Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

Appreciate what your saying, but as a Pinnacle, who's spent a huge amount of money, cruising over 100 times, it's nice to be recognized. And trust me, I'm very respectful to the Suite guests. There's room for both of us.

I agree. Pinnacle is a awesome milestone. I see you neglected to mention Diamond Plus and Diamonds. Do you feel they have the same rights as Suite Guest and Pinnacle in the CL/SL.

Yes, it was John. When it was the Cigar Bar originally.

Actually you mentioned Brilliance. The last time I was on board, that was the one

area the 8-10 Pinnacles on board always gathered. I would be on the computer

around 3:00 in the CL...when here half of them came in to save seats in that area,

even though the cocktail hour was not until 4:30. I just shook my head. :rolleyes:

We had no problem scoring good seats on Brilliance in that CL after first seating

started, which was why we waited until then. ;)

Pat -- I notice that the lounges really thin out after people depart for first seating.

I think that before each cruise when it is known how many diamond, diamond+ and pinnacle, the lounges are adjusted.

Remember when diamonds and above had a special section in the dining room for breakfast where they could order specialty coffees? While on a Navigator cruise, we were told that the diamond section was decided just before the cruise. If there were too many diamond and above, no special section. I think it is usually that way on the larger ships.

Anyone know?

I agree. Pinnacle is a awesome milestone. I see you neglected to mention Diamond Plus and Diamonds. Do you feel they have the same rights as Suite Guest and Pinnacle in the CL/SL.

I feel the pinnacles have earned the privilege to have a separate lounge with suite guests. The Diamonds and Diamond Plus should also have their lounge. Their would be no incentive to make pinnacle if the Diamonds had the same lounges and benefits. Their needs to be something extra offered. Trust me I am not an elitist, there just needs to be something special to work for and earn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think having to earn it by having the time and money to go on a lot of cruises seems like a great burden have! I can see how it is such hard work.

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Tom

I feel the pinnacles have earned the privilege to have a separate lounge with suite guests. The Diamonds and Diamond Plus should also have their lounge. Their would be no incentive to make pinnacle if the Diamonds had the same lounges and benefits. Their needs to be something extra offered. Trust me I am not an elitist, there just needs to be something special to work for and earn.

Appreciate what your saying, but as a Pinnacle, who's spent a huge amount of money, cruising over 100 times, it's nice to be recognized. And trust me, I'm very respectful to the Suite guests. There's room for both of us.

I agree with both of you. Suite guests may be on the trip of a life time and this may be a one and done time on a cruise ship but they have sent a lot of money to be there. Pinnacles have also spent a lot to be there!. I doubt I will ever see the inside of the lounge because I don't pay the money for a suite nor do I think I will live long enough to become Pinnacle. I am not jealous, I realize that those in the SL are being recognized for something special, as it should be.

I agree with both of you. Suite guests may be on the trip of a life time and this may be a one and done time on a cruise ship but they have sent a lot of money to be there. Pinnacles have also spent a lot to be there!. I doubt I will ever see the inside of the lounge because I don't pay the money for a suite nor do I think I will live long enough to become Pinnacle. I am not jealous, I realize that those in the SL are being recognized for something special, as it should be.

From those we meet, the overwhelming majority of Suite Guests are repeat and loyal customers. Why do people think to pay for a Suite is like a once in a lifetime moment? There are so many reasons a loyal customer will book a Suite.

Edited by troykahack

A few points that I know I have mentioned before.

1. Royal needs both - suite guests and loyal repeaters.

2. Yes, some suite guests book a suite every trip. But I personally do not think this is the norm for the loyal repeater (think 10 - 12 cruises per year).

3. Royal needs the loyal repeater (mostly retired) to fill their ships during the off season. The folks I have met onboard often say that the loyalty program keeps them coming back to Royal. Things like free laundry and not having to pay for drinks in the evening helps the bottom line when cruising many times yearly.

4. Royal is smart to cater to both groups. One is not more valuable than the other.

Katherine

From those we meet, the overwhelming majority of Suite Guests are repeat and loyal customers. Why do people think to pay for a Suite is like a once in a lifetime moment? There are so many reasons a loyal customer will book a Suite.

That's the reason the word "May" is in there.

That's the reason the word "May" is in there.

Yup, we book a suite and cruise once a year at this time due to family commitments and work schedules.

Yea we became diamond rather quick.

Oh this summer we forgot to go to diamond lounge with visiting the suite lounge.

DH gets the drink package which has better offerings than suite lounge.

DD gets the drink package and does not visit the suite lounge.

Me, I love the suite lounge two glasses of champagne and Im happy.

Guess I could get a drink from the ones loaded on my sea pass and take to a show, but, I'm a cheap date and it would put me to sleep.

Love going to the suite lounge, for the entertainment.

Ok that was not nice.

But we have observed different kinds of behavior from the very classy to the very a$$y. Yea we meet all kinds.

Life is what it is and some people feel they are entitled to everything at others expense. So we sometimes keep to ourselves.

Now before I am attacked.

We usually try to meet new friends in the suite lounge, but at times some of the friendships are already established from previous sailings, and we are not that high on the rankings.

However we did meet a great couple that were pinnacle on our last allure cruise in August, and we had the time of our lives chatting with them.

Oh our sailing the suite lounge we hardly ever crowded.

Ok, Diamond lounge, suite lounge, it is what you make of it.

It is a nice place to sit and relax.

Enjoy, we do.

A few points that I know I have mentioned before.

1. Royal needs both - suite guests and loyal repeaters.

2. Yes, some suite guests book a suite every trip. But I personally do not think this is the norm for the loyal repeater (think 10 - 12 cruises per year).

3. Royal needs the loyal repeater (mostly retired) to fill their ships during the off season. The folks I have met onboard often say that the loyalty program keeps them coming back to Royal. Things like free laundry and not having to pay for drinks in the evening helps the bottom line when cruising many times yearly.

4. Royal is smart to cater to both groups. One is not more valuable than the other.

Katherine

Very..very well said Katherine! I agree! :)

Suites don't always pay more.

I can only travel during peak times until 2019.

I have paid More for my JS at peak times than a GS in off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed.... We pay similar to a Deluxe Balcony for our GS based on discounts applicable to our fare. I have visited with many loyalty guest who cruise in Suites.

Edited by troykahack