Norwegian Bliss

shof515

Are you suggesting that passengers aboard the Escape spend more money than on other ships because of the DBH? My only point... the venue obviously has significantly more overhead than every other cookie-cutter bar.

I am just saying people like me (I am a beer drinker, not a huge mixed drink person) would be happier with a nice brew house on board (and may show that in our purchases). It may not work out totally, so who knows, but I would actually lean towards the Escape in the future (over any other line) because of the brew house.

Edited by oteixeira

It may not work out totally, so who knows, but I would actually lean towards the Escape in the future (over any other line) because of the brew house.

We're in the same camp. I'll be flying the family to Miami vs driving to NYC to board a ship, all because of the DBH.

Edit: and I picked my room on the Bliss TA based on my HOPE that a DBH will be awaiting me on deck 8. A man can dream...

Edited by TheDougOut

I am just saying people like me (I am a beer drinker, not a huge mixed drink person) would be happier with a nice brew house on board (and may show that in our purchases). It may not work out totally, so who knows, but I would actually lean towards the Escape in the future (over any other line) because of the brew house.

I can't speak to the economics, but I will echo Oteixeira's comments that the brewhouse would be very important to my decision on a cruise ship. Especially one that will spend much of its time out of the Pacific NW, which is creating a whole generation of "beer snobs" (like me)!

I agree that's probably just a copy of information. Can you point me to where the Joy deck plans can be found?

As much as it would disappoint me, I wouldn't be surprised if the DBH ends up being unique to the Escape. In the era of UBP, i suspect it's not viewed favorably to the number crunchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't seen them; that comment came from someone else in the roll call for the Sept 30 2018 bliss sailing. Can tell you that the lightly detailed deck plans I found for the Bliss were in the online site for a TA that is associated with a large wholesale club headquartered out of Seattle. If you do a mock booking, there will be an option to view deckplans on the screen to select your cabin.

I haven't seen them; that comment came from someone else in the roll call for the Sept 30 2018 bliss sailing. Can tell you that the lightly detailed deck plans I found for the Bliss were in the online site for a TA that is associated with a large wholesale club headquartered out of Seattle. If you do a mock booking, there will be an option to view deckplans on the screen to select your cabin.

Thanks much! Interesting to see FoodRepublic on the Waterfront. The fact that "tea" displaced DBH and O'Sheehans... definately looks Asia-specific.

I was on the 3-day sailing from Hamburg to Southampton on October 25th, 2015. And I have a copy of my initial booking confirmation from then, and it shows that I booked that 3 day cruise already on June 28, 2014 (!) - a total of 17 months before the actual sailing.

*smacks forehead* I have my confirmation still in my travel folders. I booked the 2 day on 2/6/15. I remember dithering for about a week or so before hand on if I wanted to book a suite or something else and I'm pretty sure it was up for a bit before that but not too much.

Hm, my memory is failing heh! We had one of those spacious forward looking oceanviews to try out (11700 or 10700) but got an unasked upgrade to balcony over the period of time so I guess we booked it also well in advance, need to recheck the docs.. :)

Edited by FreestyleNovice

• 3 weeks later...

when do you think NCL will release more info about the Bliss?

It's probably going to be like the Escape in terms of layout with new "branded" bars and spaces. I remember a while back that Kevin S. said that he wanted each ship to be different, to encourage people to try new ships. However, the newer NCL ships under Del Rio seem to all be relatively the same. (except for the Joy obviously)

It does appear that they just took it from Joy since I see the "Joy Theatre" listed on the plans as well. *fingers crossed for the Brewhouse*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That thought has crossed my mind too, especially with the downgrading of liquors and wines available for those with UBP/Open Bar.

I have thought that they may keep it on Bliss and do up charges for most beers. Of course, do the same with the Escape.

From what I'm reading/hearing, many people don't mind paying extra for better liquors and wines. Even with the service charges approaching $100.00, seems the unlimited factor is most desirable.

I agree that's probably just a copy of information. Can you point me to where the Joy deck plans can be found?

As much as it would disappoint me, I wouldn't be surprised if the DBH ends up being unique to the Escape. In the era of UBP, i suspect it's not viewed favorably to the number crunchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't doubt the Aft PH will have the large (corner) balconies.

Not only does NCL still show Escape's layout with a small balcony, listing the size as 78sq ft, which is incorrect. All are larger; some close to 250 sq ft.

It's funny that they have the Bliss info as 151-248 sq ft, which is prob the Escape's actual size.

I am so thankful to have Cruise Critic as a resource!:)

....and we know that the Escape balcony includes the corner! Yeah - not feeling confident that it's correct! :cool:

I even went out looking for floor plans for the JOY - thinking they may be out and more accurate and didn't find much! :o

The image at the link, below, shows that the Haven has its own glass-enclosed "sky box" above the main lounge area.

Given how few Haven passengers there are, I'm hoping they will get that amount of space and no more.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NorwegianJoy.Concierge2.jpg

Yes: Nice that the "Havens" have this area above the Thermal Spa on Deck 16.

I hope they stay put.:)

-nevermind-

From asubaru :"I'm convinced, it's the luck of the draw where ever you plan on spending most of your time."

From past experience, I would suggest that you book the Thermal Spa Club* early, before it gets sold out. :cool:

* Being quiet, you may not meet anyone.

That's what I was trying to figure out.

It looks like the picture posted is the "everyone" observation area and the "skybox" is also for everyone.

"The Haven (on Deck 17 & 18) has its own glass-enclosed Sky Box" .Bliss_3_011017.jpg

Not for everyone.:rolleyes:

The "everyone" observation area will be above the Bridge, on Deck 15.

Am I wrong?

No, you aren't wrong. There are 2 different pictures/renderings being quoted. Now that both observation decks are shown, it is more clear.

My question is, why would NCL put the Spa Cabins in the aft of Deck 15,

when the Thermal Spa is Forward Deck 16?

Booked a Spa Balcony...

Will I be walking the lenght of the ship, to the Thermal Spa, in me bathrobe? LOL

• 1 month later...
My question is, why would NCL put the Spa Cabins in the aft of Deck 15,

when the Thermal Spa is Forward Deck 16?

Booked a Spa Balcony...

Will I be walking the lenght of the ship, to the Thermal Spa, in me bathrobe? LOL

Wonder if they'll put the spa in the aft? This ship may be way different than we're used to!

I got an email today about the entertainment. The nightclub is in same room as comedy. Makes sense. http://www.bliss.ncl.com/entertainment

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Jersey Boys is a great show! And the Cavern Club looks like it will be good too. Now just hoping they have Food Republic.

Really looking forward to hearing from those on the first cruises, but I guess we have awhile to wait!

I am very excited about the Bliss and looking at the Miami to LA through the Panama Canal in 2019. I notice that they don't have any Owners suites? Just DOS then 2BR penthouses and aft penthouses. That correct? I couldn't see anything on their website. My preference would be DOS or OS.