Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

.... When we were close to reaching Diamond status several years ago, the requirements changed and we spent another 5-6 years to climb the ladder....

This is hard for me to understand. If you were close to Diamond before the 2011 change, you should have been just as close after the change. They added 10 cruise points to the Diamond requirement, but also they gave everyone with 8 or more cruise credits (Diamond was 10 cruise credits) an extra 13 points for free.

This is hard for me to understand. If you were close to Diamond before the 2011 change, you should have been just as close after the change. They added 10 cruise points to the Diamond requirement, but also they gave everyone with 8 or more cruise credits (Diamond was 10 cruise credits) an extra 13 points for free.

My Eureka moment. I've never seen the extra 13 mentioned before. I always thought my total was odd. I heard some extra were added, but never thought that many. FWIW I thought they did it to keep us the same distance from Diamond, which it did.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My Eureka moment. I've never seen the extra 13 mentioned before. I always thought my total was odd. I heard some extra were added, but never thought that many. FWIW I thought they did it to keep us the same distance from Diamond, which it did.

I agree with you, it seemed they added the fudge factor to keep people close to the next level. Here is the formula they used:

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Bob, who is thrilled when he can contribute to a Eureka moment.:)

I agree with you, it seemed they added the fudge factor to keep people close to the next level. Here is the formula they used:

Of course I had 7 points at the time. I seem to always be just a little short to get the extra boost. I now have 90 points, so I will finally get Diamond benefits on my cruise in November (If there are any left - hahaha).

~Ryan

True to form, we are a day late and a dollar short. When we were close to reaching Diamond status several years ago, the requirements changed and we spent another 5-6 years to climb the ladder. Finally we achieved Diamond on our last cruise in August. We won't have a chance to cruise again until next March, so I guess there won't be a lounge for us. Three drinks are enough -- and much appreciated -- but I was so looking forward to the ambience of sitting in a private lounge with RCCL loyalists. Oh well.....we are mere peons in the world of frequent cruisers.

Of course I had 7 points at the time. I seem to always be just a little short to get the extra boost. I now have 90 points, so I will finally get Diamond benefits on my cruise in November (If there are any left - hahaha).

~Ryan

Odd that two different IDs were used....

All I can say is classic....:eek::D:rolleyes:

JC

Quite possible that the second poster is completely unrelated to the first and is just posting their comments about how they were also shorted on the conversion.

I love you Canadians you are so trusting of your fellow human beings. Being a jaded American.... I can't help it.

JC

Quite possible that the second poster is completely unrelated to the first and is just posting their comments about how they were also shorted on the conversion.

You are exactly correct. I thought it was fitting for me to join in on the conversation. Until Bob posted the actual conversion, I never really thought much about it. I do remember calling when they did the conversion to see if they would give my 1 more point, because the conversion made me 1 point away from Emerald. As you probably guessed it, I was not given the extra point and had to wait to complete another cruise before moving to the Emerald tier.

~Ryan

Personally I think that the suite lounges should only be for suite guests, no matter of their loyalty status. If RCL goes the way of NCL that may be the case. We were in a Haven suite and their lounge is only for Haven guests. If I spent $$$$ for a suite on RCL I'd be annoyed to be dealing with the Loyalty members

Personally I think that the suite lounges should only be for suite guests, no matter of their loyalty status. If RCL goes the way of NCL that may be the case. We were in a Haven suite and their lounge is only for Haven guests. If I spent $$$$ for a suite on RCL I'd be annoyed to be dealing with the Loyalty members

We are only D and We've booked suites the last 4 cruises and actually we really enjoyed the P and D + members that we have met in the CL. We were pleasantly surprised and looked forward to going there every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mark22mac

When we make D+ we will be sailing in a suite

So as D+ we cant enter but as a suite guest we can:p;):D

BTW on our Allure TA the only people in the D lounge were sleeping or playing cards as they had 3 venues for D-D+ for the evening event.

