Email from Carnival

GalCruzer

So we are going to be on the Splendor in a few weeks and I get this email from Carnival basically saying that "special rates for higher category staterooms have become available" and that I can experience this upgrade at a promotional rate.

Just wondering for anyone who have ever received this type of email did you take the offer? We have an Oceanview room booked, so not sure exactly what category would be available...a balcony? Also not even sure what is a good deal...:confused:

I'm already dealing with booking excursions, transportation, a hotel room and trying to decide on eateries at certain ports so now this..lol...

And because I got home a couple hours ago the person who sent the email was already gone for the day. :( So I didn't get to get any details, but will certainly call tomorrow. Just looking for any info from ones who have received this.

TIA

Gal

So we are going to be on the Splendor in a few weeks and I get this email from Carnival basically saying that "special rates for higher category staterooms have become available" and that I can experience this upgrade at a promotional rate.

Just wondering for anyone who have ever received this type of email did you take the offer? We have an Oceanview room booked, so not sure exactly what category would be available...a balcony? Also not even sure what is a good deal...:confused:

I'm already dealing with booking excursions, transportation, a hotel room and trying to decide on eateries at certain ports so now this..lol...

And because I got home a couple hours ago the person who sent the email was already gone for the day. :( So I didn't get to get any details, but will certainly call tomorrow. Just looking for any info from ones who have received this.

TIA

Gal

You may be the only one.

TIA

Gal

I have never gotten an upgrade offer in 21 cruises. However, in the last 2 weeks I have gotten Carnival email offers to upgrade on 2 different cruises for $40. The balcony cabins being offered are on deck 10 on the Glory. We have balcony cabins on deck 7. The total cost would be $72.00 which includes $32 in additional taxes. And this is on the first leg of a B2B that has been booked for over a year. It looks exactly like the sample posted above.

I think that some Carnival IT tech has finally created an automated email process that does this. It includes the booking number and everything. We are not going to move since we really like deck 7 and we have the same cabin for both legs of the B2B.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

It all depends on the offer, you have to call to find out the specifics. I have taken them in the past, and also have turned down a few because it was not worth it to me. It can never hurt to listen to the offer though.

ust wondering for anyone who have ever received this type of email did you take the offer? We have an Oceanview room booked, so not sure exactly what category would be available...a balcony? Also not even sure what is a good deal...:confused:

Gal

Just remember when Carnival says higher category stateroom they are not necessarily refereeing to type of stateroom but rather category. (not OV to balcony). If you are on deck 1 aft then deck 2 mid is a category upgrade. Be mindful or what is above you before you make the move.

So how many days is the cruise? If its 7 days I would cetainly do it as its usually that much more per person from OV to suite from what I see.

As they said make sure of location and what's above you.

Another concern is if I would do a balcony suite could I ever go back to OV or IC.

Once I did balcony few years back booking anything else has to be big savings for me to do it. Like I would not give up a cruise because I could not afford the balcony but if I can at all I want a balcony.

So i called and it is an upgrade to a Deck 7 Balcony Suite. Equipped with a whirlpool master bathroom deluxe size balcony all for an additional $500. Total. Not per person. No additional taxes or fees.

What to do...?

What type of cabin were you in? Personally I would probably consider a suite at that extra cost.

So i called and it is an upgrade to a Deck 7 Balcony Suite. Equipped with a whirlpool master bathroom deluxe size balcony all for an additional $500. Total. Not per person. No additional taxes or fees.

What to do...?

We got an offer via phone from the upgrade fairy literally 15min before we were going to leave the house to drive to Galveston, the day prior to the cruise.

We went from a 4G Interior (room 9209 on the Lido), to 9C Premium Vista Balcony on the Verandah deck - for $292 total - for the coveted huge aft-wrap balcony. That was totally worth it for us, but I would probably pass on the suite offer...

Obviously it will come down to if a suite is worth it to you.

We booked an Ocean view. I didn't realize there was such a difference between a balcony and a suite. Guess that's how it is when you've only gone on 3 Cruises and all were Ocean view. I have always wanted to get a balcony. Just like we prefer at some Hotel Resorts. But not sure I want or need such a big room even for a 6 day cruise.

Edited by GalCruzer

What to do...?

Omg take it!! I'd be all over that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got an offer via phone from the upgrade fairy literally 15min before we were going to leave the house to drive to Galveston, the day prior to the cruise.

We went from a 4G Interior (room 9209 on the Lido), to 9C Premium Vista Balcony on the Verandah deck - for $292 total - for the coveted huge aft-wrap balcony. That was totally worth it for us, but I would probably pass on the suite offer...

Obviously it will come down to if a suite is worth it to you.

Nice! Only upsell offer we've ever received was to leave our Cove on the Magic for a Spa Balcony. We turned it down and we're glad we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What to do...?

What is a whirlpool master bathroom deluxe size balcony?

What to do...?

Depends what cabin and its location you are now before the offer.

Hi OP,

I haven't read all the replies, but I will add that yes I received 2 emails from Carnival this week. We have an Oceanview on a cruise in October, on Inspiration, just a little 4 nighter. THe UPSELL for $20 was for a Foreward OV Cabin, on a higher Deck.

I love the Aft section that I chose, plus we have cabins above us, not the dining room. Which was the Upsell in each email. I may not be interested on this cruise, but I like that Carnival was asking anyway. NExt cruise???:)

What is a whirlpool master bathroom deluxe size balcony?

Ha...smartphone and lack of commas;

Jet whirlpool hot tub

"Deluxe " balcony (bigger than a regular sized one)

Master bathroom

and other things I wrote down that I now cannot read...

And above us would be more cabins.

Edited by GalCruzer

Sounds like one the suites. I am that exception to the "how much time do you actually spend in your cabin" rule and would just at a chance for another Suite. Love the room, the balcony, the perks [emoji4] If you can afford it, I say just go for it!

Edited by lollylew

Daughter, who is on Valor now, got one about 1 pm last Thurs to upgrade from inside to balcony. She was at work and did not read it right away. They called her house with same offer hubby answered it and took the offer. About 5 pm same day she got a call on her cell to upgrade to a suite. Did not take that one

I got an offer to upgrade to a Balcony from our interior room on our May Ecstasy sailing. It was for some crazy low amount like $50 or something. It came via an email similar to yours. We booked a year out, so we paid much less for our interior than someone who booked that day would have paid - so we could have gotten a balcony for basically less than an interior room on the same sailing.

By the time I talked to the wife about doing it, the offer was gone. It was relatively close to sailing (less than 2 months away I guess), so I guess Carnival wanted to fill up the balconies and make the lower-priced interior rooms more available.

I got an offer to upgrade to a Balcony from our interior room on our May Ecstasy sailing. It was for some crazy low amount like $50 or something. It came via an email similar to yours. We booked a year out, so we paid much less for our interior than someone who booked that day would have paid - so we could have gotten a balcony for basically less than an interior room on the same sailing.

By the time I talked to the wife about doing it, the offer was gone. It was relatively close to sailing (less than 2 months away I guess), so I guess Carnival wanted to fill up the balconies and make the lower-priced interior rooms more available.

Does the Ecstasy have balconies? Or was it a suite? I was under the impression that Fantasy class ships have no balconies.