Must have!

famreynoso

Soft sided cooler for ice.

I use it to carry cameras and sundries on, dump those in a drawer and ice down the water and sodas we ordered prior.

After two of them leaking we bought a Yeti. It's made 5 cruises so far.

Edited by BallFour4

I was literally just on Amazon looking at these for our cruise next month before I checked in here ... wrestling with whether or not it's really worth the price. ☺

Only thing I consider necessary to bring of my own aside from clothes/toiletries/first aid/meds and lots of sunscreen is our own snorkle gear.

I know it's good quality gear that's well maintained, and I know whose mouths have been on it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I was literally just on Amazon looking at these for our cruise next month before I checked in here ... wrestling with whether or not it's really worth the price. ☺

Only thing I consider necessary to bring of my own aside from clothes/toiletries/first aid/meds and lots of sunscreen is our own snorkle gear.

I know it's good quality gear that's well maintained, and I know whose mouths have been on it. Lol

Same. In addition to my earlier post, we bring our own snorkel gear. My wife even brings her own fins.

Check out the RTC brand of coolers, they look the same and are half the price. Bucees sells them.

We take our own snorkels for what you described and the rental ones don't have the purge valve.

Edited by BallFour4

Tooth paste and brush as well as floss, I go nuts if my teeth feel dirty or have something in them so this is a MUST since it is not supplied. Shampoo and conditioner since I have colored hair and well I don't trust products on my hair not specificly for color treated. My filtration bottle, must drink lots of water and like it cleaner then tap. Candy! The sweet shops on board are crazy priced and well I like nibbles so I bring and then whatever is left I leave for the room attendant. I also bring a extra bottle of nail polish with mini top and base file and remover wipes since I like to change my nails during the cruise most times...

Most unusual thing I bring is maybe my bag o'mini's. LOL, I belong to a bunch of sub boxes so have tons of mini sized products of everything and I bring them. Mini lotions, mini face creams, mini eye liner, mini lipstick, you name it I bring it in mini size. And I keep it all in a net shower organizer placed on the back of the bathroom door. LOL and I try to use as much of it up as I can. Travel sun screen anyone?

This is basically a question geared more towards my DW!

She brings her own: Bug spray, sunscreen, hair dryer, curling iron, mini-first aid kit, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, wine, sweeteners, etc.

My must haves are a music source with ear buds and peanut M&M's.

This is basically a question geared more towards my DW!

She brings her own: Bug spray, sunscreen, hair dryer, curling iron, mini-first aid kit, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, wine, sweeteners, etc.

My must haves are a music source with ear buds and peanut M&M's.

I like the way you cruise.

We bring lanyards for our sea passes and battery-operated tea lite candles for nite-lites in our cabin and bathroom. I'll also bring some tea bags next time. We LOVE the afternoon teas, but they only serve Lipton :eek: for free now, and DH is pretty picky about his tea.

I also bring my own shampoo and conditioner, but only in little travel bottles :o

Where did you get the tea lites?

I take my magic cup. It hold 2 1/2 mugs of coffe in the morning. Later it turns into lemonade and a little after that bourbon.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

There are only a few must-haves that we take.

My husband's cpap machine - and extension cord.

Conditioner for my daughter (just travel size, but man she can't do without it)

Ipad to read at night before bed (otherwise I can't sleep)

... then just the basic stuff. Clothes, first aid kit, cruise documents. That's it.

Whats the one thing or several things you must bring from home that carnival doesnt have or its not good enough for you? (Pillow, creamers, salsa, etc).

Just curious, might give me or others some "a ha" ideas.......

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

OTC meds like alka seltzer. tums, Imodium, sunburn stuff, aspirin. Don't want to go to medical with stomach issues, they may quarantine you.

Where did you get the tea lites?

I take my magic cup. It hold 2 1/2 mugs of coffe in the morning. Later it turns into lemonade and a little after that bourbon.

Tea lights - Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, probably dollar store and supermarkets too. Easy to find. These work well.

I want your cup.

Whats the one thing or several things you must bring from home that carnival doesnt have or its not good enough for you?

I bring my own drink cups from home! Usually a couple stainless steel tumblers for mixed drinks or soda and a couple reuseable water bottles. Pretty much any drink I get at the bar I'll pour into the stainless steel tumbler to keep it cold, with some extra ice from the ice machines.

Last cruise I also brought one of those double walled wine glass tumblers. It felt a little out of place in the MDR though. ;)

Tea lights - Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, probably dollar store and supermarkets too. Easy to find. These work well.

I want your cup.

LOL. It's funny, on Carnival I don't get remarks about my cup which is kind of large, not mega, but large. On HAL at least 10 crew saw it and said Wow! The magic is what I like! And next cruise I will have my magic cup on the Magic.

Last week I had to wear a pari of sneakers for the first time in over a year. When I took them out I found full small rum runners in each one! More magic!

I want your cup.

I have to reiterate how great the tea lites, or any type of nite lites are on cruises. There's nothing worse than waking up in the dark and fumbling around to see what time it is, or getting up to go to the bathroom and falling over the coffee table :eek: Plus they give off such little light that you can get up without turning on the lights and waking up your cabin mates :)