My parents (pinnacle) are on the Allure right now and texted me that for this cruise they turned the diamond lounge on deck 11 into a Pinnacle lounge. Diamond and Diamond + are meeting in Blaze or Jazz and have 6 drinks loaded onto their seapass cards instead of 3 to encourage people to drink at the bars instead of the "lounge". My mom is heading up to deck 11 now and said she will let me know if she hears anything else about future changes.

Shari

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Blaze is like drinking in the janitors closet.

But 6 drinks per card per day I can live with. Too bad they make you cram it into 4 hours

The system used to work some years ago but now when you end up having cruises with 100 and above Diamond Plus members and sometimes above 200 Diamond members the concept doesn't work. At the end of the day part of purchasing Suite accommodation includes the use of the Concierge / Suite Lounge for which such paying guests deserve a relaxed environment and not a overcrowded venue by Diamond Plus members. Hence if RCL will end up taking the lounge away from Diamond members and only offering this privilege from Plus level this is a fair move given the drink vouchers during happy hour will remain in place and possibly a voucher of at least one specialty coffee per day would be added as well.

100 D+ and 200 Diamond are nothing. I've been on Anthem cruises where there were over 1000 D+ and Diamond.

Carol - are you still on Grandeur to ask? Last time on Grandeur (August) I was told that regardless of what happens through corporate the Grandeur would not change. There are not enough suites and Pinnacles to keep the concierge busy without allowing D+ into the deck 9 lounge. But I guess time will tell! Katherine

I know nothing "factual" but it is my opinion that nothing will change on the Grandeur. (and I doubt that anyone on board would actually know anything about any changes anyway).

The CL has overflow into the VCL, and they can expand or shrink the size of the overflow area by moving a couple of velvet ropes and stanchions.

DL has overflow into the South Pacific lounge, which is also flexible.

It just doesn't need to change to accommodate everyone.

:)

(and I came home on Thursday :))

Exact equation. We had 16 credits which became 125 points. According to my brochure, it was 24 credits to get to D+. With that in mind, if things had not changed it would have taken me 8 more cruises to get to D+, At 7 nights x 8 cruises = 56 points, so 125 and 56 = 181 which approximates the 175 points you now need for D+. That's why I always felt we were treated fine in the conversion.

Of course I could also have done that with (8) 3 night cruises under the old system. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Exact equation. We had 16 credits which became 125 points. According to my brochure, it was 24 credits to get to D+. With that in mind, if things had not changed it would have taken me 8 more cruises to get to D+, At 7 nights x 8 cruises = 56 points, so 125 and 56 = 181 which approximates the 175 points you now need for D+. That's why I always felt we were treated fine in the conversion.

Of course I could also have done that with (8) 3 night cruises under the old system. ;)

We lost in the credit to points conversion since we had several 10 and 11 nights cruises that were at that time equal to 1 cruise point. Didn't seem quite fair that a 3 night cruise and a 11 night cruise got the same amount of credit but it was RCI's program and rules.

I know nothing "factual" but it is my opinion that nothing will change on the Grandeur. (and I doubt that anyone on board would actually know anything about any changes anyway).

The CL has overflow into the VCL, and they can expand or shrink the size of the overflow area by moving a couple of velvet ropes and stanchions.

DL has overflow into the South Pacific lounge, which is also flexible.

It just doesn't need to change to accommodate everyone.

:)

(and I came home on Thursday :))

I agree, Carol, 100%. No big deal to me either way but I do like the option of sitting in the CL in the afternoons when the activities in South Pacific make the DL a less than quiet place to read/knit etc. Thanks for responding. Katherine

My parents (pinnacle) are on the Allure right now and texted me that for this cruise they turned the diamond lounge on deck 11 into a Pinnacle lounge. Diamond and Diamond + are meeting in Blaze or Jazz and have 6 drinks loaded onto their seapass cards instead of 3 to encourage people to drink at the bars instead of the "lounge". My mom is heading up to deck 11 now and said she will let me know if she hears anything else about future changes.

Shari

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on the Oasis in Feb. & March and the D lounge was basically empty. The 12th deck D lounge was a morgue, and I don't think that Pinnacles or otherwise will be happy on the 12th deck away from the food. lol

Your post, just when the ignorance factor was diminishing!......K.O.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: