Cabin Mate Not going

MsMot

Good Morning! We just learned that my Mother's cabin mate can not go on the cruise and I'm not sure how this will affect my Mother's status. The woman doesn't want to get a refund because she feels terrible about having to back out. Do we notify Carnival that there will only be one person in the cabin or just let it be a no show?

Thanks, that's what I suggested to my Mom, but she is a nervous nilly and was worried they would not let her board.

When she checks in, just have her tell the counter person that her friend will be arriving later.

The counter person may not even ask...

Mike

If your mother is anything like mine, she doesn't want to lie to anyone (and I don't blame her), so rather than telling them that her cabin mate will be arriving later, she could just tell them that her friend decided not to come. I'm sure that will suffice.

If your mother is anything like mine, she doesn't want to lie to anyone (and I don't blame her), so rather than telling them that her cabin mate will be arriving later, she could just tell them that her friend decided not to come. I'm sure that will suffice.

Will that suffice? If they know she isn't coming, could they then ask for more money since it is a single rate? To me, I would volunteer any information. If asked about her roommate, just say she's not sure when she'll be at the port.

Telling them she won't be going may work. Never been in this situation. But I'd rather get my card and get on the ship without having to deal with this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will that suffice? If they know she isn't coming, could they then ask for more money since it is a single rate? To me, I would volunteer any information. If asked about her roommate, just say she's not sure when she'll be at the port.

Telling them she won't be going may work. Never been in this situation. But I'd rather get my card and get on the ship without having to deal with this.

I have done this myself. The lady didn't care and gave me the one S&S card and kept the other one. It happens all the time. They are not going to reprice you. It wouldn't matter if you told them or not because if they really wanted to they could just add it to your shipboard account. The cabin is already paid for. It's not an issue.

"She didn't get on the plane" is not a lie [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

She is already paying the single supplement of 200% since her cabin mate is not sailing so they will not ask for more money. You do not have to check in together, many families arrive and board separately. You are stressing over something that will not be a problem. The no show will get port fees and taxes back too.

Edited by dacsmom

She is already paying the single supplement of 200% since her cabin mate is not sailing so they will not ask for more money. You do not have to check in together, many families arrive and board separately. You are stressing over something that will not be a problem. The no show will get port fees and taxes back too.

So true.

Wait until you board. It will show in the computer as only one person in the cabin.

When this happened to me, I told the lady at the check in that my mom wasn't coming. I wanted Cheers and had to go down to Guest Services a couple of times the second day (it was out of Galveston-they didn't sell until 2nd day) to tell them so that I could purchase by myself.

We sailed a week ago. Four of the fourteen of us were unable to go because of a medical emergency. Our 21 year old granddaughter had a ruptured appendix so her parents and boyfriend stayed back to take care of her.

When we called, the person on the line at Carnival told us to deal with it when we checked in, so we did. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Viv0828

"She didn't get on the plane" is not a lie [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was actually referring to those posters who told her to say the roommate would be arriving later. That would be a lie, correct?

I have a question on that, what if you do a no show for your cabin mate, but you want to buy cheers, then what happens do you have to pay for two cheers packages? thanks

I would like to know the answer to this question, because I have similar situation - 3 in the cabin, but 1 is not going now. Will they have to purchase cheers package for 2 or 3? I'm thinking just 2, but not 100% sure.