Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

I have the stats from Oasis Sept 3

441 platinum

172 emerald

343 diamond

125 diamond plus

18 pinnacle

The diamond lounge was typical - full 1st night and then progressively less throughout the week. Going after 6pm seemed to help

On the Anthem Aug. 25th cruise there were a ton of Gold-Platinum, 500+ Ds, 53 D+ & 13 Pinnacles. I found out later on inquiry to my review that D+ could have used the Concierge Lounge.

Spoke to concierge on the ship and followed up to confirm with my PVP at Royal. Within the next month changes are coming to C&A program with the elimination of a lounge for Diamond members. They'll still get the 3 drinks loaded to their cards but will have to use them in one of the bars.

It was a good run while it lasted.

Why is it always some unspecified date in the future? Considering the planning that would need to happen you would think RCI would have an exact date?

:confused:

What planning? It is easy to do and can be changed on any cruise.

This rumor has not been true for two years.

It must be planned. All Diamond seapass cards must be keyed correctly before boarding. The HD, CD, and LA all need to know what's happening because there will be some very upset passengers. Easy is relative to how much they plan this move. But I must say what they should do, and what they actually do, will probably be different of every ship.

This is always posted as though it will be true shortly for all sailings.

This rumor has not been true for two years.

It must be planned. All Diamond seapass cards must be keyed correctly before boarding. The HD, CD, and LA all need to know what's happening because there will be some very upset passengers. Easy is relative to how much they plan this move. But I must say what they should do, and what they actually do, will probably be different of every ship.

This is always posted as though it will be true shortly for all sailings.

Wasn't there a post that referred to a very reliable RCL official that something was going to be announced this past May and this item was one of the changes in the announcement--what happened & I guess one can't believe those reliable RCL officials. lol

Wasn't there a post that referred to a very reliable RCL official that something was going to be announced this past May and this item was one of the changes in the announcement--what happened & I guess one can't believe those reliable RCL officials. lol

Here it is- over 2500 posts- We have a ways to go on this one to catch up:p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2345079&highlight=changes

I have found posts going back to November of 2013 when we got vouchers. I remember asking the LA on Allure back in December 2014. This has been around for a LONG time.

I'm not saying it won't happen, because eventually D's got kicked out of the CL.

On the Anthem Aug. 25th cruise there were a ton of Gold-Platinum, 500+ Ds, 53 D+ & 13 Pinnacles. I found out later on inquiry to my review that D+ could have used the Concierge Lounge.

Who told you that they couldn't? They have always been allowed in the CL on Anthem. No change.

I was on the Freedom sept 4th in a GS we are D and we usually went to the CL. On 2 occasions we went to the D lounge and my card wouldn't work and some other people let us in. I didn't think twice about it at the time but I wonder if D's weren't aloud in there or it was just a mistake when they processed my sea pass card? I should of looked into it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mark22mac

I guess that I assumed the same policy as in other ships. Also, I expected to see it in the D+ benefit listings.

Oasis class and Liberty are the only ships that don't admit D+ to the CL. ALL other ships do.

jc shows the benefit page and it DOES say this:

Why is it always some unspecified date in the future? Considering the planning that would need to happen you would think RCI would have an exact date?

:confused:

And why is it the OP....the person announcing this change.....hasn't come back to answer on which ship and when he was told about this major change. :confused:

On the Harmony in August there were roughly 120 people D and above. The 64 seat diamond lounge was almost empty all nights.

This will obviously change for the TA :D! Then the number of Pinnacles onboard will exceed alone this number...

steamboats

How many Pinnacles are there again if so many are on one cruise? I guess many seem to do the same style cruising and the crossings seem very popular by them

How many Pinnacles are there again if so many are on one cruise? I guess many seem to do the same style cruising and the crossings seem very popular by them

That is one of the most closely guarded secrets in the Royal Caribbean portfolio. ;)

No one knows; no one says.

We all sit around guessing.

Here's mine.

Around 3,000.

That is one of the most closely guarded secrets in the Royal Caribbean portfolio. ;)

No one knows; no one says.

We all sit around guessing.

Here's mine.

Around 3,000.

My guess is the same as your guess:)

Mine too! And still don't know why it's such a closely guarded secret. It doesn't have be how many are active/currently cruising just how many have achieved PC status since it's inception. I know that # is in a database somewhere. ;)

Probably the same thing that happened to the inaccurate info posted a long time back that insured us (from a reliable source) that there would be a new tier level between D+ and Pinnacle. Reliable officials are not so reliable but we sure like to believe they are.

Edited by looking4info

And why is it the OP....the person announcing this change.....hasn't come back to answer on which ship and when he was told about this major change. :confused:

Because.... they know, nothing more gets the CC status and police more excited than them losing there coffee or FREE drinks in the DL...

These C & A threads get more use than smoking and chair hog threads....

Attempt to take something away that doesn't even belong to them, and hear them scream....

More time is spent worrying about things you might or might not get, then the actual upcoming cruise.

Edited by troykahack