Port Nassau webcam

Sky616

I was on the webcam about a 1/2 hour ago and it just went off. The winds were pretty strong at the time. Did anyone else notice it go off or could it just be my computer? There were over 1,600 viewers at the time which is a lot compared to usual.

Back up this morning, 562 viewers. A pure guess by watching the cams 30-40mph steady winds.

Maybe the viewing volume has gone up- I just tried to connect (7:56am EST), and got an Offline error.

The news had the eye near Nassau at about 8am.

Weather Channel has a guy in Nassau at a north shore hotel broadcasting..lots of palm trees strippped and debris all over, storm surge getting higher as he broadcasts...hotel dock has now submerged with the surge in the space of 10 minutes.

Anyway, you can get your webcam view there.:(

Edited by BecciBoo

Weather Channel reporting from Nassau all morning. Really windy with lots of things flying thru air. Have not been abel to bring up Web Cam. Go to Weather Channel if interested. Eye very close to Nassau so it is calmer now but all H wil break out again when eye passes and back side of storm arrives.

He's IN the Hilton. Know there's damage but right now it doesn't look all that bad. No flooding...trees down but not a lot of them. And the storm is almost past them now.

But on the way north, open water should intensify it.

Edited by BecciBoo

He's IN the Hilton. Know there's damage but right now it doesn't look all that bad. No flooding...trees down but not a lot of them. And the storm is almost past them now.

But on the way north, open water should intensify it.

The bigger rain/damage is likely still ahead as the eye passes...

Has anyone heard how Nassau has fared during the storm? We are due to put in there on the 16th on Oasis...just wondering if we will have a Port change.

We are on the same trip. Nothing on itinerary changes yet for the people supposed to be there tomorrow on on the RC site.

Edited by mattg43

The MSC Divina cruise leaving today (Oct. 8) had Nassau as its first stop. That has been changed to Turks & Caicos.

Wow. Lucky them! Seems weird to me as I heard the Port of Nassau reopened at 6:00 AM this morning.

http://www.breakingnews.com/item/2016/10/07/port-of-nassau-bahamas-will-reopen-saturday-at-6/

We are on the same trip. Nothing on itinerary changes yet for the people supposed to be there tomorrow on on the RC site.

I saw on the Allure 10/9 sailing meet and mingle thread that they are bypassing Nassau, missing St Thomas, adding San Juan and then stopping at Labadee on Friday. I haven't been able to confirm this yet. I wouldn't mind going to Labadee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk