First cruise!!!!!

skittles33

The Cruise Compass (Daily Schedule) will be delivered to your stateroom every evening while you are at dinner.

Be sure to read it and find out what is on the schedule for the next day.

Also note that for each port they provide the name and phone number of the ships "Port Agent." Be sure to take this ashore with you in case you need any help.

Be back from port visits on time. Don't miss the Ship!

Oh wow congratulations. We have to wait until August comes around again for our cruise. We have done Liberty before and will be going again as I said in August. Love the Freedom Class ships!! Enjoy and have fun. Go with low expectations and everything will be even better than you had hoped!!

Your in trouble now. :D You will probably get hooked like the rest of us. Bring a highlighter so you can highlight the activities you want to do. It is easier to see than having to look for the pen/pencil marks off to the side.

So excited for my first cruise leaving in a week today on Liberty! Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated! Bon Voyage!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and welcome to the wonderful world of cruising! You'll have a fantastic "first impression cruise" with Liberty! I'm very excited for you! :D

Smile, Relax, Dance, Laugh, Take a nap, Watch the Sunrise, Watch the Sunset, Make some new friends. You're on a cruise!

Finally, there's a lot to do both onboard, and ashore, and you can't do it all.

No worries. If you experience is as enjoyable as cruising is for most of us here, you'll be booking another cruise in no time. :cool:

We got off of the Liberty today. The ice show is amazing. Take time to sit and watch the world go by on an upper deck, every cruise we take we try to do more "just sitting". It is one of the best parts of cruising for us. Don't try to do everything, relax and have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So excited for my first cruise leaving in a week today on Liberty! Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated! Bon Voyage!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198413

You and gargeo should come on over to our roll call! Lots of good information. :D. You may want to start at the end and work backwards-lots of info on the port activities. Seeya in a week!

We sailed on Liberty this June and LOVED it. Here is my advice: try the coconut ranger cookies in Promanade Cafe...they are amazing! Order food you wouldn't normally eat at home, and if you love it, great. If not, they will belong you something else. Go people watching on the Promanade. Don't know what ports your visiting, but even is you don't plan to go on an excursion, get off the ship & walk around. Dress to please yourself. Say "thank you" to the employees...they appreciate it. Remember you're not the only one waiting for an elevator. Smile at people. Consider self disembarking...it's faster.

Do not over plan. But plan in the chill time.

You don't need to see and do everything.

Thank the staff and be kind. Remember, they are just trying to make sure you have a great time.

Remember, many things are really just small things unless you allow them to become big issues. Relax, take a breath and remember you are on vacation. Don't sweat the small stuff. (yes, I know some things are big things. but many or most just really are small things that we let become big things). My DW and I remind each other to relax and take a breath whenever something starts to irritate us on a trip. Gets us back to chill.

When you are in a port or even on the ship, remember there are thousands, if not millions, of people who would take your place on your trip. Its all good. You are on your vacation.

Finally... cruise by the mantra, "Toes in sand... drink in hand" Ok, if no sand, "Toes on deck....drink in hand". But the second version just doesn't sound as good. :eek:

If you order room service try the spinach dip- it's one of my favorite things on all ships!

Try and unpack as soon as you get your luggage and put your suitcases under the bed out of the way. I've began using space bags. They help keep things organized and makes packing and unpacking and then packing to go home a breeze.

We never tried specialty dining until our cruise last year.. Wow! We absolutely love chops-- with the dining package it's reasonably priced.

Don't feel like you have to do anything. Check out the steam room and gym facilities they're free and beautiful on the liberty -In my opinion-. Have a great cruise! Take lots of pictures! And be prepared to say WOW when you board. It's absolutely amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums