New *Breed* of CHOGS

Merion_Mom

This used to really bother me and I would end up acting out doing or saying something, and I found out I was the one ending up looking like a fool for doing something.

So now I try to stay calm and move on, and hope someone else takes care of the problem for me.

I am glad you got a seat though.

Safe travels.

I realize people do this all the time, but are you "allowed" to save seats? I ask this, because if I ever was confronted with this situation, I would not be phased and just sit in the seats anyway. Just like in a restaurant, most will not seat you until your whole party is there.

Think folk just need to be sensible - if I need to save a seat for 5 or 10 minutes, while the wife nips to the loo or the bar, then I don't see that as unreasonable (and good luck to whoever thinks they can take it regardless).

If she's away shopping or doing other exciting things round the boat, then I wouldn't keep the seat.

Think folk just need to be sensible - if I need to save a seat for 5 or 10 minutes, while the wife nips to the loo or the bar, then I don't see that as unreasonable (and good luck to whoever thinks they can take it regardless).

If she's away shopping or doing other exciting things round the boat, then I wouldn't keep the seat.

Yes, I totally agree. If one of us had to visit the facilities or something....I am really talking about someone that saves multiple seats. I remember years ago, one family member sat at an end seat of a row and another member sat at the other end seat. They were saving the whole row and never allowed anyone in. :eek: We watched this for about 20 minutes. No confrontations....but are you "allowed" to do this??? Seems really wrong to me.

Yes, I totally agree. If one of us had to visit the facilities or something....I am really talking about someone that saves multiple seats. I remember years ago, one family member sat at an end seat of a row and another member sat at the other end seat. They were saving the whole row and never allowed anyone in. :eek: We watched this for about 20 minutes. No confrontations....but are you "allowed" to do this??? Seems really wrong to me.

I don't think it's allowed as such, but I'm pretty certain the crew won't routinely get involved - maybe unless someone directly complains to them ?

In the circumstances you describe, I'd be OK with the person holding the seat next to them (maybe 2 of them - could be kids/dependents) but if I wanted to sit in the middle of the row, then I would.

Not sure if someone sitting down but holding a chair for someone in their party really counts as chair hog. You have no idea what may have delayed the "missing" person (I.e. Bathroom,elevator, sick, changing, whatever). In that situation I don't consider it rude or disrespectful to other passengers. Now if it's one person holding a whole row...this might be a bit different but I'm torn. Is it just smart planning to have one person from the party grab seats while the rest come a bit later or should they wait for the entire party then possible be separated and unable to enjoy their time together? I think I get more upset at the ones that drop their stuff on chairs to hold them all day yet really only use the chairs once or very few times. That is more a chair hog. While I don't discount anyone feeling slighted over an open seat being held with no one in it yet, consider as I mentioned that you don't know if that person just stepped away or is just slower getting to the seat than their partner in "crime" Me I'll just find another seat, stand or leave, not worth getting upset over. although if after 40 min I notice no one shows up I would end up irritated too and I might just sit down anyway and offer to leave when/if the other person arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This used to really bother me and I would end up acting out doing or saying something, and I found out I was the one ending up looking like a fool for doing something.

So now I try to stay calm and move on, and hope someone else takes care of the problem for me.

I am glad you got a seat though.

Safe travels.

Send me, I will sit in those vacant seats.... LOL a joke regarding the DL...