Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

Personally I think that the suite lounges should only be for suite guests, no matter of their loyalty status. If RCL goes the way of NCL that may be the case. We were in a Haven suite and their lounge is only for Haven guests. If I spent $$$$ for a suite on RCL I'd be annoyed to be dealing with the Loyalty members

Be careful, people that think like this are despised by by many with STATUS. They frown on our honestly. They dispatch the CC Police on us.

It's a cute idea, but in my experience on the Brilliance last fall, it was the same group of people tying up most of those seats for at least two hours every night. Epic Fail.

That's a shame! :(

We enjoyed that bar right at "magic hour" just after the

usual "got to get to the CL at 3:00 for the 4:30 opening" ;)

group had left for first seating around 6 pm.

The whole CL was practically empty by then. :)

Edited by island lady

It's a cute idea, but in my experience on the Brilliance last fall, it was the same group of people tying up most of those seats for at least two hours every night. Epic Fail.

John, please tell Bella hello...

I am curious though, when do these people eat, seems they might miss there dinning time? Or can they eat fast and squeeze two+ hours in after dinner?

John, please tell Bella hello...

I am curious though, when do these people eat, seems they might miss there dinning time? Or can they eat fast and squeeze two+ hours in after dinner?

Why do people have to go and eat? Most evenings, we find that after just a few snacks, there's no need for dinner. Takes less time out of many evenings, and we can do more stuff.

I'm sure we are not the only ones.

Why do people have to go and eat? Most evenings, we find that after just a few snacks, there's no need for dinner. Takes less time out of many evenings, and we can do more stuff.

Great answer.... eating is not necessary. I just thought eating and the food were a good part of the cruise, I suppose it can be the lounge and drinking.

Great answer.... eating is not necessary. I just thought eating and the food were a good part of the cruise, I suppose it can be the lounge and drinking.

Most who go to the lounge have had the entire menu more than once.

Some nights we go, some we don't- it depends.

But the view and atmosphere in the lounges tend to be a lot nicer than the MDR.

Lately we have been having so much trouble with getting our seating

at our reserved time for MTD...that we mostly just give up and go to the WJ.

We have actually really enjoyed our light dinners in there on

many ships now. The TRUE "my time dining on our own time". ;)

We can eat when we want, what and how much we want,

with no hassles. Lots of officers in there late also.

Groups have been tying up the chairs, stools etc. since the lounges have been established. Nothing new. Plenty of other seats in the Radiance Class CL's.

Epic Fail?? Bit dramatic don't ya think?

Agree!! :) That is why we prefer the CL to the DL on Radiance class. We love sitting at that

half circle bar! The bartenders indeed were always fun! Also great set up for conversations with new found friends!

Agree with everyone. Love the Concierge Club bar on Radiance class! And there is an outdoor seating area the Diamond Club doesn't have.

On the independance at the moment and over 500 diamond on board , the coffee machine hasn't worked since we got on and the amount of free booze served in the first 2 nights from 5-8.30 would sink a battleship so can't see this perk lasting too much longer !!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

On the independance at the moment and over 500 diamond on board , the coffee machine hasn't worked since we got on and the amount of free booze served in the first 2 nights from 5-8.30 would sink a battleship so can't see this perk lasting too much longer !!!

I thought most of these cruises had a drink package included in fare. Was there other places to get coffee?

That's a shame! :(

We enjoyed that bar right at "magic hour" just after the

usual "got to get to the CL at 3:00 for the 4:30 opening" ;)

group had left for first seating around 6 pm.

The whole CL was practically empty by then. :)

I guess we could go after dinner

I thought most of these cruises had a drink package included in fare. Was there other places to get coffee?

We go guaranteed cabin so no drinks package , no , the coffee machine just can't cope with the demand and the poor concierge girl just can't cope !!!

So on Oasis class ships, do diamond members still have access to the diamond lounge? Or are they being redirected elsewhere? When did or does this take effect?

No changes for Diamond members on Oasis class right now, and none announced.

So on Oasis class ships, do diamond members still have access to the diamond lounge? Or are they being redirected elsewhere? When did or does this take effect?

You're assuming that all of this is true and not another rumor.

Spoke to concierge on the ship and followed up to confirm with my PVP at Royal. Within the next month changes are coming to C&A program with the elimination of a lounge for Diamond members. They'll still get the 3 drinks loaded to their cards but will have to use them in one of the bars.

It was a good run while it lasted.

We were told that one lounge will now be for D and D+ while a second lounge will be for Suite and Pinnacles.

But as always...who really knows until you're on the ship.

Until then, maybe just a guessing game and a good or bad surprise once you board and find out for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HERE ARE THE NEW RULES ...

On even numbered months the following rules will apply:

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacle and D+.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles and D+ with 350+ points.

However, if it is a holiday cruise, then the following rules will apply (on any month and for any length cruise):

On odd months the following rules will apply:

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacle with over 1050 points the Diamond Lounge is for D+.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles the Diamond Lounge is for Diamond and D+.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite and Pinnacle guests and the Diamond Lounge is for diamond, D+ and passengers that make Diamond during the current cruise.

However, if the cruise is 13 days or longer, the following rules will apply (for both odd and even months):

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacle with 1400 points or more. The Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles under 1400 points.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles 1050+ points. The Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles under 1050 points and D+ with 350 or more points.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite and Pinnacle guests and the Diamond Lounge is for diamond, D+ and passengers that make Diamond during the current cruise.

However, if it is a holiday cruise, the following rules will apply (on any month, and for any length cruise):

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests, Pinnacles, and D+ with 350+ points the Diamond Lounge is for D+ with less than 350 points.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests, Pinnacles, and D+. The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite, Pinnacle, D+ and Diamonds who will make D+ during the current cruise. The Diamond Lounge is for diamond and Emerald guest.

Unless it is a special event cruise (in any month, for any length, holiday or not) in which case the following rules will apply:

For all classes of ships the rules will be posted in your stateroom upon boarding.

Edited by Cuizer2