost every day as I anxiously await our next cruise. It is rare that I do not learn something new, useful, or just plain funny!! Thanks to all! Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

You are amazing! Love your positivity as more is needed in this world. Happy Weekend to all!

Appreciate this very nicely positive message and well-deserved praise for those on this board who focus on such helpful sharing. Keep up the good work!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 216,109 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

One of a kind post! Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who responded with kind remarks. I read the posts this evening( on my birthday) and it was like getting another present. I wish everyone on the Cruise Critic board a safe, fun, and relaxing cruise adventure. You are the best.

KK99 -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

It was refreshing to read your message. Although we don't post a lot, we've been avid readers of CC since Johnny discovered it a few years ago. We have used many of the tips & pointers since then. Plus enjoyed the roll calls and Meet & Greets.

Thanks to everyone who responded with kind remarks. I read the posts this evening( on my birthday) and it was like getting another present. I wish everyone on the Cruise Critic board a safe, fun, and relaxing cruise adventure. You are the best.

Happy Birthday Kelcie - hope you had a fantastic day. Thanks for your great attitude and your enjoyment in helping our wonderful community. All the best to you !