Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

So if there is no Diamond lounge, will we get 6 drink coupons loaded on our sea pass? That is fine with us because the Diamond lounge was always so crowded. We just got our glass of wine and walked out and to dinner we went!

The changes on Allure this week are only for this week. Nothing has changed for other sailings or other ships. It is due to the numbers of D, D+ and PC onboard for the President's cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought most of these cruises had a drink package included in fare. Was there other places to get coffee?

Where are you getting the idea that most cruises have drink packages included? Have you seen some special offers? I have yet to see RCI offer included drink packages in cruises sold in the U.S.:confused:

Great answer.... eating is not necessary. I just thought eating and the food were a good part of the cruise, I suppose it can be the lounge and drinking.

Cruising appeals to people for many different reasons. That is why you can find such a diverse group of people on a ship. For some it is eating and food. For others it is lounges and alcohol. For others it is family time together. What is very important to one person may mean nothing to another person. So just as a seat in a lounge is important to you for another it is the coffee machine.

We should all just accept that we all have our own priorities and stop trying to knock the folks whose priorities may mean nothing to us.

Hello fellow recent cruisers..

Is it true...no more diamond lounge for diamonds??? Instead drinks loaded on one's sea pass card?? What is the logistics of that??? Any bar?? any time??? and what if you purchased the drink package????

I enjoyed the Diamond lounge because it was a great way to interact with other frequent cruisers...we made many friends in the diamond lounges...

And if the diamonds are getting demoted so to speak...how many points do we need for the plus sign???

Thanks

Bee

Is it true...no more diamond lounge for diamonds??? Instead drinks loaded on one's sea pass card?? What is the logistics of that??? Any bar?? any time??? and what if you purchased the drink package????

I enjoyed the Diamond lounge because it was a great way to interact with other frequent cruisers...we made many friends in the diamond lounges...

And if the diamonds are getting demoted so to speak...how many points do we need for the plus sign???

Thanks

Bee

Yes there are 3 drinks nightly loaded onto your Seapass card but Diamonds are still welcome in the DL.

Cruising appeals to people for many different reasons. That is why you can find such a diverse group of people on a ship. For some it is eating and food. For others it is lounges and alcohol. For others it is family time together. What is very important to one person may mean nothing to another person. So just as a seat in a lounge is important to you for another it is the coffee machine.

We should all just accept that we all have our own priorities and stop trying to knock the folks whose priorities may mean nothing to us.

I've just been reading all of these posts (and some others) and have decided that it's just not worth stressing about. Well said by the way Ocean Boy!;) Let's all have some fabulous cruises and we can all eat, drink and be merry!!:cool: Nowhere else I would rather be than on a ship and enjoying my Deluxe drinks package to boot!!:p

AGree with the answers, but shake my head at the constant bringing up a non-existent change.

Last week had multiple drinks in the DL and had multiple drinks at bars from 5pm to 8:30PM.

Please people if you see this stuff on any post and there is not a link to a RCI statement, please resist the suction into that black hole of negativity, that certain people live to feed on.

JC

Sounds like they are simply taking a page from the Celebrity playbook. On that line, when there are too many Elites for their nightly party, they issue 3 drink vouchers (per person) that can be used at any bar during the normal Elite 2 hour cocktail time.

Hank

Sounds like they are simply taking a page from the Celebrity playbook. On that line, when there are too many Elites for their nightly party, they issue 3 drink vouchers (per person) that can be used at any bar during the normal Elite 2 hour cocktail time.

Hank

Hank, you have been a member here for a long time.... This didn't just happen this week. It has been happening for at least two years.

Nothing has changed. Remember when us crappy diamonds cruise with Celebrity we get Elite status.... RCI is better 3-1/2 hour cocktail time....

JC

Great look on things Ocean Boy. Life is too short to worry about how man free drinks can I get for FREE in a crowded room.

I will take the outside promenade deck where people sometimes play shuffleboard, pull down my ball cap, and when a sea day, just listen to the sound of the ocean and wind and remain brain dead at peace with not a care in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Regarding the drinks package question, the Diamond members discount was reintroduced this week on The Jewel, with D members getting a 30% discount on the new Deluxe package.

Thanks

Bee

Regarding the drinks package question, the Diamond members discount was reintroduced this week on The Jewel, with D members getting a 30% discount on the new Deluxe package.

Thanks. Only for on board purchasing I assume?

We were just on Oasis. The only change I noticed at this time was the elimination of the welcome back party for the lower tier C&A members.

I met with the Loyalty ambassador and I heard her explaining this to another guest ......who was disappointed by this. It was a bit uncomfortable for everyone.

Where are you getting the idea that most cruises have drink packages included? Have you seen some special offers? I have yet to see RCI offer included drink packages in cruises sold in the U.S.:confused:

On some sailings during a promotion they offer ultimate drink and dinner packages included in the price of the cruise, we have the ultimate drink and dining on our Feb. 5 2017 sailing on the Allure.

I'm not diamond yet but I will be more than happy to have the drinks added in my sea pass. Also so many people have drink passes that the benefits of the drink in the lounge is no longer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, on a 7 day cruise the diamond benefits are worth several hundred dollars per couple if you don't drink during the day time hours. I only drink for dinner, so a drink package as diamond would be a waste for me.

I do agree the drinks packages are a great deal for those who want an all-inclusive vacation. For those people who do things, being diamond is a great deal.;)

JC

I was just working up to posting a couple of snarky comments and then you had to come along with kindness and rationality. I cannot top that! Happy cruising to all, each in their own way.

The C&A package discount was mentioned at Michael Bayley's Q&A this afternoon on the Allure.

100 D+ and 200 Diamond are nothing. I've been on Anthem cruises where there were over 1000 D+ and Diamond.

We were at the other end of the Spectrum on Anthem in April, about 15 people in the CL. Had great personal service and got to know the servers well!

I have said it before and I will say it again. If royal really wants to clear out the lounges just let people have the same amount of drinks that they would get in the lounge at any of the bars on the ships during happy hour times. The main reason my family and friends got to the happy hour event is to sit and talk with old friends that we have made over the years of cruising. we would much rather go to a bar that does not get much attention from other guests before dinner then be pushed into a lounge. Our last group we had was about 15 people in a semi circle in one of the over flow areas on grandeur. If you are nursing 3 drinks in say even two hours congratulations your drink is either warm now or has gotten watered down.

Royal has made this problem for them selves. Years ago when they did diamonds in December where diamonds got double points most of our group who were diamonds would not take a October cruise and just wait till the December time from. Then they would go every year and do a 12 day cruise out of baltimore that is 24 points every time, and most people went for the cheapest cabin they could get just to get the double points. Now royal has so many diamonds and above that they are running out of room to put everyone.